Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, July 18, 2018, 8:26pm
Rotherham and Peterborough have had bids rejected for Accrington striker Kayden Jackson, while Ipswich and Preston have made enquiries.

And we thought he was lightweight
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 18, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Garth
Rotherham and Peterborough have had bids rejected for Accrington striker Kayden Jackson, while Ipswich and Preston have made enquiries.

Have to say very surprised by his progress, seem to recall that he was not a regular for either PH orMB, so in this case maybe not just the fans who did not recognise his talent or at least how to play that would allow him to show it.
Posted by: fiveallive, July 18, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 2
The game a couple of years back I think against Morecambe first game of the season he was was awesome in that game, then he was told to play out wide and he seemed to loose his way.
Posted by: londonmariner2, July 18, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 3
He also had another good game. I think it may have been when Bogle scored 3 against Stevenage
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, July 18, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Garth

He was lightweight. No question about it.

However great kudos to the lad for getting his act together at Accy.
Posted by: chaos33, July 18, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 5
I like idea that Hurst now fancies him for Ipswich in the Championship, whilst he signed him and then didn't really seem to rate him in L2.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 18, 2018, 10:08pm; Reply: 6
Got a good head on his shoulders he realised he needed more strength so clearly as hit the gym ,I hope his progress continues
Posted by: Maringer, July 18, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 7
Young players can change a lot in a couple of years. I remember when Jack Lester first appeared in our team - looked very lightweight and lacking in many areas, but he developed into a very canny operator at a higher level. Jackson obviously learned something from his time with us, or perhaps he has just thrived alongside different players in a different formation at a different club.

No great surprise if Hurst was trying to get Jackson to Ipswich. He'll know him well enough from his time in charge and will know the sort of character he's looking for which is probably half the battle in management.
Posted by: sam gy, July 18, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 8
Let’s be honest, the reason Jackson never got a run up top was because of Omar Bogle’s form.

You’re never gonna play them two up top together, and when you’re scoring that many, you’re gonna be playing Omar.

Wrong time, wrong situation.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 19, 2018, 8:08am; Reply: 9
Quoted from sam gy
Let’s be honest, the reason Jackson never got a run up top was because of Omar Bogle’s form.

You’re never gonna play them two up top together, and when you’re scoring that many, you’re gonna be playing Omar.

I think that's a very fair assessment.  Jackson started the season as the preferred option over Bogle, justifying it in his first start but then never really reaching those heights again.  Bogle's form rocketed and there was no way you couldn't play him,  As Sam points out, a Bogle/Jackson pairing would never have worked.  

Jackson was very raw when he was here and clearly has developed his game since.  His time here was summed up for me in what I think was his last game, away at Doncaster.  Bignot played him as a target man with Scott Vernon operating in the hole behind him.  The lad looked lost and we didn't utilise his main asset (his pace) anywhere near enough, or even at all!
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 19, 2018, 8:08am; Reply: 10
Quoted from sam gy

I thought it was more to do with Hurst playing him wide where he was ineffective.
Posted by: Garth, July 19, 2018, 10:23am; Reply: 11
Just goes to show though, with young players they need time good coaching and patience.
I see both the Rose pair and Harry coming on in leaps and bounds this season
Posted by: Tommy, July 19, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 12
I'd add the other Harry to that too Garth
Posted by: sam gy, July 19, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 13
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought it was more to do with Hurst playing him wide where he was ineffective.

Well yeah, that’s what I’m saying. He wasn’t played up top because Bogle was on fire, so he was moved out wide.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 19, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from chaos33
I like idea that Hurst now fancies him for Ipswich in the Championship, whilst he signed him and then didn't really seem to rate him in L2.

He did the same with Henderson. Signed on loan here and he never got a look in until Bignot came, then Hurst signed Hendo for Shrewsbury and played him. Maybe he doesn't have confidence in his initial assessment until some other sodomist plays him and shows that he is indeed good.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), July 19, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 15
We played him out of position, simple as that.
Posted by: devs, July 19, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 16
Jackson was played wide right in a quite rigid 4 4 2 as I remember
I think he played as part of a three up top for Accrington
Suited him - more freedom
Posted by: ginnywings, July 19, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 17
Can't score goals when you have to do "us tracking back".
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 20, 2018, 8:29am; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He did the same with Henderson. Signed on loan here and he never got a look in until Bignot came, then Hurst signed Hendo for Shrewsbury and played him. Maybe he doesn't have confidence in his initial assessment until some other sodomist plays him and shows that he is indeed good.

To be fair to Hurst, he signed Henderson at the end of August, by the 24th October he was at Shrewsbury.  There was an almighty meltdown when Henderson did finally get a chance in December, after a few shaky games from Macca too.  Can you imagine the reaction if Hurst had dropped Macca for no real reason?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from diehardmariner

To be fair to Hurst, he signed Henderson at the end of August, by the 24th October he was at Shrewsbury.  There was an almighty meltdown when Henderson did finally get a chance in December, after a few shaky games from Macca too.  Can you imagine the reaction if Hurst had dropped Macca for no real reason?

Since when did Hurst give a excrement what the Fishy thought?
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 20, 2018, 7:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Since when did Hurst give a excrement what the Fishy thought?

Can you not remember when he used to come on here, half-cut, after a defeat to rant at his critics?

Went under the pseudonym 'GetUsShapeRight'.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2018, 8:05pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner

Can you not remember when he used to come on here, half-cut, after a defeat to rant at his critics?

Went under the pseudonym 'GetUsShapeRight'.

;D ;D ;D
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 6:56pm