Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bentley, July 17, 2018, 8:26pm
Defo a striker signing before Saturday. From what I hear a satment of intent from the board well done if true.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 17, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 1
intercourse sake how has he got back on rob!?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 17, 2018, 8:29pm; Reply: 2
Doesn't Bentley have previous, or can we trust this post?
Posted by: davmariner, July 17, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 3
For those who don’t know, Bentley is a bullsh1tter.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 4

Must be true then.
Posted by: Bentley, July 17, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 5
Hagrid do one. Am as much allowed on this site as you are.so go crying to Rob as much as you like. Thankyou
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 17, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Bentley
Hagrid do one. Am as much allowed on this site as you are.so go crying to Rob as much as you like. Thankyou

So, in order to improve your reputation, are you prepared to substantiate your claims in any way?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 17, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Bentley
Defo a 20+ goals a season striker signing for 6 figures before Thursday. From what I hear a satment of intent from the board well done if true.

Don't worry guys. I have quoted his original post just in case he tries to edit it later.
Posted by: golfer, July 17, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 8
Of course it's true-I think he's been reading my E-mails. I told Jolly to put them in code but you can't get the staff nowadays
Posted by: Bentley, July 17, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 9
Pizzza  go back to Italy and eat your pasta. As you no nothing about football. Thankyou
Posted by: Father Christmas, July 17, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from pizzzza

Don't worry guys. I have quoted his original post just in case he tries to edit it later.

I was worried mr spaghetti
Posted by: Hagrid, July 17, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Bentley

Stop posting a load of excrement then
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 17, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 12
I remember when this forum wasn’t full of squabbles - the good times.
Posted by: buckstown, July 17, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 13
Oh dear dear dear, schools must have broken up.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 17, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 14
Well I find Bentley is usually accurate with his information, he told me the moon landings were a fake and England would win the World Cup 2018.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 17, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 15
From anyone else I’d believe it but it’s a def 1 on the Bentley Scale .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 17, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 16
2 bentley.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 17

I find the likes of Bentley bring a bit of fresh air to the Fishy so fair play to him.......at least he's not a boring b@stard like me.

Bring on the green ticks   8)
Posted by: moosey_club, July 17, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 18
Despite the track record i hope its true...our current front line isnt hinting its got strength in depth.
Posted by: Sigone, July 17, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 19
M.J has told matt dean he is meeting a player tomorrow with a view to signing..full interview coming up.
Posted by: ClamMan, July 17, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 20
Could maybe be an improved bid for Bowman? hopefully
Posted by: Sigone, July 17, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 21
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06f0zqm
Posted by: pizzzza, July 17, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Bentley
Pizzza  go back to Italy and eat your pasta. As you no nothing about football. Thankyou

I thought the school holidays started next week?
Posted by: golfer, July 18, 2018, 6:25am; Reply: 23
There is more excitement in Bentley coming back than this years signings.  Bentley-can you play football
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 18, 2018, 7:06am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ClamMan
Could maybe be an improved bid for Bowman? hopefully

It's not Bowman. He didn't specify the position but he did confirm the player is a free agent.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 18, 2018, 7:40am; Reply: 25
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's not Bowman. He didn't specify the position but he did confirm the player is a free agent.

Fortune?
Not that he would get my pulse racing
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 18, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 26
not sure where this is on the Bentley scale but Martin Paterson is a name being banded around, not attached to anyone now. knows Jolley from Burnley too. obviously we know all about him.

Could be a good call.

not sure how reliable the source is so wont be naming them but they do know staff at the club.
Posted by: fiveallive, July 18, 2018, 9:18am; Reply: 27
If thats meant to be Martin Paterson who we had on loan a few years back the answer for me is no thanks, very injury proan last few years and hasn't hardly scored.

Hopefully the signing will be Chris Long that's just a guess but seems the most likely.

The only issue with signing players now is that they have missed the start of pre season and are always playing catch up.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 18, 2018, 9:50am; Reply: 28
Paterson was an incredible player when he was here.

But I hope its not him, poor record last couple of years and on the wrong end of the age scale than we want
Posted by: Abdul19, July 18, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 29
Quoted from monkeyboy
not sure where this is on the Bentley scale but Martin Pateron is a name being banded around, not attached to anyone now. knows Jolley from Burnley too. obviously we know all about him.

He left Burnley a year before Jolley (who coached the under 23s) joined.
Posted by: Alfie, July 18, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 30
Paterson been playing in the States & India - suggests £££ more likely to be a factor. Would guess he would earn more somewhere sunnier

On paper - could be a great rough diamond. Never been a goalscorer, more of a 'pain in the bottom' rat at top. 29 in 130 at Burnley but super effective for them
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 18, 2018, 10:15am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Alfie
Paterson been playing in the States & India - suggests £££ more likely to be a factor. Would guess he would earn more somewhere sunnier

On paper - could be a great rough diamond. Never been a goalscorer, more of a 'pain in the bottom' rat at top. 29 in 130 at Burnley but super effective for them

Like i said could be bollox but what i was told.

For not being a goal scorer his record is not bad . 1 every 4 games at Premier/Championship level is good going, even better at Tampa which is still a reasonable level of footy.
I would have him in a shot.
Posted by: ska face, July 18, 2018, 11:06am; Reply: 32
As someone had already said, how would they know each other from Burnley if Paterson left a year before Jolley started working with the youth teams?
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from ska face
As someone had already said, how would they know each other from Burnley if Paterson left a year before Jolley started working with the youth teams?

Jolley has a time machine ?
Jolley is a time lord ?

Posted by: Civvy at last, July 18, 2018, 1:20pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from moosey_club

Jolley has a time machine ?
Jolley is a time lord ?

Funnily enough I lent him a time machine this morning.

He brought it back yesterday !!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from ska face

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.  ;)
Posted by: Bigdog, July 18, 2018, 1:35pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Les Brechin

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good rumour.  ;)

Amended for you Les..
Posted by: RichMariner, July 18, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 37
Paterson, from what I remember when he was with us, was a workaholic. He ran himself into the ground and then followed that up with a very good season at Scunny at a higher level.

I get that he's been injury prone and not been playing at what we'd consider a high level recently, but I'd rather have a hard-working team that scores goals from all over the pitch than be overly-reliant on one player.

I think someone like Paterson would put a real shift in to help create room for others to exploit. I think that's part of Jolley's ethos. Good, honest, hard-working pros, putting in shifts for each other.
Posted by: Kris2, July 18, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from RichMariner
Paterson, from what I remember when he was with us, was a workaholic. He ran himself into the ground and then followed that up with a very good season at Scunny at a higher level.

I get that he's been injury prone and not been playing at what we'd consider a high level recently, but I'd rather have a hard-working team that scores goals from all over the pitch than be overly-reliant on one player.

I think someone like Paterson would put a real shift in to help create room for others to exploit. I think that's part of Jolley's ethos. Good, honest, hard-working pros, putting in shifts for each other.

Who cares about the reality of an unreliable, injury prone player who has dropped down to playing Sunday league football in other countries with a much easier schedule. It doesn't matter if he won't be good because of NOSTALGIA! Reliving the games you saw when you were in school is surely more important than the benefit of the team and club.
Posted by: golfer, July 18, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ska face

He might have left graffiti on the bog walls- I always do at every ground I go to
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 18, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from golfer

He might have left graffiti on the bog walls- I always do at every ground I go to

And sometimes it’s not paint or marker  pen.  😳
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 18, 2018, 2:50pm; Reply: 41
MJ said he is meeting a free agent today & Chris Long is a free agent. That's me putting two & two together and hopefully making four.
Posted by: coddy60, July 18, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 42
Hope it's Long.
Patos dad lives here, I play golf with him, and he supports the Mariners, but I believe him to be well past his best..so hopefully not
Posted by: coddy60, July 18, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 43
Pato btw, not his dad
Posted by: dicko995, July 18, 2018, 3:26pm; Reply: 44
haha Coddy, tickled me
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 18, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 45
Bentley 2.3
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, July 18, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 46
The board promised some quality signings this window still waiting on a couple of strikers to be signed, to tick that box.. Long sounds like a good one hopefully he's still a target for us
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from coddy60
Pato btw, not his dad

ooohhh...so close to getting pulled up on that one  ;D
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 18, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
The board promised some quality signings this window still waiting on a couple of strikers to be signed, to tick that box.. Long sounds like a good one hopefully he's still a target for us

Did they, when was that?
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 18, 2018, 5:52pm; Reply: 49
Jolley keeps his cards very close to his chest with anything to do with signings, so I'm presuming he's pretty confidebt this free agent will sign for us if he's telling us about them.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 19, 2018, 11:45am; Reply: 50
Wonder if anything will come of MJ's meeting yesterday?

Hopefully news on a new signing in the next 36 hours??
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 19, 2018, 2:04pm; Reply: 51
Just taken him down Freemo to see the work being done on our new stadium
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 19, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Civvy at last

Funnily enough I lent him a time machine this morning.

He brought it back yesterday !!

PMSL

Was it you who knocked Bob Monkhouse's joke book?
Posted by: golfer, July 20, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 53
I hope we have more signings on the horizon because I haven't been really impressed as yet and the start of season is rapidly approaching.   I will be ever grateful for Jolly saving us from the drop but at the moment my expectations aren't very high for next season with the team we have. It's all very good pinning your hopes on a manager but he also has to have a team able to carry out his wishes.  My fingers are crossed as it doesn't look like anybody else will be coming-I hope I am wrong
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 20, 2018, 10:08am; Reply: 54
Relax. Jolley has already stated he wants in at least 2/3 more players. At least one striker is on the list of targets and we are very active in the market. Im guessing hes holding out for his top targets instead of signing anyone hence we held back from signing Antoine-Fortune as yet.
As we are close to the season starting now all free agents will start panicking and seek to get signed up with clubs as soon as they can. But in doing so have managed to dodge the gruelling pre-season.
Sneeky beggars
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 20, 2018, 10:16am; Reply: 55
Quoted from golfer
I hope we have more signings on the horizon because I haven't been really impressed as yet and the start of season is rapidly approaching.   I will be ever grateful for Jolly saving us from the drop but at the moment my expectations aren't very high for next season with the team we have. It's all very good pinning your hopes on a manager but he also has to have a team able to carry out his wishes.  My fingers are crossed as it doesn't look like anybody else will be coming-I hope I am wrong

A couple of games only and you're not impressed.

Again, still in pre-season.

You seem very well informed.

Posted by: Cloudy, July 20, 2018, 10:23am; Reply: 56
Depends what you mean by high expectations?

Winning league? Automatic promotion? Play offs? Midtable?

I dont expect miracles but i do expect a dramatic improvement on last season in a better style of play, scoring more goals, playing at a higher tempo and having a team that is visably putting in  the effort. If we get that and improve on 18th then that, to me, is acceptable.

Doesnt mean to say i dont want us challenging at the top but essentially a new team, new staff and new style means that may be pushing it.

still think we will see a couple of more players in before we kick off the season
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 20, 2018, 10:30am; Reply: 57
I must agree by being slightly underwhelmed so far apart from the signing of john welsh which i think is a fantastic bit of buisness.

I have faith in jolley.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 20, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 58
There is absolutely no point in judging players or a team until well into the season. Some of the signings will surprise us in a good way, and some will be underwhelming. I've given up trying to figure out what is and isn't a good signing, and i gave up attaching significance to pre season friendlies a long time ago.

We are only 2 seasons back into the league and are on our 4th permanent manager already, with a couple of caretakers in there as well. The turnover of players has also been as high as i can remember in those 2 years. Slade did a hell of a lot of damage while he was here, and to me it feels like we have gone back to square one again, so i will be happy if we now consolidate, and look to build something over the next season or so. Jolley looks very much like he is using the Burnley model; bringing in hard working, but maybe unfashionable players who he will try and knit into an efficient unit. He has already said he will need more than 1 window to get us where he wants us to go.

So basically, it's a wait and see from me, and nothing can possibly be as bad as last season, can it?
Posted by: Ipswin, July 20, 2018, 11:08am; Reply: 59
Quoted from Stew0_0

As we are close to the season starting now all free agents will start panicking and seek to get signed up with clubs as soon as they can.

We've signed a load of them in the past. Never again I hope. We need players that some other sodomist wants not some useless tosser who is so desperate for a club that he'll snatch Jolley's hand off come to Grimsby Town

Posted by: Cloudy, July 20, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Ipswin

We've signed a load of them in the past. Never again I hope. We need players that some other sodomist wants not some useless tosser who is so desperate for a club that he'll snatch Jolley's hand off come to Grimsby Town

Like Salford?
Posted by: oldun, July 20, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 61
When does the transfer window close?
Posted by: marinerrick, July 20, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 62
I went on Tuesday and even though it was a defeat, against a much better team with money to spend. I thought that the first half squad looked more than competent to challenge top half of the table.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 20, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from oldun
When does the transfer window close?
9th August 2018
Posted by: Ipswin, July 20, 2018, 12:15pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Cloudy

Like Salford?

No no and no again, I don't want any more non-league level players at BP thank you!

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Bentley
Defo a striker signing before Saturday. From what I hear a satment of intent from the board well done if true.

They haven't got long left !

Posted by: dicko995, July 20, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 66
I doubt if we will have a new striker on board today, as the squad are at Rotherham this afternoon playing behind closed doors,so unless the kit lady at Blundell Park gets a signature from someone, I don't think so.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 20, 2018, 1:17pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from dicko995
I doubt if we will have a new striker on board today, as the squad are at Rotherham this afternoon playing behind closed doors,so unless the kit lady at Blundell Park gets a signature from someone, I don't think so.

He COULD also be playing v Rotherham as I post!!
Posted by: GrimRob, July 20, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Cloudy

He COULD also be playing v Rotherham as I post!!

There's more chance of winning the lottery than one of Bentley's predictions coming true
Posted by: Perkins, July 20, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 69
It won't  be  Chris Long, he signed for Fleetwood today
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 20, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 70
Don't you just love speculation, again someone makes an unfounded statement and people take the.bait, the only thing I'll speculate on is that we Will sign an.half decent striker before the start of the season, who that will be, as with the rest of us, I haven't the foggiest...just hope MJ has his fingers in more than one pie!!
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 20, 2018, 4:05pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Don't you just love speculation, again someone makes an unfounded statement and people take the.bait, the only thing I'll speculate on is that we Will sign an.half decent striker before the start of the season, who that will be, as with the rest of us, I haven't the foggiest...just hope MJ has his fingers in more than one pie!!

It'll probably be someone we've never heard of.

After all not many Town fans had heard of Liam Hearn, Alan Connell or Padraig Amond before we signed them.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 20, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 72
ah bentley. i love being proved right
Posted by: Pogo, July 20, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 73
Well it won’t be chris long as he’s just signed for Fleetwood
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

No no and no again, I don't want any more non-league level players at BP thank you!

Or ones from the Scottish Premier Division  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 75
I'm whelmed by the signings so far.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 20, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 76
If we fail to sign a recognised striker will people be having a moan at MJ, or as at the moment most would "use his sh@t for toothpaste" will he be given some leeway?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 20, 2018, 5:58pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Gaffer58
If we fail to sign a recognised striker will people be having a moan at MJ, or as at the moment most would "use his sh@t for toothpaste" will he be given some leeway?

There's lots of factors involved in signing players, the manager being only one of them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 20, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Gaffer58

If we don't sign a recognised striker, rather than have a moan at MJ I will be wondering what sort of a budget he has been given to work with.

Posted by: golfer, July 20, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 79
Have just found out that there is definitely a particular signing on the horizon that Jolly is hoping to get but negotiations are  proving difficult. He is not coming out who it is until yes or no but he seems  positive that he has a chance of making the signing. Pretty impressive if it comes off.
Posted by: golfer, July 20, 2018, 8:21pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I'm whelmed by the signings so far.

Over or under ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 20, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from golfer

Over or under ?

Neither. Just whelmed.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 22, 2018, 3:13pm; Reply: 82
Bullshit bentley strikes again
Posted by: bigbadmarinerbob, July 22, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 83
He didn't say which weekend  ;D
Posted by: Cloudy, July 22, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Hagrid
Bullshit bentley strikes again

Think posters need to realise that it is a parody account, posting unfounded rumours for people to get excited about.

Did anyone think Wayne couldn't spell? ;D
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 22, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 85
Methinks Bentley has a weak end....
Posted by: RoboCod, July 22, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 86
Off the Bentley scale this one..

[img]https://www.superlutas.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Carro-de-Jones-batido.jpg[/img]
Posted by: brigg_mariner, July 22, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 87
Can I ask as to why the OP isn’t blocked...?
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 22, 2018, 6:19pm; Reply: 88
Free speech . That's why he isn't blocked . Also he has had alot of interaction about his post
Posted by: sam gy, July 22, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 89
Never really understood people talking about wanting us to sign a ‘name’ player and similarly kicking up a fuss when we sign someone who we haven’t heard of before. Not since we’ve been this low in the pyramid anyway. Do many really exist?

My knowledge of players from other teams in the lower leagues is virtually non-existent. I know the Town players, and I know the ones that used to play for us. Anyone else we sign will get judged after a fair amount of games in a Town shirt, playing in our system.
Posted by: golfer, July 22, 2018, 7:14pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from brigg_mariner
Can I ask as to why the OP isn’t blocked...?

He's not very well.
Posted by: buckstown, July 22, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 91
He's well enough to sucker 10 pages of responses!!
Posted by: Mallyner, July 22, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from RoboCod
Off the Bentley scale this one..

[img]https://www.superlutas.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Carro-de-Jones-batido.jpg[/img]

I think that is a Rolls Canardly. Rolls down the hills but canardly get up them.  :)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 22, 2018, 11:36pm; Reply: 93
My mum has been saying this for 60 years
Posted by: forza ivano, July 23, 2018, 12:33am; Reply: 94
Little whisper that Charles vernham could be signing in soon
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 23, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 95
I would be very happy with Vernam, thought he looked a class act when here and was bizarrely shunted into wide roles.

However, he doesn't strike me as a proper striker.  Bit like Cook, he's someone who wants to come deep and make things happen.  No. 10/false 9/deep lying forward/foil/whatever you want to call it.  
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 23, 2018, 8:09am; Reply: 96
Vernam would be a great signing if we can keep him fit. A proper footballer.
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 23, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 97
I think Hooper's going to be the striker we all want to see signed. He's quick, strong and clearly has ability. But it's a matter of getting him to perform. In terms of Vernam liking to come short, you need that kind of player to link up play with the midfielders in the formation it looks like we'll be playing.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 23, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 98
Quoted from Mariner93er
I think Hooper's going to be the striker we all want to see signed. He's quick, strong and clearly has ability. But it's a matter of getting him to perform. In terms of Vernam liking to come short, you need that kind of player to link up play with the midfielders in the formation it looks like we'll be playing.

Oh I completely agree. I think we can't afford to have just one player who's capable of doing that linking of everything together.  We've seen too often that if you expect one player to do all the creating, they're easily nullified.  If, this is a big if, we do sign Vernam, I wonder if Jolley sacrifice one of the midfield 3 to play both Vernam and Cook behind a lone front man.
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 23, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 99
We aren’t going to be playing with recognised wingers so there’s going to be a lot of emphasis on the full backs to provide the width. I’m sure Vernam could play on the left of a three but I’d like to see him play in the Countinho position at the tip of a midfield three where he can come short and run at players, create space for others. I’d like to ser JJ remain playing that role on the left of a three. Even before his hat trick at FGR he looked like a totally different player in that position. Goals are still going to be an issue I fear, we need a genuine goal scorer and a midfielder who’s going to get beyond the striker. This would have been Whitehouse I suspect but hey ho we move on. I’m sure we’ll be fitter, more agressive and play at a higher tempo this season, not that that would be any sort of achievement. Slade did a lot of long term damage and I have my doubts whether players like Woolford, Rose and JJ can perform at that higher level for 46 games rather than 5 or 6.
Posted by: mariner91, July 23, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Mariner93er

I agree with this. He´s clearly a player who needs a lot of man management and some understanding from his manager which is why he fared so poorly under Slade. But Jolley has shown that he can get more out of them in a very short space of time than Slade could so if he gets JJ some confidence there´s no reason he couldn´t bag 15/20 for us this season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 23, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 101
Maybe the striker signing for Town Bentley heard about was Scott Vernon for Clee Town.
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 24, 2018, 7:27am; Reply: 102
I have it from a very good source that our new striker will be signing this week, Roy of the Rovers, having a medical this afternoon as Jolley just wants to ensure a 64 year old can still leap like a salmon. My source, Desperate Dan.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 24, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 103
now confirmed he has signed for us.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, July 24, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 104
should say via Twitter.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 24, 2018, 12:20pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Bentley

Looks like Bentley was right all along.......Jolley is interviewed about the Vernam signing on iFollow in Rotherham's ground so I assume the deal was done last Friday.

Posted by: golfer, July 24, 2018, 1:21pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looks like Bentley was right all along.......Jolley is interviewed about the Vernam signing on iFollow in Rotherham's ground so I assume the deal was done last Friday.

Quick-everyone who gave Bentley a red cross change it to a green tick.  WELL DONE BENTLEY-YOU ARE NOW POSTER OF THE WEEK-   keep the good work up.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 7:45am