Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 8:57am

According to the OS Sunderland are expected to bring their full first team squad and they are also expected to bring around 500 plus fans.

Think I'll give it a go......£12 pay on the night for me.

Posted by: AndyDarloFC, July 17, 2018, 11:21am; Reply: 1
Be very shocked if they brought 500 considering they brought less than 400 to us last week.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 17, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 2
According to another article on that blog mentioned on the other thread Andy, they've sold over 500
Posted by: MidnightMariner, July 17, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 3
Do season ticket holders get free or reduced entry for pre season friendlies can any one confirm please.
Cheers
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 17, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

According to the OS Sunderland are expected to bring their full first team squad and they are also expected to bring around 500 plus fans.

Think I'll give it a go......£12 pay on the night for me.

I know folks on here hate hearing about Lincoln but they have 3”attractive” home friendly fixtures v Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday & Blackburn plus their youth team played home fixture V Man City youths and you could get a ticket for all four for £12.50 which is a very good deal IMO
Posted by: Garth, July 17, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MidnightMariner
Do season ticket holders get free or reduced entry for pre season friendlies can any one confirm please.
Cheers

No
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, July 17, 2018, 7:32pm; Reply: 6
Anyone any idea who the two trialists are?
Posted by: Brazilnut, July 17, 2018, 7:34pm; Reply: 7
Can someone post the team as I am stuck at work ......please
Posted by: ginnywings, July 17, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

I know folks on here hate hearing about Lincoln but they have 3”attractive” home friendly fixtures v Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday & Blackburn plus their youth team played home fixture V Man City youths and you could get a ticket for all four for £12.50 which is a very good deal IMO

They obviously don't know the perils of devaluing the product.

I toyed with the idea of going tonight seeing as it's a nice night, then i saw the entrance fee...
Posted by: LH, July 17, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Anyone any idea who the two trialists are?

Ex Liverpool academy player Alex O’Hanlon and ex-Walsall midfielder Reece Flanagan.
Posted by: Poojah, July 17, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH

Ex Liverpool academy player Alex O’Hanlon and ex-Walsall midfielder Reece Flanagan.

Flanagan looks like a young Craig Disley so that’s good enough for me - been a bit part player for Walsall the last couple of seasons.

O’Hanlon most recently been playing in Ireland.
Posted by: hheh2, July 17, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 11
How many mackems are there?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 12

Town score a disallowed goal....VAR please. 😀
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 13

Sunderland take the lead but Town have matched them all the way.
Posted by: pizzzza, July 17, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 14
Sunderland's goalscorer was Gooch *snigger*
Posted by: Poojah, July 17, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pizzzza
Sunderland's goalscorer was Gooch *snigger*

He’s gash. We clearly weren’t tight enough.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 17, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 16
We are holding our own but my god either we lack pace or they've got a squad of players from the local sprint team....from what I've seen so far we will be trying to play football this season, need to sharpen up in the middle of the park and tell Fox to keep his legs closed, the lads getting twisted around more than Pete Burns!!!
Posted by: Poojah, July 17, 2018, 8:39pm; Reply: 17
Audio commentary here if anyone's interested:

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/match-commentary
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 17, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from promotion plaice

Town score a disallowed goal....VAR please. 😀

Coached by Niall quim
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 17, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

He’s gash. We clearly weren’t tight enough.

Loose shot, deep into the town box found a very big gap
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 17, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 20
Sounds exhilarating this commentary
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 17, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 21
Att 1776 (439)
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 9:03pm; Reply: 22
Too many crossed balls by us too close to their keeper and dealing with them well....he's shite at kicking the ball out though.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 17, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 23
Some positives for sure! But didnt really ever look like scoring
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 17, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 24
Presumably we lost 1-0 but confirmation would be helpful
Posted by: ginnywings, July 17, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Presumably we lost 1-0 but confirmation would be helpful

We lost 0-1.  ;)
Posted by: Ruston AT, July 17, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 26
A massive improvement on the slade era, thought the second string played at a better pace than the team that started. They had a bit more quality than us , a real shame Sunderland have fallen so far, they maybe worth a fiver to get promoted.
  Finally, come on JF push the boat out and give us a quality forward to help the lad we've got.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 17, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 27
I dont think they’d be worth a fiver at all!! Thought they were very average! Really impressed with akheem rose, like lightning and MOM for town was the Number 3, fakemo? From luton
Posted by: Cloudy, July 17, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Hagrid
I dont think they’d be worth a fiver at all!! Thought they were very average! Really impressed with akheem rose, like lightning and MOM for town was the Number 3, fakemo? From luton

Did ok but looked nervy at times.

Collins was first class as was Mitch Rose.

Limitations of a back 3 plus wing backs was evident tonight when we were pushed back into a flat back 5 and unable to get out enough.

Not reading too much into things but Fox struggled as a left wing back, Robles looks very limited and the trialist from Liverpool looked like a kebab shop owner, certainly not a footballer. The ginger lad triallist did quite well, Hessentaler also looked fine and A Rose is bloody quick.

Sunderland had a few first choice players including Gooch, Honeyman, Maguire, and McManaman. Their original keeper was impressive. Not sure who else was playing for them but looked neat and tidy but like us, mainly lacked penetration
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 17, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 29

I'm no expert but I think the only thing we can learn from tonight is that we haven't got a target man that can hold the ball up.
Posted by: Garth, July 17, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 30
JJ not a C/Forward, A Rose is quick, when the new man comes to lead the line we will be OK, a good few positives were seen tonight, second team on brighter than the first which is good, I thought Macca should have come for their goal it was always his ball, but hey ho just a friendly
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 17, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 31
If we are to play this formation, we need 2 quick wingbacks and 2 midfielders who are happy to break forward from midfield. Clearly fox and dixon aren't that suited to it, so i wouldn't be surprised to see the Burnley lad on loan. I think hall-johnson is capable on the other side. I imagine whitehouse was seen as one of those key midfielders willing to break forward, and his injuries obviously a big loss. I eouldn't be surprises to see another signing for this position.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:36am