Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 13, 2018, 8:48pm

Don't shoot the messenger as I never attend these games as I am against the competition in it's current format but we have been drawn in group G along with Doncaster Rovers and Notts County plus a yet to be drawn Academy side.

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, July 13, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 1
https://youtu.be/6--9CzajCNA
Posted by: LH, July 13, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 2
PP can you edit your post to break a forum rule so I can delete this please?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 13, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from LH
PP can you edit your post to break a forum rule so I can delete this please?

I'm happy for you to delete this thread.....please delete   :)

Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 13, 2018, 9:19pm; Reply: 4
Yawn😴

I wonder if some can drag this out till the next fans forum?
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, July 13, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

♫Let me gaze upon your curves,
Instead of Ipswich Town reserves ♫

;D
Posted by: LH, July 13, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Yawn😴

I wonder if some can drag this out till the next fans forum?

I agree with yawn. Should have been restored to it’s original form or completely binned off after the first failure of a season. A lot could change if people start attending the games but likewise if people stick to not attending then a lot could change too. I might be wrong but I don’t think any of the England World Cup squad have ever played in the Checkatrade in it’s current form. Do we need to invite PL kids to it? (See also: Winter Break).
Posted by: Abdul19, July 13, 2018, 11:50pm; Reply: 7
One of the Belgian squad has though - so if Belgium win tomorrow, by the FL's logic, they've cost England 3rd place!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 13, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
One of the Belgian squad has though - so if Belgium win tomorrow, by the FL's logic, they've cost England 3rd place!

If this doesn't win Post of the Week, there's no justice.
Posted by: LH, July 14, 2018, 12:12am; Reply: 9
I’ll have a guess that the Belgian was Adnan Januzaj but it could be Nacer Chadli.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 14, 2018, 7:40am; Reply: 10
Batshuayi played in it for Chelsea, but they might have done too, not sure.
Posted by: psgmariner, July 14, 2018, 7:54am; Reply: 11
Controversial but the way England are performing at pretty much every age group is not time to give the FA some credit and put some trust in them?

PS I won’t be attending and am still 100% against b teams.
Posted by: pen penfras, July 14, 2018, 9:06am; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH

I agree with yawn. Should have been restored to it’s original form or completely binned off after the first failure of a season. A lot could change if people start attending the games but likewise if people stick to not attending then a lot could change too. I might be wrong but I don’t think any of the England World Cup squad have ever played in the Checkatrade in it’s current form. Do we need to invite PL kids to it? (See also: Winter Break).

Hasn't worked for the last 2 years, might eventually make a difference but it's as likely to be canned as changed to something the fans can agree on (if this even exists). Personally, I think regionalisation alone would have be the best way to get more interest in the games.

I think next year it is up for voting at the football league AGM again. If the club were to vote against it, but the majority of clubs voted in favour, would this boycotting continue, or would you start going to matches again?
Posted by: Vance Warner, July 14, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 13
Quoted from psgmariner
Controversial but the way England are performing at pretty much every age group is not time to give the FA some credit and put some trust in them?

The same FA that appointed Sam Allardyce to lead us into this World Cup? Southgate and his team deserve a lots of credit but they're only doing what other nations have been doing for decades. We've underachieved for years because of the FA's mistakes and lack of strategy (sound familiar?)

Funnily enough most of the England squad like our last semi final squad learnt their trade playing in the lower leagues.
Posted by: Tommy, July 14, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 14
Quoted from psgmariner

Absolutely.

I remember after the last tournament or two, seeing the inquests on here and people mocking the "England DNA" and how it's clearly had no impact. I remember saying at the time it'd be years before anything started to show from it (as much as it seemed obvious it wouldn't change the players already in the England side or close to it.

You look at the players coming through the age-group sides now and the success they've been having in the last year. Look at Southgate who I believe had input into the whole DNA process. And whatever people think about how we got there, we got to a World Cup Semi-Final for the third time ever!!!

People are quick to criticise but a lot of credit has to go to the FA here.

(None of the above anything to do with the Checkatrade though, which has had zero effect)
Posted by: Cloudy, July 14, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Tommy

Absolutely.

I remember after the last tournament or two, seeing the inquests on here and people mocking the "England DNA" and how it's clearly had no impact. I remember saying at the time it'd be years before anything started to show from it (as much as it seemed obvious it wouldn't change the players already in the England side or close to it.

You look at the players coming through the age-group sides now and the success they've been having in the last year. Look at Southgate who I believe had input into the whole DNA process. And whatever people think about how we got there, we got to a World Cup Semi-Final for the third time ever!!!

People are quick to criticise but a lot of credit has to go to the FA here.

(None of the above anything to do with the Checkatrade though, which has had zero effect)

The key for me will be if those lads who have done so fantastically well at Under 17, 19,20 etc get game time to allow them to develop. The lad we had on loan from Villa couldn't get in our side.
Managers need to be brace to give these lads a chance. Hopefully Phil Foden will get a loan move and get 35+ games at championship level this coming season
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 16
Newcastle United U21's are the other team in the group, if anyone is remotely interested.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 17
Now now Les, that tone could be interpreted as a bit of peer pressure.....tantamount to ....bullying   (stickfight)
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 18, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
Now now Les, that tone could be interpreted as a bit of peer pressure.....tantamount to ....bullying   (stickfight)

Well let’s just hope that it doesn’t escalate into the disgusting behaviour of last season.  Probable sell outs being reduced to 3 figure gates. My mates dad who was a miner , said it reminded him of the picket lines during the strike.  Even Bear Grills stayed away I heard  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, July 18, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Civvy at last

Well let’s just hope that it doesn’t escalate into the disgusting behaviour of last season.  Probable sell outs being reduced to 3 figure gates. My mates dad who was a miner , said it reminded him of the picket lines during the strike.  Even Bear Grills stayed away I heard  ;)

to be fair to Bear, he would have made it but he was bringing along Warwick Davis with him ..and he couldnt get over the mountains of dog sh!t in Harrington St.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:10pm