Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 13, 2018, 3:13pm
As The World Cup draws to a close, I now turn my attention to the new season of The Icenian Prediction League. I will be PM'ing those who entered the last league to give them first refusal of playing again but if you didn't take part last time and want to this new season, just post your interest on here and I will put you onto the reserve list if anyone does not want to take part again.

It's free to enter and you predict 6 results each week, with the league stage lasting 12 weeks, before the Top 16 go into a head-to-head knockout, to find the ultimate champion.

Week 1 will start Saturday 11th August, I will post the first set of fixtures to predict the previous weekend.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, July 13, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 1
Can I be added to the reserve list.. cheers
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 13, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Can I be added to the reserve list.. cheers

You're in. There are a couple of spare places anyway.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 13, 2018, 4:13pm; Reply: 3
Hey up les, put me down on the reserve list please..
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 13, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Hey up les, put me down on the reserve list please..

You can take the other spare place. Ipswin has PM'd me too, to express his interest so we're now full, as long as everyone from last time accepts again.

If not (and I'm sure there will be one or two at least) then from now on anyone expressing an interest will go on the reserve list.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, July 13, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 5
Yes please les need to improve after the dismal World Cup
Posted by: Cloudy, July 13, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 6
I will have a go if any places become available
Posted by: Mikoo, July 13, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 7
Was in last time but had to drop out due to unforeseen circumstances. Won't happen this time so an add would be appreciated
Posted by: TAGG, July 14, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 8
Put me down please mate 👍
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 14, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 9
As reigning champ it'd be rude not too
Posted by: somersetmariner, July 14, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 10
Missed the boat ! shame

Would love my name to be on the reserve list

Cheers Les

Posted by: Les Brechin, July 14, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 11
Quoted from somersetmariner
Missed the boat ! shame

Would love my name to be on the reserve list

Cheers Les

I suppose there doesn't have to be a limit on entries really. I have done in the past as the more entries means more work for me marking them but I will try and accommodate everyone who has expressed an interest this time. I've still got about 15-20 from last season that I'm waiting to hear from and inevitably you get people dropping out during the season.
Posted by: somersetmariner, July 14, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

I suppose there doesn't have to be a limit on entries really. I have done in the past as the more entries means more work for me marking them but I will try and accommodate everyone who has expressed an interest this time. I've still got about 15-20 from last season that I'm waiting to hear from and inevitably you get people dropping out during the season.

Thanks a lot Les, appreciate your efforts.

Posted by: dicko995, July 14, 2018, 11:37am; Reply: 13
can you put me down please Les in the reserve list, ty.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 14, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 14
I'm interested
Posted by: Ashby mariner, July 15, 2018, 6:54am; Reply: 15
Pop me on if there is room please
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 15, 2018, 8:13am; Reply: 16
Yes please Les.
Posted by: CodHead, July 15, 2018, 8:22am; Reply: 17
Please Les
Posted by: Willesden Mariner, July 15, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 18
Yes please Les.
Posted by: gobby, July 15, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 19
Yes Please Les. 8)
UTMM
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 18, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 20
Ok, a quick update on this.

I have decided not to limit the amount of entrants anymore so we will run with all those expressing an interest. Don't forget though, if you fail to predict for 3 weeks on the trot then you will be removed from the table. The League stage will last for 12 weeks as usual and then the Top 16 will go into the knockout stage.

From entrants of the last league, so far those below have confirmed that they wish to enter again.

WOZOFGRIMSBY
TODMORDEN MARINER
RICHARD
GTFC JACK
PIZZZZA
GRIMBIGGS
CRUSTY OLE PIE
FISHOUTOFWATER
GOBBY
THEVERA
GARY ELTON
GRIMSBY PETE
GRANTHAM MARINER
BARTGTFC
ABDUL19
MIGHTY MARINER
CMACKENZIE4
HAGRID
BRAZILNUT
VINNO69
IVANOSANDWICH
CIVVY AT LAST
SONIK
POSH HARRY
MONKEY BOY
TRAD JAZZ
PENRITH MARINER
LUKEO
PONNYFAN
WIZBIT
MIKE502

I am still waiting to hear from the following

WEBBIT
GTFC71

Added to that, new entrants will be...

TWO LEFT FEET
IPSWIN
NORTHBANK MARINER
CLOUDY
MIKOO
TAGG
SOMERSET MARINER
DICKO995
GRIMSBY2012
ASHBY MARINER
CODHEAD
WILLESDEN MARINER

So, at the moment the league will start with 43 entries plus any of the ones on the "not heard from" list before the season starts.

First games to predict will be games on Saturday 11th August and I will post the games to predict the weekend before.

I will give a quick resume of the rules before the season starts.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 2, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 21
Okay, this will be starting next Saturday (11th) and I will be posting the first set of fixtures to predict this Saturday evening.

I have decided not to limit the amout of entries this year and at the moment we have 43 people who have expressed an interest. I'm sure we will get a few drop out over the course of the game.  From those who entered last time, the following have said they will enter again.

From entrants of the last league, so far those below have confirmed that they wish to enter again.

WOZOFGRIMSBY
TODMORDEN MARINER
RICHARD
GTFC JACK
PIZZZZA
GRIMBIGGS
CRUSTY OLE PIE
FISHOUTOFWATER
GOBBY
THEVERA
GARY ELTON
GRIMSBY PETE
GRANTHAM MARINER
BARTGTFC
ABDUL19
MIGHTY MARINER
CMACKENZIE4
HAGRID
BRAZILNUT
VINNO69
IVANOSANDWICH
CIVVY AT LAST
SONIK
POSH HARRY
MONKEY BOY
TRAD JAZZ
PENRITH MARINER
LUKEO
PONNYFAN
WIZBIT
MIKE502

The only 2 I have not heard back who entered last time are Webbit and GTFC71, although they are still welcome to predict if they want to

Added to that, new entrants will be...

TWO LEFT FEET
IPSWIN
NORTHBANK MARINER
CLOUDY
MIKOO
TAGG
SOMERSET MARINER
DICKO995
GRIMSBY2012
ASHBY MARINER
CODHEAD
WILLESDEN MARINER

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 2, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 22
A quick resume of the rules.

Each week I will give you 6 games to predict the correct score. Usually it will be one game from each of The Premier League, Championship, League One and The National League and 2 games from League 2.

If you predict the correct score spot on then you score 3 points, if you predict the correct result, i.e. home win, away win or draw but not the correct score, you score 1 point.

You can "Nap" one game each week, which is the result you are most confident of, and any points scored on that game will be doubled.

You will also need to add up the total number of goals that you have predicted in the 6 games and include a note of that with your predictions. If you get this total spot on then you score 2 bonus points and you score 1 bonus point for being 1 out either way.

You need to post your predictions on the sticky thread that I will make on Saturday and YOU MUST PM ME YOUR PREDICTIONS TOO. I'm sure nobody would do, but this prevents any editing of predictions after games have been played.

I understand that people may be on holiday at times and may miss an odd week, which is fine, but if you fail to predict for 3 consecutive weeks, then you will be removed from the league.

The league stage will run for 12 weeks and at the end of those 12 weeks, the Top 16 in the league will enter the knockout stage, which will be played on a 1-to-1 head-to-head basis through to the final, to find the ultimate winner of the game.

Look out for the sticky thread that I will be making on Saturday evening, along with the first set of games to predict.

Any more questions just ask.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, August 2, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 23
Good news thanks
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 2, 2018, 9:57pm; Reply: 24
Once again Les, thanks for sorting this out.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 9:15pm