Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), July 12, 2018, 5:34pm
Any word on the quest for a striker? Are we making any headway? Any rumours? Do we think one will come in at all?...
Posted by: SteffiMariner, July 12, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 1
I think Friskneymariner knows
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 12, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 2
Chris Long still on the radar according to someone on Twitter this morning.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 12, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 3
Certainly one will arrive but as for his quality only time will tell. No mention of Vernam returning which may still happen once Lampard has had chance to assess him(assuming he is now fully fit).
Posted by: psgmariner, July 12, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 4
Really hope we get a proper exciting signing in. Our ins and outs so far are a bit worrrying if I am honest.
Posted by: Croxton, July 12, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 5
Vernam does the simple things well.. Good touch, vision and calm under pressure. Great to see him nursed back to fitness with some minutes second half against Donny then a ressie game to assess fitness. Then talk to Derby. No rush and certainly not against Trinity cloggers!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 12, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 6
Surprised we haven't taken the chance on a non-league striker with 20+ goals in him, saying that only Crawley, Lincoln, Macclesfield, Morecambe and Stevenage have gone down that route, a few others have got wingers with a decent record from the non-league as well.  Also no European players have been brought in yet, Jolley did say he was looking across the whole spectrum.

Peterborough United always taking in non-league players or promising players from League Two like Matt Godden.  Seems like their owner focuses on this regardless who the manager is and makes a good profit in the long run.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 12, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Surprised we haven't taken the chance on a non-league striker with 20+ goals in him, saying that only Crawley, Lincoln, Macclesfield, Morecambe, Stevenage have gone down that route, a few others got decent record wingers from the non-league as well.  Also no European players have been brought in yet, Jolley did say he was looking across the whole spectrum.

Peterborough United always taking in non-league players or promising players from League Two like Matt Godden.  Seems like their owner focuses on this regardless who the manager is and makes a good profit in the long run.

Robles ??
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, July 12, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
Robles ??
Well yeah he is from a foreign club and of Spanish decent, although he's British in nationality.  I was thinking more along the lines of foreign born players playing in Sweden etc.
Posted by: Kris2, July 13, 2018, 12:43am; Reply: 9
Wasn't you the one claiming we'd already signed a striker a week ago and he was in cleethorpes telling you he's signed?  ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 13, 2018, 9:43am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Kris2
Wasn't you the one claiming we'd already signed a striker a week ago and he was in cleethorpes telling you he's signed?  ;D

Alex  ?
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), July 13, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Kris2

Was only reporting what a fairly dodgy bloke told me. A tenuous hope I get
Suppose...
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:22am