Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 4:11pm
Charging £5.00 to watch the match tonight.
Gone down hill (food and beer prices) since it changed.
But has just made sure I never set foot in there under this management.
I hope it’s empty you greedy cnuts.

Studio is free by the way.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 1

I'm not charging myself anything for letting me watch it on my telly at home and it's going to cost me roughly 90 pence a pint with no queue at my fridge   ;)
Posted by: Maringer, July 11, 2018, 4:40pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm not charging myself anything for letting me watch it on my telly at home and it's going to cost me roughly 90 pence a pint with no queue at my fridge   ;)

Are you going to jump up and down, deliberatedly chucking your beer around the room if we score a goal? It won't be an 'authentic' experience if you don't!
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer

Are you going to jump up and down, deliberatedly chucking your beer around the room if we score a goal? It won't be an 'authentic' experience if you don't!

Of course......why not at 90 pence a pint   :)

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 11, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 4
TBH It's not the best way to watch a big game, too noisy plus you always get a few nob heads high on fizzy larger that want to be the centre of attention.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 11, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last
Charging £5.00 to watch the match tonight.
Gone down hill (food and beer prices) since it changed.
But has just made sure I never set foot in there under this management.
I hope it’s empty you greedy cnuts.

Studio is free by the way.

I must have read it wrong.

Thought it was £5 for a wristband  but you got a free drink? Appreciate that's expensive but helps control the numbers I guess.

Not my bag anyway but each to their  own
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy

Thought it was £5 for a wristband  but you got a free drink? Appreciate that's expensive but helps control the numbers I guess.

I physically went in and asked that question. The answer was NO.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 11, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
TBH It's not the best way to watch a big game, too noisy plus you always get a few nob heads high on fizzy larger that want to be the centre of attention.

Are we still talking about his living room?

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 11, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Are we still talking about his living room?

That did make me laugh   ;D
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 11, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 9
I’ll gladly watch Premier League or Champions League games in the pub as I can watch them as a neutral, but competitive England or Town games are too important to watch in a pub for me. If I can watch games at home that mean something, I’ll always choose that option. Plus, if it goes pear shaped and someone in the pub finds it funny that you’ve lost, I find it’s guaranteed trouble. At home, I can just kick the cat (tortoise, in reality!).
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Heisenberg
I’ll gladly watch Premier League or Champions League games in the pub as I can watch them as a neutral, but competitive England or Town games are too important to watch in a pub for me. If I can watch games at home that mean something, I’ll always choose that option. Plus, if it goes pear shaped and someone in the pub finds it funny that you’ve lost, I find it’s guaranteed trouble. At home, I can just kick the cat (tortoise, in reality!).

I used to kick the tortoise.

Now I can’t catch the bloody thing.  😞 😞
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 11, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 11

I used to kick the tortoise.

Now I can’t catch the bloody thing.  😞 😞

Yet you can STILL skin Matt Heywood!!
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yet you can STILL skin Matt Heywood!!

Fcuk me. I can call ‘megs’ and go round again with that girl private.
When I can’t skin him it’s speed dial to dignitas !!  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, July 11, 2018, 6:28pm; Reply: 13
well i suppose they are trying to deter the d1ckheads who have smashed tellys, thrown beer all over place and let off smoke bombs in there in the previous games so far....
of course its the pub thats in the wrong ...not the @rseholes who cant behave like decent human beings and watch a public event without trying to smash something up...
Posted by: psgmariner, July 11, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 14
Really decent lot running the market tavern now. Imagine this is so they can control numbers and ensure it’s not a night ruined by too many people in or drunk up nobs.
Posted by: Mallyner, July 11, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Cloudy

The idea of charging a fiver including a free pint is to keep the riff raff out. :)
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 11, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mallyner

The idea of charging a fiver including a free pint is to keep the riff raff out. :)

Sat in my armchair at home, suppose it worked!!!!
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from psgmariner
Really decent lot running the market tavern now. Imagine this is so they can control numbers and ensure it’s not a night ruined by too many people in or drunk up nobs.

So, to control numbers and nob heads you charge £5.00  to anyone who wants to pay it.    With nothing in return.   ?!!

How about £5.00 armbands with the first drink paid for (profit approx £1.50 per arm band.). First 300 ( if that’s their comfort zone) then no more to be sold.  That’s controlling numbers.

As someone who clearly knows them please explain their rationale behind this if not greed.

And a genuine (not loaded) question. Is it the same management as Shuberts/Fiddler?  
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from moosey_club
well i suppose they are trying to deter the d1ckheads who have smashed tellys, thrown beer all over place and let off smoke bombs in there in the previous games so far....
of course its the pub thats in the wrong ...not the @rseholes who cant behave like decent human beings and watch a public event without trying to smash something up...

Haven’t been there for any previous games. So please let me know how many tellys ‘SMASHED’. Look forward to them enticing the higher echelons of the Cleethorpes public in the future. What with it being such a classy establishment 😂😂😂😂😂

Edit:  I was in Studio tonight and got soaked when England scored.

I guess mass bans are on their way.
Posted by: Alfie, July 11, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 19
You need to get out more. Standard practise in most places outside GY for games like this. Keeps numbers manageable
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 11, 2018, 10:39pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Alfie
You need to get out more. Standard practise in most places outside GY for games like this. Keeps numbers manageable

I’ve been round the world and back mate.  Show me any proof that outside GY have charged for tonight.

I call BULLSHIT
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 12, 2018, 7:17am; Reply: 21

I’ve been round the world and back mate.  Show me any proof that outside GY have charged for tonight.

I call BULLSHIT

The Market Tavern in CLEETHORPES charged tonight I've heard.  :)
Posted by: Mallyner, July 12, 2018, 7:55am; Reply: 22

So, to control numbers and nob heads you charge £5.00  to anyone who wants to pay it.    With nothing in return.   ?!!

How about £5.00 armbands with the first drink paid for (profit approx £1.50 per arm band.). First 300 ( if that’s their comfort zone) then no more to be sold.  That’s controlling numbers.

As someone who clearly knows them please explain their rationale behind this if not greed.

And a genuine (not loaded) question. Is it the same management as Shuberts/Fiddler?  

I dont know about the owners but Paul Money ran the pub for about 9 years, but packed in about 3 years ago and now delivers parcels for Hermes.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 12, 2018, 10:25am; Reply: 23
Where is the Market Tavern? Never heard of it.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 12, 2018, 10:37am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings
Where is the Market Tavern? Never heard of it.

You'll probably know it better as Schuberts, in The Market Place Ginny.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 12, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 25
The No 1. pub didn't charge an admission fee, they tried to limit entry to regulars or people who have watched the other England games there and it's generally a good value pub for both food and drink.

They were rewarded with this by people sneaking cans in and drinking them rather than supporting the venue and buying at the bar.

Can you really blame any venue for charging entry when this is what they're faced with?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, July 12, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 26
No 1 is a great pub.
Great athmosphere
Posted by: Youngy, July 12, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 27

At the Panama game, somebody smashed up the fruit machine and somebody else pulled down the projector screen.

During the Columbia game somebody let off a smoke bomb during the game which meant the place had to be evacuated and couldn't serve again for the whole game (another hour of play plus penalties plus celebration time) as well as having to pay a call out charge to the fire brigade.

They decided to charge and limit capacity and by all accounts, it worked for them. Don't blame them one bit. It's the price of idiocy unfortunately. If people could behave themselves maybe they wouldn't feel the need to do this.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 12, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Les Brechin

You'll probably know it better as Schuberts, in The Market Place Ginny.

Ah, right. Don't drink much in Meggies nowadays, and if i do, it's up the other end, Willy's, Notts etc. Only venture to the mad end along the seafront to the numbers 1 and 2.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 12, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 29
I have no sympathy with pub landlords about potential damage etc to their property, they make bloody good money and it is the amount of alcohol they willingly sell that fuels the idiotic young p!ss heads. Clearly the idiots have enough money to pour drink down their throats all evening so an extra fiver is hardly a problem.

£20 to get in and no passouts at half time and double the price of ale.  

I feel sorry for the poor sods caught up in it when the drunken mob go outside and, under the guise of celebration, jump on the roofs of innocent folks cars and bus shelters etc
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 12, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 30
Quoted from ginnywings

Ah, right. Don't drink much in Meggies nowadays, and if i do, it's up the other end, Willy's, Notts etc. Only venture to the mad end along the seafront to the numbers 1 and 2.

It does mention both it's former names (Schuberts and The Fiddler) in the title of the thread though.  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, July 12, 2018, 11:07am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Les Brechin

It does mention both it's former names (Schuberts and The Fiddler) in the title of the thread though.  ;D

That it does Les. Should pay more attention.  ::)
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 12, 2018, 2:52pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Les Brechin

The Market Tavern in CLEETHORPES charged tonight I've heard.  :)

Cheers Les  :P

I meant to say most places, as that was what was stated. !!

However, having calmed down now (but my initial post was written pre-match, so not fuelled by alcohol or match result disappointment), I think I was a bit harsh on them.
After all, it was being shown at plenty of other places and on TV.  So it's not as if people were forced to go.  I was just a bit p1ssed off as son of is now 18 and wanted to watch it in there for the atmosphere and I'd said we would.  I stick by the food and beer remark though, although that's just my opinion.  I look forward to having another whinge in 5 years time when they start charging to get in to watch Town as the live Premiere match  ;)  UTM
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 2:01pm