Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 11, 2018, 9:00am
As a lot of transfer's have happened, who do you see as the following?

Promoted 4:

Town Finishing position:

Relegated 2:

Surprise team (In a good or bad way):

I currently reckon:
Promoted:
Notts County
MK
Lincoln

Grimsby - Via Play offs

Relegated 2
Morecambe
Yeovil

Surprise Team
Swindon - People expecting them to do well, but still think we got lucky missing out on Brown
Posted by: GtfcGarner, July 11, 2018, 9:30am; Reply: 1
Promoted:
Lincoln - 1st - Recruited very well and got rid of fringe players for their team.

Notts County - 2nd - excrement or bust for them spent a ridiculous amount on transfer fees/ wages but feel they have a good squad

Exeter - 3rd - Always a strong team and with Tisdale gone they may just break the hoodoo 3rd time round.

Play Offs
Mansfield - Just same with Notts County, paying stupid wages to attract players I know it doesn't always work but think they will be near the neck of the table.

Relegated
Macclesfield - With Aspin gone, he was involved with every day affairs at the club doing almost everything I know Macc havn't got a huge budget and may struggle this year.

Yeovil - Look to be floating above relegation every year and with them losing their best player Otis Khan to Mansfield can't see them replacing him all that well.

Suprise Team

Tranmere Rovers - Feel like they are a league team and they belong here. They get a good average at Prenton Park and think they will be mid-table with a view to possibly pushing at the playoffs.

Morecambe - I thought I'd be greedy and pick two, I really really like Morecambe's manager Jim Bentley and wouldn't mind him here in the future should Jolley ever venture elsewhere. Worked on a shoestring budget for a while now and keeps Morecambe's heads above water. I think he's recruited fairly well this year, we all know Zak Mills is a solid L2 player, probably mid table to lower end as he can defend spectacularly but his advantage isn't going forward.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, July 11, 2018, 11:09am; Reply: 2
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Promoted:
Lincoln - 1st - Recruited very well and got rid of fringe players for their team.

Notts County - 2nd - excrement or bust for them spent a ridiculous amount on transfer fees/ wages but feel they have a good squad

Exeter - 3rd - Always a strong team and with Tisdale gone they may just break the hoodoo 3rd time round.

Play Offs
Mansfield - Just same with Notts County, paying stupid wages to attract players I know it doesn't always work but think they will be near the neck of the table.

Relegated

Macclesfield - With Aspin gone, he was involved with every day affairs at the club doing almost everything I know Macc havn't got a huge budget and may struggle this year.

Yeovil - Look to be floating above relegation every year and with them losing their best player Otis Khan to Mansfield can't see them replacing him all that well.

Suprise Team

Tranmere Rovers - Feel like they are a league team and they belong here. They get a good average at Prenton Park and think they will be mid-table with a view to possibly pushing at the playoffs.

Morecambe - I thought I'd be greedy and pick two, I really really like Morecambe's manager Jim Bentley and wouldn't mind him here in the future should Jolley ever venture elsewhere. Worked on a shoestring budget for a while now and keeps Morecambe's heads above water. I think he's recruited fairly well this year, we all know Zak Mills is a solid L2 player, probably mid table to lower end as he can defend spectacularly but his advantage isn't going forward.

Isn't Aspin at Port Vale?
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 11, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 3

Hello playmates  ;D
Posted by: pizzzza, July 11, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 4

He clearly meant Askey.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 11, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 5
[quote=1133]As a lot of transfer's have happened, who do you see as the following?

Promoted[
Notts County
Grimsby
Lincoln

Mansfield- Via Play offs

Relegated 2
Morecambe
Macclesfield

Surprise   Grimsby  8)

Posted by: Bigdog, July 11, 2018, 11:58am; Reply: 6
MK Dons
Northampton
Port Vale

Notts County

Bury
Macclesfield

Town - Missing a few bits of the jigsaw yet to hope for a play off push. Hopefully we'll  sign who we need in key areas over the next week or two

Surprise team - FGR
Posted by: Cloudy, July 11, 2018, 12:13pm; Reply: 7
I think the surprise ( to some) will be that Exeter will struggle. Lost a few players and the change of manager will have an impact. Bottom 3rd for them IMO.

Notts County should walk it with their investment closely folowed by Lincoln and Mansfield and if they dont, heads will roll.
Play off contenders Colchester

Macclesfield and Morecombe to be relegated.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, July 11, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 8
Promoted 4:
Northampton, Exeter, Notts, Colchester

Town Finishing position: 10th

Relegated 2:
Bury and Cheltenham

Surprise team (In a good or bad way):
Morecambe who just miss out on the play offs
Posted by: Mariner66, July 11, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 9
Promoted - Notts County, Grimsby and Milton Keynes

Play-offs - Mansfield

Relegated - Macclesfield, Morecambe

Surprise Team -  Us (Really think we have got something special going on at BP) and also think both Exeter and Lincoln will struggle. Exeter as Cloudy says and although Lincoln have signed Akinde, they can only play one way with Exeter sussing them out in the play-offs last year and hoping that more teams can this season..............starting on Aug 18
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 11, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 10
Lincoln will have the title sewn up by Christmas.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 11, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 11
It's way too early to say. Clearly Notts & Mansfield are accumulating good squads but too many clubs, including us, have unfinished business.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 11, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 12
The way these things are done is:
1. Pick the 'biggest' club from those  relegated from the division above last season - BF Scum
2. Pick who was narrowly relegated (if not he same as 1.) - Oldham
3. Pick big spending clubs in division - Lincoln, Notts County and Mansfield
Perm 4 from those for promotion. To help you make the decision pick the ones most likely to be on the mainstream media's radar. So......
Automatic promotion: BF Scum, Lincoln, Notts
Play offs: Oldham

4. Tip the 'smallest' of the sides promoted from division below for relegation - Macclesfield
5. Tip a team who narrowly avoided relegation last season - Morecambe

6. For 'surprise package' pick club who lost out in play offs to struggle - Exeter

7. Town: notoriously unpredictable. If we've not been written off for promotion by the media we'll finish disappointingly low. But we're even unpredictable in our unpredictability.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 11, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 13
I have no idea. Anyone pick Accrington to win the league last season?
Posted by: Meza, July 11, 2018, 6:43pm; Reply: 14
MK Dons
Northampton
Notts County
----------------------
Lincoln

Morecambe
Macclesfield

Surprise team - Tranmere
Town - Missing a few bits of the jigsaw yet to hope for a play off push. Hopefully we'll  sign who we need in key areas over the next week or two

Surprise team - FGR[/quote]

Posted by: chaos33, July 11, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings
I have no idea. Anyone pick Accrington to win the league last season?

I picked Accrington to be promoted. And Rotherham. And St Mirren.And Wolves.
Unfortunately I also bet that Chelsea would finish top 4 so the acca was killed.

As for predicting the forthcoming season....still to early. I fancy Town to do ok though. Play off contenders.
Posted by: Garth, July 12, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 16
Town look less likely to be promoted this year imo with a mixed bag of mediocre players, no one player stands out as a threat up front Hooper, Cardwell, Robles, Cook and Rose as against Bogle, Amond,  Connell, Hearn or Hannah.
Failure to bring in a recognised  goal scoring player from any league will tell and leave us floundering.

All about opinions, and that`s mine
Posted by: SteffiMariner, July 12, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Garth

Failure to bring in a recognised  goal scoring player from any league will tell and leave us floundering.

Shrewsbury didn't really have a goal scoring player last season and flirted with promotion (and if 3 teams went up automatically like our division, they would have). It's not all about having a central goalscorer like Wycombe and Accrington did as long as you get everyone else chipping in with goals.

Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:29pm