Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, July 6, 2018, 10:38am
After police advice

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/rotherham-united-friendly-cancelled/
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 6, 2018, 10:44am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Are our fan`s really that bad :-/
Posted by: Dogger Bank, July 6, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 2
They'll be cancelling away league fixtures next because they don't want Grimsby fans in their town or city  :-/

Absolute joke.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, July 6, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 3
Quoted from 1mickylyons

It looks like the police view is yes, Football intelligence as they call it is a joke not helped by local papers re running the same stories over and over again exaggerating the issue.  
Posted by: Chrisblor, July 6, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 4
It's absolutely pathetic from South Yorkshire Police this. Complete joke of a police force (and I live in Sheffield so I've got plenty of experience of their utter incompetence)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 6, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 5

It looks like the police view is yes, Football intelligence as they call it is a joke not helped by local papers re running the same stories over and over again exaggerating the issue.  

I think about 500 would have travelled with about 30-40 so called risk God help them if they can`t Police that.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 6, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 6

Aided and abetted by our scaremongering officer who doubles as stadium manager
Posted by: codcheeky, July 6, 2018, 11:10am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cloudy

Aided and abetted by our scaremongering officer who doubles as stadium manager

If he can't manage the risk of a friendly he is not for for purpose
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 6, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 8
Absolutely pathetic
Posted by: hheh2, July 6, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 9
The Rotherham police forces seem to be getting their priorities straight, cancelling a pre season friendly but doing intercourse all about the rape attacks on our children
Posted by: Mallyner, July 6, 2018, 11:22am; Reply: 10
It's sad as Rotherham were going to be a better quality side to test ourselves against, than most of the friendlies. How sad is it that grown men can't behave themselves at a friendly match and perhaps we should be demonizing the 30-40 'at risk.' Idiots who mascarade as football supporters. :-/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 6, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 11
South Yorkshire police have a long history of anti-working class actions/inactions. This pales into insignificance compared to their previous form. For example their response to those girls and their families to the grooming and rapes, seemed based on the police’s attitude that they were lower class scum.going back in time we had the Hillsborough disaster and before that their policing of the miners’ disputes.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 6, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 12
What a crock of a mans hairy parts!!...god forbid we draw them in a cup game!!!....just saying, would they expect us to play at a "neutral" stadium??...suppose then they could wash their hands with it, that stadium would have to be outside the south yorkshire forces boundary!!..bunch of frigging fairies.....coppers today just aren't what that used to be and another example of the nanny state we live in!!
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, July 6, 2018, 11:45am; Reply: 13
This is pathetic.

That's now 2 pre season fixtures in the country of Yorkshire that have been cancelled. Ironically this fixture was a replacement for the York game.

Pre season games FFS. A few hundred Grimsby fans out of which there would be possibly a handful of idiots. But as it is only a friendly doubt they would even show up. In all my years of following Town I cannot remember seeing any trouble at a Town pre-season game. And I hope I never do.

Seems a total over reaction by the police.

Like has been said what will they do if we play over that way in a game that actually matters. What a great country this is.....

Posted by: diehardmariner, July 6, 2018, 11:49am; Reply: 14
Was looking forward to this and a new stadium.

I'm guessing the line they're putting out is that there's a concern of a venture into Sheffield for a retribution for the clashes in Cleethorpes in 2016.  Would this be the first time we would have played in the Sheffield area since?  Can only think of Chesterfield last August as something remotely close.

Either way, very disappointing and a bit shambolic really.  This, which followed the York cancellation, leaves a hole in our pre-season schedule and no doubt Jolley's plans.  Hopefully he can line up some other opposition of a similar standing to test ourselves against.
Posted by: oldun, July 6, 2018, 11:55am; Reply: 15
Yes but last year's friendly against Sheffield turned into mayhem in the vicinity of the ground and in Cleethorpes. These incidents do have a bearing upon policing and other clubs. It is a pity the majority suffer for the minority but that is the way it is.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 6, 2018, 11:55am; Reply: 16
Did I read somewhere sheff Wednesday are taking 3500 for a friendly at Lincoln? How the fook will Lincs police deal with them ? Perhaps they can send some tips to SYorks plod ?!
Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 12:22pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner
.going back in time we had the Hillsborough disaster and before that their policing of the miners’ disputes.

For felicitations sake are you still wobbling on about Hillsborough.

Much of the over the top policing in the miners strike was done by police from other forces drafted in and earning a fortune in overtime (a mate of mine got a house deposit together courtesy of Scargill) who were bored living away from home for long periods and just fancied getting stuck in

Anything else you want to blame the police for?

It was an unimportant football friendly FFS

Boring old fart

Posted by: totalidiot, July 6, 2018, 12:34pm; Reply: 18
Ridiculous overreaction,stupid and pathetic police force
Posted by: Kris2, July 6, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from 1mickylyons

A lot of the fans on here seem to think they are badasses and talk how they miss the old days when they met the Millwall at the train station.
Posted by: Tommy, July 6, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from BottesfordMariner
This is pathetic.

That's now 2 pre season fixtures in the country of Yorkshire that have been cancelled. Ironically this fixture was a replacement for the York game.

Pre season games FFS. A few hundred Grimsby fans out of which there would be possibly a handful of idiots. But as it is only a friendly doubt they would even show up. In all my years of following Town I cannot remember seeing any trouble at a Town pre-season game. And I hope I never do.

Seems a total over reaction by the police.

Like has been said what will they do if we play over that way in a game that actually matters. What a great country this is.....

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/grimsby-town-sheffield-united-sentences-1533202
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 21
(2guns)

Tommy the shooter
Posted by: GrimRob, July 6, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 22
We should all go to Rotherham anyway!
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, July 6, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 23
Fair point Tommy.

I didnt go to the Sheff U game so forgot about that to an extent but I was referring more to watching Town away in pre season.

That Sheff U game was a bit of an isolated incident in that sense and from what I understand would not be right to level the bulk of blame at Grimsby's door.
Posted by: Croxton, July 6, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 24
Very disappointing for us S yorks  Mariners. Would Mansfield , Chesterfield, Donny or  Scunny have been cancelled? Could the Telegraph or RH do some proper journalism around that? Where would they allow us to play?
Makes my visit to Cleethorpes Town more worthwhile though.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 6, 2018, 1:56pm; Reply: 25
[quote=54]

[/b]For felicitations sake are you still wobbling on about Hillsborough. [b]

Much of the over the top policing in the miners strike was done by police from other forces drafted in and earning a fortune in overtime (a mate of mine got a house deposit together courtesy of Scargill) who were bored living away from home for long periods and just fancied getting stuck in

Boring old fart

Yes we should keep harping about Hillsborough, until those in charge and involved in the cover-up are brought justice.
Coward hiding behind an order since 2000 preventing from being tried.
How would you feel if you had to fight for justice for over 25 years.
I have nothing but admiration for families who have had to fight for justice for their loved ones, God knows how they have managed to do so.
The football family should never forgot the 96 who lost their lives on that day, it could have been of of us olduns.

The match commander on the day of the Hillsborough disaster David Duckenfield will face trial for the manslaughter by gross negligence of 95 football supporters, a judge has ruled.

The decision to prosecute the former chief superintendent was made by Sir Peter Openshaw at Preston Crown Court who lifted a stay on his prosecution.

An order preventing Mr Duckenfield being tried was imposed 18 years ago.

Four other men will also face trial on charges related to Hillsborough.

Mr Duckenfield, 73, was match commander at the 1989 FA Cup semi-final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest when 96 Liverpool fans were fatally injured in a crush in the terrace pens.

Under the law at the time, there can be no prosecution for the death of the 96th victim, Tony Bland, because he died more than a year and a day after his injuries were caused.

Former Sheffield Wednesday club secretary Graham Mackrell is charged with health and safety, and safety at sports grounds offences.

The trial of Mr Duckenfield and Mr Mackrell is currently listed to start on 10 September.

Former solicitor Peter Metcalf and former police officers Donald Denton and Alan Foster are scheduled to go on trial in January 2019 charged with perverting the course of justice.

A hearing to determine whether former Chief Constable Sir Norman Bettison will be tried has been adjourned until August.

The Crown Prosecution Service applied to lift a historical stay - halting further legal proceedings - on Mr Duckenfield which was put in place in 2000.

In his ruling on Friday, the judge said: "In respect of the defendant David Duckenfield I lift the stay."
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 6, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Ipswin

Boring old fart

'Still wobbling on about Hillsborough'? You may not think it important that police incompetence led to the deaths of 96 people and many more injured. You may not think that police cover ups and lies led to the whole thing being dragged out for 27 years longer than it need have. You may not think it matters that the lies peddled by the police contributed to the continued besmirching of innocent people. But for lots of people it still matters.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 27

'Still wobbling on about Hillsborough'? You may not think it important that police incompetence led to the deaths of 96 people and many more injured. You may not think that police cover ups and lies led to the whole thing being dragged out for 27 years longer than it need have. You may not think it matters that the lies peddled by the police contributed to the continued besmirching of innocent people. But for lots of people it still matters.

My point is, and I suspect you understand it very well, that Hillsborough and the miners strike has absolutely intercourse all to do with the cancellation of a pre-season friendly between Rotherham United and Grimsby Town. You quote both these historic events in an effort to knock the S Yorks police because they have been unable in their professional view to safely police the match. At least Rotherham United have seen fit to request a certain level of policing unlike the idiots at GrimsbyTown at the Port Vale game

Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 6, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

My point is, and I suspect you understand it very well, that Hillsborough and the miners strike has absolutely intercourse all to do with the cancellation of a pre-season friendly between Rotherham United and Grimsby Town. You quote both these historic events in an effort to knock the S Yorks police because they have been unable in their professional view to safely police the match. At least Rotherham United have seen fit to request a certain level of policing unlike the idiots at GrimsbyTown at the Port Vale game

It's a pre-season friendly. Are they truly expecting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to descend?
Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Yes we should keep harping about Hillsborough, until those in charge and involved in the cover-up are brought justice.

The trial of Mr Duckenfield and Mr Mackrell is currently listed to start on 10 September.

It appears you have your wish then, although it will sadly not alter events in any way

However what exactly it or the miners dispute has to do with the cancellation of Town's game at Rotherham I still can't work out

The original poster was wrong IMO to bring up the Hillsborough incident to back up his argument about the inefficiency of S Yorks police to cover a pre-season friendly football match, the circumstances are totally different and the quoting of Hillsborough was totally unnecessary

Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 30

It's a pre-season friendly. Are they truly expecting the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse to descend?

So was the game against Sheffield United. Is the town fan who was critically injured on the mend yet? I hope so

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 6, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mallyner
It's sad as Rotherham were going to be a better quality side to test ourselves against, than most of the friendlies. How sad is it that grown men can't behave themselves at a friendly match and perhaps we should be demonizing the 30-40 'at risk.' Idiots who mascarade as football supporters. :-/

I'd hazard a guess that there will be more than 30-40 'idiots' ( football supporters or not ) who will be out unsupervised next Friday evening round and about Rotherham town centre

Wonder if SYP will make the  centre a "no-go zone" and restrict access there.... probably not because there's no football connection

This just smacks to me as if it's easier for them to just cancel the fixture, no matter who might have wanted to attend, rather than have to do the jobs they are paid to do, police their community

It'll be interesting if we get an evening cup game away there.... maybe they'll cancel that too 'on police advice' and we will have to draw lots to see who goes through to the next round
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 6, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Ipswin

So was the game against Sheffield United. Is the town fan who was critically injured on the mend yet? I hope so

His mother is a friend of my aunt....

As I understand it, he's made a slow recovery of sorts but he's definitely not the same bloke he was before he was attacked
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 6, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Ipswin

It appears you have your wish then, although it will sadly not alter events in any way

However what exactly it or the miners dispute has to do with the cancellation of Town's game at Rotherham I still can't work out

The original poster was wrong IMO to bring up the Hillsborough incident to back up his argument about the inefficiency of S Yorks police to cover a pre-season friendly football match, the circumstances are totally different and the quoting of Hillsborough was totally unnecessary

For the hard of thinking, South Yorks police were in operational command of the police on duty during the miners dispute. You telling me they had no control over the thugs from other forces?

As for me being wrong to cite the Hillsborough disaster as evidence of South Yorks police's attitude, the point is it exactly illustrates their outlook. Nothing has changed in that police force to change the culture because they've only fairly recently been proved to be in the wrong (a delay caused by their lies and the connivance of the rest of the establishment). Instead of explaining how that was wrong, your immediate response was 'you're not still wobbling on about that'. To me that shows you're not in the least concerned with whether my argument was valid. You seem more worried that people are criticising the SYP.
Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 34

You seem more worried that people are criticising the SYP.

I am quite frankly. They've caused the cancellation of a friendly football match, is it really that terrible?

Is it to be compared with the horrendous incident you saw fit to refer to or even giving a few strikers a thick ear?

Hardly

Posted by: Civvy at last, July 6, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Kris2

A lot of the fans on here seem to think they are badasses and talk how they miss the old days when they met the Millwall at the train station.

Really ?  Please point out any threads to back up that statement.

I suppose the phrase ‘a lot’ would depend on who you support.

For example ‘ A lot ‘ to a Scunny fan would be far less than  ‘ a lot ‘ to a Town fan !!    Just saying 😉
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 6, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 36
So if Rotherham get a home tie in the FA Cup against Leeds and the BBC want to show on a Friday evening will the police cancel the game.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 6, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Ipswin

I am quite frankly. They've caused the cancellation of a friendly football match, is it really that terrible?

Is it to be compared with the horrendous incident you saw fit to refer to or even giving a few strikers a thick ear?

Hardly

Jesus Swin, lighten up a bit, your blood pressure must be off the richta scale!!....we are disappointed at the decision because it gave us fans, not the idiots who seem intent on bringing the game into disrepute, a chance to see and get to know our new team, our new approach and much needed time for the players to understand each other before the season gets underway....just because a certain bunch of knobs kicked off last year why should happen this time??....christ we pay the police enough to do their job and now you seem quite happy that they have shied away from their responsibilities....if I were to hide from my responsibilities I wouldn't look to pass the book and lay it at someone elses door, I'd just crack on and do what's expected of me.....
Posted by: Ipswin, July 6, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

you seem quite happy that they have shied away from their responsibilities

But they HAVEN'T shied away from anything, that's the whole point. They are, for whatever reason,( leave, sickness, other responsibilities on that day more important than GTFC) unable to provide the cover that they believe, rightly or wrongly, is required.

Shame our local bobbies didn't perceive the risk associated with Sheff U and Port Vale

Oh and BTW just 'Swin' will do, I don't use 'Jesus' on here ;)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, July 6, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Ipswin

But they HAVEN'T shied away from anything, that's the whole point. They are, for whatever reason,( leave, sickness, other responsibilities on that day more important than GTFC) unable to provide the cover that they believe, rightly or wrongly, is required.

Shame our local bobbies didn't perceive the risk associated with Sheff U and Port Vale

Oh and BTW just 'Swin' will do, I don't use 'Jesus' on here ;)

Oh, c'mon Swin, even you're not that naive, they didn't want the hassle and took the easy option to give some excuse why it shouldn't go ahead, maybe it is systematic of the current situation of the policing problems country wide, but a county as large as South Yorkshire?...I don't believe they could not have manned it, due to a bunch of prats kicking off with our Yorkshire neighbours last year, not only do we as suffer, the team and the club do too
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 6, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

Boring old fart

The very definition of pot - kettle - black!! 😂
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 6, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Ipswin

Boring old fart

The very definition of pot - kettle - black!! 😂
Posted by: Garth, July 6, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 42
It was just a friendly so not important in the general run of things, invite them to play the match here
Posted by: Croxton, July 6, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 43
Or.....Play it behind closed doors, film it. Highlights a.s.o.p. Both clubs get what they need.
Posted by: Croxton, July 8, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 44
BBC NEWS just said that all Police Forces have to send officers to cope with security demands of Trump's visit. Maybe a Friday evening was also too much for a town centre venue?
Posted by: Garth, July 8, 2018, 10:14am; Reply: 45
Quoted from Croxton
BBC NEWS just said that all Police Forces have to send officers to cope with security demands of Trump's visit. Maybe a Friday evening was also too much for a town centre venue?

Trump is blamed for most things including the weather, but Towns cancellation is stretching things a bit
Posted by: Mallyner, July 8, 2018, 12:36pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Croxton

Fake news. Fake news.  :)
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 8, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Croxton

I can understand this, probably a bit like a coronation in London and other forces having to send officers there but, whilst South Yorks or even Humberside officers are looking after trump is the general policing in my area compromised at all. If the Chief Constable says no, then he's got too many officers anyhow, if he says yes does it become a free for all for the local law breakers to have a field day. Perhaps someone like Burnsey (radio Humberside) could ask the question. Unless of course we are all go to get a reduction in the the police section of our rates.
Posted by: barralad, July 8, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 48
How long is Trump coming here for? He arrives on 13 July. Friendly v Rotherham was scheduled for 20th?
Posted by: Croxton, July 8, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 49
As usual Barra' you speak an inconvenient truth. Yes, The Guardian says he is here in Britain from Thursday to Sunday so that excuse does not apply. As you were.
Would it be fake news to suggest that the clubs could not agree sharing police costs? I'll let it lie now.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 8, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Croxton

Well Sheffield Wednesday playing in Lincoln next Friday night having sold out their allocation of 2000ish tickets plus others are said to be travelling, so ok for South Yorks to send fans out but not let them in.

Seems hard to believe that Grimsby fans are beyond control?

They clearly cope when they play their local derbies and in reality we will not be taking anything like the following the respective Sheffield teams will take for league games.
Posted by: Vance Warner, July 8, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Garth

Trump is blamed for most things including the weather, but Towns cancellation is stretching things a bit

It was Hitler's fault our best ever team broke up so there is some precedent!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 9, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

They're not.....just that SY police have chosen not to "control" them  :-/

Posted by: Gaffer58, July 9, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 53
Just seen Peter Levy saying that on tonight's Look North that due to some disruption after England's latest World Cup win Humberside police will be clamping down, South Yorks police have already written to FIFA asking for all remaining games to be cancelled as they cannot guarantee to keep the peace.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, July 10, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

They're not.....just that SY police have chosen not to "control" them  :-/

Just out of curiosity, would you care to expand on that whoever it was that disagrees with my comment above?

Do you mean that Grimsby fans are beyond control?

Or do you think that SY police have not made the choice not to control them?

Just giving an x is hardly worth it, surely?
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, July 12, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Well Sheffield Wednesday playing in Lincoln next Friday night having sold out their allocation of 2000ish tickets plus others are said to be travelling, so ok for South Yorks to send fans out but not let them in.

They clearly cope when they play their local derbies and in reality we will not be taking anything like the following the respective Sheffield teams will take for league games.

Wednesday have sold 3k, have the Stacey west, the Selenity and can pay on the gate - Personally think it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Posted by: Posh Harry, July 12, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 56

Wednesday have sold 3k, have the Stacey west, the Selenity and can pay on the gate - Personally think it is a disaster waiting to happen.

Nah. Wednesday fans are mainly ok. Now United fans.........
Posted by: Croxton, July 15, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 57
Still not an excuse but Friday is the start of Sheffield Tramlines Music Festival. Recent attendances have topped 100,000 and takes place for the first time in Hillsborough Park. Locals have mixed feelings about this decision and expect a significant Police presence for this event. Manpower will be stretched for SYP so we lose out to the Stereophonics!
Posted by: Mallyner, July 15, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Croxton
Still not an excuse but Friday is the start of Sheffield Tramlines Music Festival. Recent attendances have topped 100,000 and takes place for the first time in Hillsborough Park. Locals have mixed feelings about this decision and expect a significant Police presence for this event. Manpower will be stretched for SYP so we lose out to the Stereophonics!

I hope they can cope with those who go in their gladrags to have handbags.  :)
Posted by: sam gy, July 15, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 59
Police budgets slashed by this wretched government. Not surprised.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 15, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Posh Harry

Nah. Wednesday fans are mainly ok. Now United fans.........

You have obviously not been to many Town Wednesday matches.
Posted by: Posh Harry, July 15, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from arryarryarry

You have obviously not been to many Town Wednesday matches.

I used to live in Sheffield. Most united fans are just thick northern monkies. There are plenty of exceptions to every rule but most wednesdayits that I knew were ok. And yes I have seen Town at Wednesday on a couple of occasions. Including that horrendous 7-1 defeat in the cup. Their stewards were terrible that day. Worse than their fans !!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, July 15, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Posh Harry

I used to live in Sheffield. Most united fans are just thick northern monkies. There are plenty of exceptions to every rule but most wednesdayits that I knew were ok. And yes I have seen Town at Wednesday on a couple of occasions. Including that horrendous 7-1 defeat in the cup. Their stewards were terrible that day. Worse than their fans !!

We weren’t exactly on our best behaviour to be fair some serious disorder before and after I recall
Posted by: Croxton, July 15, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 63
Yes, I remember following a group of our lads down Wadsley Lane to the ground. They were snowballing each other and the bay windows as they went. At least one house needed a glazier next day. I still think about that as I drive past almost daily.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, July 17, 2018, 10:21am; Reply: 64
Quoted from Posh Harry

To be fair it passed without incident really, few flares and a bit of disorder apparently, but on the whole was a very good atmosphere. Think they may struggle, they beat us., 1-0, but were quite fortunate and we almost had a team of trialists for the second half.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 17, 2018, 10:37am; Reply: 65

To be fair it passed without incident really, few flares and a bit of disorder apparently, but on the whole was a very good atmosphere. Think they may struggle, they beat us., 1-0, but were quite fortunate and we almost had a team of trialists for the second half.

it was a pre season friendly, weeks before the start. dont read anything in to pre season games
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, July 17, 2018, 11:05am; Reply: 66
Quoted from Cloudy

it was a pre season friendly, weeks before the start. dont read anything in to pre season games

Good because Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday have beaten us! And we have Blackburns 1st team next too!

Posted by: Tinymariner, July 17, 2018, 11:50am; Reply: 67
Being played behind closed doors now.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 17, 2018, 1:51pm; Reply: 68

Good because Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday have beaten us! And we have Blackburns 1st team next too!

We played Blackburn last pre season IIRC and they were fking awful !!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, July 17, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 69

Well Dave Doyle your loveable overweight Steward was telling me on Saturday night that they were very difficult to handle and built like the proverbial outhouse. My Mrs tells me it was very lively in Weatherspoons on the Brayford when she left work but pleased to say all remained calm in the Plough at Skellingthorpe 😄
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 8:40am