Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: GrimRob, June 29, 2018, 4:04pm
GS would certainly get a knighthood if we win the WC, but would a heroic defeat in the final, or earlier in the tournament, also qualify for the honour?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 29, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 1
Nah
Posted by: GrimRob, June 29, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Nah

Manager Alf Ramsey was knighted by the Queen immediately after the World Cup triumph in 1966. Winning then was a doddle by comparison. Lots fewer games. Home advantage. No VAR!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 29, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

Manager Alf Ramsey was knighted by the Queen immediately after the World Cup triumph in 1966. Winning then was a doddle by comparison. Lots fewer games. Home advantage. No VAR!

I meant nah to him getting a K if they don't win the tournament. It'll take more than just one heroic losers spot. Or should do.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 29, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 4
I think it would take the win at this monet in his career for him to get an early knighthood
Posted by: Perkins, June 29, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 5
He could win the next three world cups as far as I'm concerned and there would still be people more deserving of a knighthood. Anyway the current honours system is a joke and not fit for purpose, pop stars, political lackeys,and sportspeople getting honours while people who save lives or spend years making a difference to their communities are ignored.
Posted by: Ipswin, June 29, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 6
Please can you include a 'resign' option Rob?
Posted by: gaz57, June 29, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Perkins
He could win the next three world cups as far as I'm concerned and there would still be people more deserving of a knighthood. Anyway the current honours system is a joke and not fit for purpose, pop stars, political lackeys,and sportspeople getting honours while people who save lives or spend years making a difference to their communities are ignored.

Well said
Posted by: RonMariner, June 30, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Perkins

True.

I wonder what amazing service Sir Christopher Chope gave to 'earn' his knighthood.
Posted by: Teesknees, June 30, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 9
Well if "Baldrick"  can become Sir Tony Robinson it proves it's who you know (or who you're shagging) rather than what you know (unless it's what you know about somebody else!!). .
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 30, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Perkins

Completely agree, get rid of them altogether, the establishment hands some minor gong to a lollipop lady thinking us mere commoners will think it's a fair system, then hand numerous knighthoods etc to all there political and arty farty mates.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 9:27am