Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 27, 2018, 9:37pm
Many wanted him here when Slade left, maybe rightly so who knows.

But compare this summer update with Jolley's and for me it's miles apart in terms of vision and positivity.

It sticks out fo me that he says he wants 'bodies' in and having players already at the club that can fill in other positions. Doesn't seem very forward thinking IMO and I'm so glad we have MJ as manager rather than Askey.

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/june/rodman-moves-on/
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 27, 2018, 9:54pm; Reply: 1
Agreed

Also did anyone watch Sol Campbell waffling on sky sports tonight.  Think we missed a bullet there too.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 27, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

But compare this summer update with Jolley's and for me it's miles apart in terms of vision and positivity.

It sticks out fo me that he says he wants 'bodies' in and having players already at the club that can fill in other positions. Doesn't seem very forward thinking IMO and I'm so glad we have MJ as manager rather than Askey.

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/june/rodman-moves-on/

You mean that he is short of players and he wants to sign some more.

Frigging hell who would have ever thought of that.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 28, 2018, 12:26am; Reply: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry

You mean that he is short of players and he wants to sign some more.

Frigging hell who would have ever thought of that.

No... No I don't mean that at all!

MJ speaks of bringing in quality, certain types of players, buying into the Grimsby way, moving to the area etc etc..... Askey almost saying he wants anybody!

That's what I mean!
Posted by: Father Christmas, June 28, 2018, 6:02am; Reply: 4

MJ speaks of bringing in quality, certain types of players, buying into the Grimsby way, moving to the area etc etc..... Askey almost saying he wants anybody!

That's what I mean!

Almost saying he wants anybody, but not saying he wants anybody.

Is that like almost washing your hair then realising you’re bald? So not actually doing it?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 28, 2018, 7:36am; Reply: 5
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Agreed

Also did anyone watch Sol Campbell waffling on sky sports tonight.  Think we missed a bullet there too.

Sol to me looks the new David Icke fully expect him wearing shiny shell suits in the near future
Posted by: Maringer, June 28, 2018, 8:21am; Reply: 6
Does anybody seriously think that Askey is just looking to sign any random players just to get the squad numbers up a bit? No, he'll be looking for good signings to strengthen his squad just like any manager, anywhere, ever.

Thw Jolley love-in is fine as he seems to be doing a good job building his squad so far but let's not try to over-egg every little thing he says as some sort of indicator of footballing genius!
Posted by: Garth, June 28, 2018, 8:25am; Reply: 7
I think Sol would have been the final nail in the coffin of GTFC, so glad we still have a club to support.
Posted by: Ipswin, June 28, 2018, 8:44am; Reply: 8

No, many wanted ARTHUR Askey to continue the comedy started by Slade
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 28, 2018, 8:48am; Reply: 9

That's what I mean!

A bit hard to knock a man who took macclesfield up last year  and has seemed to have done alright when it comes to getting players in.
Posted by: Tommy, June 28, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer
Does anybody seriously think that Askey is just looking to sign any random players just to get the squad numbers up a bit? No, he'll be looking for good signings to strengthen his squad just like any manager, anywhere, ever.

Thw Jolley love-in is fine as he seems to be doing a good job building his squad so far but let's not try to over-egg every little thing he says as some sort of indicator of footballing genius!

This.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 28, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82

A bit hard to knock a man who took macclesfield up last year  and has seemed to have done alright when it comes to getting players in.

I'm not knocking him fella just thought the interview came across with a la k of vision that's all. Just my opinion though. I've no doubt about his ability to manage the club.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 6:04am