Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 27, 2018, 3:43pm
Can I suggest that as we're playing Forest Green on the opening game that the club open up the Osmond to home fans and stick the 80 away fans in the corner, this could encourage extra Town fans to attend as they would be behind a goal.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 27, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 1
80? Will they bring that many?
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 27, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Just thought it could be harvest time so their numbers could be reduced.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 27, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 3
Hopefully the first home game should be a sell-out, put the veggie away fans in a burger van in the constitutional corner and give the Osmond stand to our fans.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 27, 2018, 4:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Only 38 last season !

Posted by: Badger57, June 27, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 5
The Mrs wanted to take me away for my birthday weekend and couldn't understand why I turned her down with a, "It's not a special one so thanks but save your money gorgeous!" 😂 😂 😂
Posted by: scrumble, June 27, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 6
As a good will gesture, why don't give each of them an inflatable ball?
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 27, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 7
Surely we should be doing £10 for any stand with a voucher and kids go free.
Come on Town sort it out 😉
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 27, 2018, 10:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Gaffer58

Just thought it could be harvest time so their numbers could be reduced.

Fair point. Sickle accidents will account for a good few.
Posted by: ska face, June 28, 2018, 12:27pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Gaffer58
Can I suggest that as we're playing Forest Green on the opening game that the club open up the Osmond to home fans and stick the 80 away fans in the corner, this could encourage extra Town fans to attend as they would be behind a goal.

That’s a very good shout, and something the club should have been looking at from the minute the futures came out.

I’ve had a quick look at the fixture list and from Aug-Dec, there’s a Saturday game every month where we’ll definitely not get over 4/500 away fans -

Aug - FGR
Sep - Yeovil
Oct - Exeter
Nov - Crawley
Dec fixtures look after themselves.

About a month apart each, that’s doable if you’re a family bringing a couple of kids. Open it up now, get planning, attract new/floating fans while the weather’s nice and there’s a buzz about the place.

It doesn’t have to be a dirt cheap offer, or even an offer at all, just something exciting and different. Who knows, it might even get some noise out of the Osmond for those games.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 28, 2018, 1:11pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Civvy at last
Surely we should be doing £10 for any stand with a voucher and kids go free.
Come on Town sort it out 😉

Don't agree with that at all Civvy. If fans can't be persuaded to turn up for the first game of the season when there has been such a decent feel good factor about the club in recent weeks, then when are they going to come. Save the special offers for later in the season, although hopefully results on the pitch will keep bringing the fans back nevertheless.
Posted by: oldun, June 28, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 11
You would think they would have a good away following as it is a chance to enjoy a beef burger or a sausage or two!!
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:19am