Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, June 25, 2018, 8:45pm
Surely the worst pundit on the tele. Everything the bloke says is wrong. Makes me want to mute the commentary
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 25, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 1
Disagree, reckon he’s the best of the BBC lot. Far more entertaining that Keown or Neville!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 25, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
Surely the worst pundit on the tele. Everything the bloke says is wrong. Makes me want to mute the commentary

with you
"not a penalty....not for me.."   the bloke took Ronaldo out....
"nothing there for me...just brushed him " ....  Ronaldo lucky to stay on, intentional use of the arm/ elbow off the ball
;D

Its the ref who is having a mare though and the very concept of VAR is being jeopardised by this game alone...supposed to be virtually non intrusive ....absolute fking joke..

just glad that the Premier League have delayed its introduction...whole thing should be binned off....every time a player gets fouled or falls over they start the "Charade for TV signal"
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 25, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
VAR is a complete shambles!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 25, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid

I like Lawro myself. A good laugh, which is all part and parcel of it all. He is right about VAR as well - a total farce.
Posted by: LH, June 25, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 5
He’s like the really annoying bloke who sits near you and shouts balderdash all the time. If you don’t know who that is near where you sit at BP well...
Posted by: chipsandgravy, June 25, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

Top bloke I reckon so disagree I'm afraid!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 25, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 7
Theres only one john motson...

Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 25, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 8
National treasure - love Lawro
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 25, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 9
The authorities are being taken for a ride by the cheats.
The refs are not up to the job.
There are no English referees at the competition.
At least under Sep blather the corruption took the form of brown envelopes.
Complete farce FIFA. Get a grip. F
Don't have a problem with lawrenson, shearer , or linear.
FIFA are killing the game through incompetence or corruption. Don't know which.
Posted by: Meza, June 25, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09
VAR is a complete shambles!

Correction - the people using it are lol  :P

But I will add ML makes me so depressed and angry  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 25, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 11

I like Lawrenson.....he is fed up with all the play acting that is getting out of hand now.

I'm also a fan of VAR.....early days but we will get more correct decisions with it.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 25, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 12
Yes Var is excrement also
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, June 25, 2018, 9:11pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid

Not often I agree with you Hagrid but squarely behind you on this one, he is as outdated as is moustache, how he thought that was an ok challenge on Ronaldo defies belief. Even if he had lost the ball you cannot just kick a player up in the air.

To be honest only like Souness and Murphy with Shearer just ok of tv pundits so other than on commentary hardly ever bother listening to them.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 25, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 14
Danny Murphy is the best for me - but give me Lawro over Dull Phil Neville any day.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, June 25, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
National treasure - love Lawro

He looks like the Daily Star's Bo Peep and has the personality of squashed aubergine.
Posted by: fleabag1970, June 25, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 16
Lawro is very dry .

I like him
Posted by: mimma, June 25, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 17
What I don't understand is it is supposed to correct "clear and obvious errors".

The Spanish equaliser the linesman flagged it offside. It went upstairs and out came the slide ruler to allow it. It was so close that it could have gone either way. No way was it "a clear and obvious error".If he was clearly onside then fair enough but you have to say that the linesman can be forgiven for flagging it given how quick the ball was played and the player movement.

It's not very often I feel sorry for the linesman, but on this occasion I do.

In cricket they allow the umpire a certain amount of leeway in his decision on LBW's. If it is very tight then it stays with the umpire. Only if it is out by a clear amount does it get overruled. This is how I think it should work.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 25, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 18
Love lawro when he's commenting on a game, says what he sees, doesn't mince his words calls a dive a dive a cheat a cheat, he's a breath of fresh air in a world of political commentry. He's also come out with my favourite line of the world cup so far when Hernández fell over the ball and rolled around for 10 minutes Lawro asked if he'd dislocated his shoe lace
Posted by: Abdul19, June 25, 2018, 11:47pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

There are no English referees at the competition.

There would've been if he hadn't buggered off to Saudi Arabia!
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 25, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 20
Love lawro when he's commenting on a game, says what he sees, doesn't mince his words calls a dive a dive a cheat a cheat, he's a breath of fresh air in a world of political commentry. He's also come out with my favourite line of the world cup so far when Hernández fell over the ball and rolled around for 10 minutes Lawro asked if he'd dislocated his shoe lace

;D ;D ;D  had he ?   :)

Posted by: Rick12, June 26, 2018, 6:20am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Mariner_09
Disagree, reckon he’s the best of the BBC lot. Far more entertaining that Keown or Neville!
Always puts a smile on my face with his dry sense of humour on football focus

Posted by: fiveallive, June 26, 2018, 6:28am; Reply: 22
Mark Lawrenson has he gets older he does come across very sarcastic sometimes but he's not afraid to say what he thinks which is good.

The worst person for me is Sam Matterface ITV comm comes out with the most stupid facts absolutely awful.
Posted by: golfer, June 26, 2018, 7:09am; Reply: 23
Sooner have Lawrenson talking shite than all those women talking shite
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 26, 2018, 8:12am; Reply: 24
https://www.football365.com/news/a-football365-love-letter-to-mark-lawrenson
Posted by: Ipswin, June 26, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 25
Love the bones of the bloke just a pity he can't co-commentate or be a pundit on every World Cup game in place of some of the total self obsessed idiots both channels seem to have. Sick of that twit Shearer, Keane is so quiet and sulky he's obviously drunk off that he can't break any more legs and as for Bilic it's really switch off time when he appears, what a boring argumentative illegitimate
Posted by: Cloudy, June 26, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 26
I quite like Billic. Danny Murphy one of the better ones, no great fan of Shearer who just states the obvious- no insights whatsoever
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 26, 2018, 10:27am; Reply: 27
He is footballs Alf Garnet. love him.  why do some people follow the PC brigade.
Posted by: jock dock tower, June 26, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 28
Punditry is supposed to give viewers an insight - maybe even enlightenment - as to why things happen in football.

Murphy's the best of a bad lot. As a footballer I thought Lawrenson was a class act, but as a pundit I think he's dreadful. It's like listening to the Leonard Cohen of football. I just want to slash my wrists before he even comes on now. Eniola Aluko, on the other hand, does her research, is articulate, and it's actually a pleasure listening to her comments about the game.

Await the inevitable barrage of red crosses!
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 26, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 29
Mark is one of those blokes who you either think is boring with silly jokes or a funny man you would like to sit next to,

What annoys me about him is when he goes on and says" never a pen  he was not in control of the ball"

Well Kane was not in control of the ball when rugby tackle to the floor Mark,

BUT

It was a penalty all day long mate ;D

I can put up with him more than some of the other pundits in the studio,

The ones I like the most are Danny Murphy and Keown who both talk the most sense,

Not sure about a woman commentating on a game though.

Posted by: Abdul19, June 26, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 30
Murphy's as dour as Lawro, but 10% as amusing. In the studio, I like Ferdinand and Lampard. Shearer's much better than he used to be too (although that's not saying much)

ITV having 4 pundits sat there despite all the ad breaks just seems bonkers. Although when one of them is as pointless as Evra, maybe it makes a bit more sense.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 26, 2018, 12:34pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well Kane was not in control of the ball when rugby tackle to the floor Mark,

BUT

It was a penalty all day long mate ;D

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/england/story/3533628/harry-kane-penalties-why-var-might-not-have-advised-spot-kicks
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, June 26, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 32
I've never personally been bothered about who is on commentary or punditry. I'm watching football for the football not the accompanying audio. It does amuse me how enraged people get about them though. I enjoy the ramblings of miserable old illegitimates though so I don't mind the likes of Mark Lawrenson or Roy Keane.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 26, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 33
Gary Neville and Ian Wright are my favourite pundits. Neville is insightful and interesting and Wright is good value for money.
Posted by: Rick12, June 26, 2018, 4:35pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Abdul19
, I like Ferdinand .
Yes I like him a lot.Very honest and funny.I like Zabaleta as well .
Posted by: Rick12, June 26, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Mariner_09
Gary Neville and Ian Wright are my favourite pundits. Neville is insightful and interesting and Wright is good value for money.
It was quite amusing the other day when Wright and Bilic had a bit of banter with each other  ;)

Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 26, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from promotion plaice

;D ;D ;D  had he ?   :)

I'm guessing not as he continued for the rest of the match  ;D
Posted by: Stadium, June 26, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 37
Probably the most limited and unfunny "pundit" around.
Doesn't even understand the basic rules of the game & VAR baffles him.
A dinosaur in today's game but the BBC love him.
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, June 26, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 38
Chris Sutton on Radio 5 is quality
Posted by: Meza, June 26, 2018, 10:55pm; Reply: 39
Frank Lampard has impressed me the most his insight and knowledge is very good, I like Danny Murphy as well.
Posted by: Badger57, June 26, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 40
Thinks he's funny. Wrong.
Thinks Alaska is a country beginning with A (Pointless) Wrong but THAT was funny! 😀
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:05pm