Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mrsd, June 24, 2018, 6:20pm
to the Tour de YDA cyclists 👍
Posted by: Cloudy, June 24, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 1
Yes a great effort by those involved.

Wonder how much they raised?
Posted by: barralad, June 24, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 2
Just welcomed them back to Blundell Park. What an effort by all concerned. To ride over 180 miles in this heat with the hills of the Wolds at the end rather than the beginning is an amazing achievement. The team included a wide range of experience of distance cycling but they got through it as a team. Brilliant stuff!!
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 25, 2018, 8:11am; Reply: 3
Great achievement.

Saw something on Twitter last night with someone slating it saying it wasn't worthy of the coverage given to it.  Totally uncalled for in my opinion.

As a keen cyclist I can tell you 180 miles is no small feat, especially in testing conditions yesterday.  The biggest danger in the heat is dehydration on the bike, it's not always easy to realise you're about to suffer until it's too late either.  

Be a few proud tan-lines just above the knees and elbows this morning!
Posted by: Garth, June 25, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 4
Well done Jim and the boys
Posted by: Grim74, June 25, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 5
Quoted from barralad
Just welcomed them back to Blundell Park. What an effort by all concerned. To ride over 180 miles in this heat with the hills of the Wolds at the end rather than the beginning is an amazing achievement. The team included a wide range of experience of distance cycling but they got through it as a team. Brilliant stuff!!

Yes well done, the most I ever did in a day was 135 so hats off, all through I always tooka nice hot day with no wind as an easy ride to be fair, give me that over a cold and windy any day of the week.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 25, 2018, 2:16pm; Reply: 6
Good going that. Congratulations all who took part.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 8:58am