Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pizzzza, June 23, 2018, 8:20pm
Open question, Im just wondering and I have no idea who many there are....

How many players at the World Cup 2018 have played at Blundell Park?

I'll get the ball rolling with Kasper Schmeichel.
Posted by: LH, June 23, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 1
Raheem Sterling for Eng U17s.

Harry Maguire for Hull maybe?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 23, 2018, 9:19pm; Reply: 2
Jamie Vardy for Fleetwood.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 23, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Jamie Vardy for Fleetwood.

I don't remember what Rob Scott said about him, but when he scored the winner for Fleetwood on a rainy night on the West coast he ran half the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of Scott.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 23, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 4
He signed for Fleetwood after they played at BP (it was the first game of the season)

Tim Cahill for Millwall in about 1937

Yohan Benalouane for Leicester under 40s in 16-17

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 23, 2018, 11:27pm; Reply: 5
Roberto Martinez/Gareth Southgate potentialy

(Ok not players)
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 24, 2018, 7:42am; Reply: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Roberto Martinez/Gareth Southgate potentialy

(Ok not players)

Definitely remember Martinez playing for Chester in a midweek game. My mate said “it’s that bloke off ’Revista La Liga’ “ and he was right!

Seem to remember they were supposed to be horrendous and an easy 3 points, but they still won 1-0. Then again, must be 10 years ago now.....
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 24, 2018, 7:53am; Reply: 7
Can we just pretend that Joe Hart, James Milner, Jermaine Defoe, Aaron Lennon and Michael Carrick all made the England squad?! This’d be a lot easier then.
Posted by: Jackie Lewis, June 24, 2018, 8:30am; Reply: 8
I know it's not exactly the 2018 squad but I remember seeing Nobby Styles play against us for Preston. Very dirty and kicked Dave Boylen all over the pitch
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 24, 2018, 8:54am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Jackie Lewis
I know it's not exactly the 2018 squad but I remember seeing Nobby Styles play against us for Preston. Very dirty and kicked Dave Boylen all over the pitch

I remember seeing Alan Ball play here for Southampton.

Posted by: Civvy at last, June 24, 2018, 8:57am; Reply: 10
There's a pundit for this world cup that left BP with a fat lip  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 24, 2018, 10:14am; Reply: 11
There’s an anchorman who left with a goal for Spurs and probably for Leicester too.
Posted by: lukeo, June 24, 2018, 11:01am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Civvy at last
There's a pundit for this world cup that left BP with a fat lip  ;D

This. Haha
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, June 24, 2018, 11:48am; Reply: 13
Mark Clattenburg reffed a few times at BP and he’s doing some punditry stuff.
Posted by: livosnose, June 24, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 14
Crap pundit Danny Murphy is the nephew of the late and great Paul Futcher
Posted by: Tommy, June 25, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 15
Never understood the weird celebration of Whittle's elbow on Shearer.

We chastise the actions of people like Matt Rhead, Gunning, and the Panama players yesterday, yet loads on here seem to celebrate one of our own players assaulting one the best English centre-forwards of the last 30 years.

I always cringe when people celebrate the anniversary of it each year. Do we forget he scored and they won the game?
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 25, 2018, 12:16pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Tommy

We chastise the actions of people like Matt Rhead, Gunning, and the Panama players yesterday, yet loads on here seem to celebrate one of our own players assaulting one the best English centre-forwards of the last 30 years.

I always cringe when people celebrate the anniversary of it each year. Do we forget he scored and they won the game?

Because Shearer was a bully.  As good a player he was, he was a bully who was happy enough dishing out disgraceful challenges when it suited him but wasn't so great when it came to taking it back.

Shearer had left a couple on Whittle already and then when the time came, Whittle got his own back.  If Shearer wasn't such a bully, I doubt it would be celebrated like it is.
Posted by: Ipswin, June 25, 2018, 12:19pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Tommy

That's another reason I never celebrate

Idiot Whittle never hit him hard enough

Posted by: Civvy at last, June 25, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Tommy

Great centre-forward no doubt. But an arrogant bully. He let Whittle have a dig, then muttered ‘get used to it’. That was from his sister.  Whittle should have been sent off, no doubt.  But that was a one off. Rhead is a big fat bully that does it week in week out, then hits the deck at every opportunity.  There is NO comparison between the two.
Posted by: Abdul19, July 6, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 19
Not at BP admittedly, but Jordan Pickford played against GTFC for Darlo in 2012.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:12am