Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 21, 2018, 9:14am
Decent opener.

Lincoln at home the fortnight after (18th).  I wonder if that will get moved to a lunchtime game, biggish meet on at Market Rasen same day.

Fans obviously considered with the festive fixtures.  Port Vale away on Boxing Day, Exeter away on the 29th December!
Posted by: StickfordMariner, June 21, 2018, 9:29am; Reply: 1
that xmas period is a complete joke not only for the fans but for the players as well ridiculous amount of travel in such a small space of time!!
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 21, 2018, 9:29am; Reply: 2
Why aren't we playing Lincoln, Notts County and Mansfield or something similar over Christmas? Even Bury or Oldham would be preferable to those 2. PV a nightmare to get to.
Posted by: conscorner, June 21, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 3
Just had a look at the fixture list on the Grimsby Live website, and not sure if this was pure coincidence or very clever marketing but inserted in the list prior to the Stevenage away fixture was an advert for Best Bra Deals !!
Posted by: Tommy, June 21, 2018, 9:33am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09
Why aren't we playing Lincoln, Notts County and Mansfield or something similar over Christmas? Even Bury or Oldham would be preferable to those 2. PV a nightmare to get to.

Because the games aren't hand-picked and manufactured like they are in the conference.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 21, 2018, 9:39am; Reply: 5
The Conference was, in general, a joke with the way it organised the vast majority of things.

Keeping the festive games relatively local was something the Football League could learn an awful lot from.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 21, 2018, 9:45am; Reply: 6
Stevenage and MK Dons away early on. No doubt some fans will talk of boycotting them. I'll be going to both, but it's a personal decision.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 21, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
Stevenage and MK Dons away early on. No doubt some fans will talk of boycotting them. I'll be going to both, but it's a personal decision.

I will be going to MK Dons but the bullies might stop me going to Stevenage. ;)

I should be able to get to a few games this season home and away depending on when my other knee replacement is done.

At least that will shut Old Codger up.
Posted by: mariner91, June 21, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 8
Gutted, I'm away for the Lincoln game.
Posted by: SheepGTFC, June 21, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 9
Honestly very optimistic about those first 5 games

FGR (H)
Macclesfield (A)
Lincoln (H)
MK Dons (A)
Newport (A)

Think we can pick up a good amount of points from that bunch of games. Really hope we smash that fake club MK Dons.
Posted by: Hagrid, June 21, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 10
Quoted from SheepGTFC

FGR (H)
Macclesfield (A)
Lincoln (H)
MK Dons (A)
Newport (A)

Think we can pick up a good amount of points from that bunch of games. Really hope we smash that fake club MK Dons.

im not trying to start an argument but based on what? we havent got a team yet, neither have other clubs and we havent played a game yet
Posted by: SheepGTFC, June 21, 2018, 10:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid

im not trying to start an argument but based on what? we havent got a team yet, neither have other clubs and we havent played a game yet

Truthfully, I couldn't pinpoint to you where exactly my positivity comes from. That being said, somethings I have to be thankful for within GTFC:

So yeah, so far in my eyes this summer is going great for us. I fully expect I'm looking at all this with rose tinted glasses but can't a man be positive for once?
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 21, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

Michael Jolley  ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 21, 2018, 10:39am; Reply: 13
3 points will be a nice birthday present for me that day.

First time I can remember there being a league game on my birthday as the season used to kick off later in August.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, June 21, 2018, 10:59am; Reply: 14
Quoted from SheepGTFC

FGR (H)
Macclesfield (A)
Lincoln (H)
MK Dons (A)
Newport (A)

With Tisdale as manager, I expect them to do very well this season, though obviously I hope we smash them too (it's my nearest away match, too).

Posted by: GrimRob, June 21, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin
3 points will be a nice birthday present for me that day.

First time I can remember there being a league game on my birthday as the season used to kick off later in August.

It will be the first time in our entire history that we have played a game on the 4th August. We have played 3 on 5th (1980, 2006, 2017) and 1 on the 2nd (1980).
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 21, 2018, 11:44am; Reply: 16
Quoted from SheepGTFC

Truthfully, I couldn't pinpoint to you where exactly my positivity comes from. That being said, somethings I have to be thankful for within GTFC:

• Jolley has been awesome so far as a human and manager.
  • Fans have been great since Jolley came in and towards the end of the season support was fantastic.
  • McKeown signed a new contract with us and to me he's a good keeper.
  • Kept good youngsters in Clifton and Wright giving them both good deals
  • We've got some early deals done in the window which is traditionally unlike us.
  • Harry Davis just won the Scottish Championship and also played 3 solid seasons at League One level and signed for us.
  • Whitehouse is a great signing in my opinion. A midfielder with goals in him is something we've lacked for a while.

So yeah, so far in my eyes this summer is going great for us. I fully expect I'm looking at all this with rose tinted glasses but can't a man be positive for once?

Season tickets available earlier this time as well
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 21, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 17
Good were home first game as was travelling up to pick up  my mum to take on holiday, but so annoying re. Macc away/Lincoln home as will still be on holiday, Maccs only 30 mins up the road from me.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, June 21, 2018, 12:54pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from SheepGTFC

• Jolley has been awesome so far as a human and manager.
  • Fans have been great since Jolley came in and towards the end of the season support was fantastic.
  • McKeown signed a new contract with us and to me he's a good keeper.
  • Kept good youngsters in Clifton and Wright giving them both good deals
  • We've got some early deals done in the window which is traditionally unlike us.
  • Harry Davis just won the Scottish Championship and also played 3 solid seasons at League One level and signed for us.
  • Whitehouse is a great signing in my opinion. A midfielder with goals in him is something we've lacked for a while.

Good points well made Sheep.... but someone doesn't agree with you! FFS!  ;)
Posted by: Meza, June 21, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 19
Macclesfield havent really strengthened and im going to predict Morecambe and Macclesfield to go down.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, June 21, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mariner_09

Similar at Easter.... Colchester away on Good Friday?? WTF!!  :-/
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 21, 2018, 1:10pm; Reply: 21
Who scheduled this - first day of Trent Bridge test v India on 18th Aug (which I have a ticket for)?

Guaranteed early ko. Really should be a midweek game in November now the Lincoln Tractors and Trailers are always full for every game they play.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 21, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Similar at Easter.... Colchester away on Good Friday?? WTF!!  :-/

B+ B  at grimsby pete's   good rates for all mariners . 8)
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, June 21, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 23
Tickets for Market Rasen and Paloma Faith on 18 Aug.
If early KO then might be doable
Posted by: coddy60, June 21, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from conscorner
Just had a look at the fixture list on the Grimsby Live website, and not sure if this was pure coincidence or very clever marketing but inserted in the list prior to the Stevenage away fixture was an advert for Best Bra Deals !!

The adverts you see are generally linked to your browsing history 😉😂
Posted by: GYinScuntland, June 21, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from coddy60

The adverts you see are generally linked to your browsing history 😉😂

balderdash. I've never been anywhere near a Thai Ladyboy.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 21, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 26
Nice opener. :)
Posted by: fishyfanny, June 21, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimsby pete

B+ B  at grimsby pete's   good rates for all mariners . 8)

Do you accept coach parties Pete?  8)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 21, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 28
Will FGR bring more than the 38 fans they brought last season, I think not.

So lets fill the ground with home fans and give them the corner.
Posted by: Meza, June 21, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Will FGR bring more than the 38 fans they brought last season, I think not.

So lets fill the ground with home fans and give them the corner.

Not even worth it.  Shove them in the burger van it should hold them lmao.
Posted by: Flying Mariner, June 21, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 30
Tranmere home and away both Tuesday night games :-(
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 21, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 31
Tickets for Market Rasen and Paloma Faith on 18 Aug.
If early KO then might be doable

Serves you right! And annoying Mockney patter to boot.

Most over-rated singer since Robbie Williams. So no doubt she'll be opening the Qatar World Cup.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 21, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from GYinScuntland

balderdash. I've never been anywhere near a Thai Ladyboy.

As far as you know 😉 !!!!!!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:38am