Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, June 13, 2018, 6:26pm
Where do other Town fans think we will finish next season ?  I personally think we will finish just below half way.  I think Jolley will more than steady the ship and we will not be at risk at any stage of the season which to the powers that be will be more than acceptable.  Would this be acceptable to the fans ?  I suspect so, judging by the playing budget and other aspects that are attached to the club.  It is clear already that we will be looking for bargain deals and possibly foreign imports to bolster the playing squad, and I don't believe we will be building a team to challenge next season, more likely a team to survive safely in the division.  If you look at the divsion realistically there will be 8 or 9 other clubs in a far better position than we are at the moment.  Mid table would be fine by me, would love to see GTFC get some ambition in the future though and really have a pop at getting out of this division.

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 13, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 1
I will wait until we have got a full squad before I predict,

BUT

I have faith ( Ipswin will say blind faith  )  ;D  in Michael to get us towards the top end of the table,

Then the only way is up 8)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 13, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 2
Dark horses for this season in my opinion, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you are edging towards play-offs come May 2019.
Posted by: Meza, June 13, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Dark horses for this season in my opinion, wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you are edging towards play-offs come May 2019.

I'll go balls deep and say promotion, everyone will expect us to be near the bottom with probably Morecambe but I don't know what it is maybe the atmosphere surrounding town atm, and the fans creating blundell park like the fortress it use to be, but I just think people will take their eyes of us and we end up surprising them.  I know we haven't got a full squad yet but one can only wish.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 13, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 4
Upper mid table
Posted by: Cloudy, June 13, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 5
Far far too early to consider
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 13, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 6
Far too early to call yet.
Posted by: jock dock tower, June 13, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 7
It's the 40th anniversary of us finishing runners up in the old 4th Division in 1978-9 next season. Something similar would do very nicely thanks.
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 13, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 8
Will wait to see a couple of striker signings of intent yet
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, June 13, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 9
Still need a few quality additions to be challenging the top end of the table hopefully there on there way.. Loving the optimism around town tho that MJ is helping generate
Posted by: ginnywings, June 13, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 10
We really should be at the top end of the league, given our size and history, and from what i have seen of this division, it shouldn't be beyond us to get out of it in the right direction. We are, and have been, under performing for far too long, and everyone seems to have lost their ambition along the way. We are at least a natural League 1 side in my view and it's about time we got back up there. Balls to mid table i say, let's crack on and at least threaten the play off spots.
Posted by: sydney, June 13, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 11
Build Steady and not pressure MJ and the players as we know we will all get carried away if we do well in the first few games.
After first game last season we all thought here we go and look what an absolute nightmare it turned out to be
Think it’s more important we constantly show our support for the team (like at Swindon back end of last year)
Course we all want success but let’s give MJ time to build on a promising start both on and seemingly off the field
Come on Town
Posted by: Brazilnut, June 13, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 12
A big factor could be if we get lucky in the cups  a win here and there then a draw that is chosen for TV could see improvements in January .....we haven't  a lucky/ profitable cup run for ages
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 13, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 13
Too early to tell, things have changed, size and history don’t mean that much, at 5pm on the opening day last season I thought we’d be competing for promotion and Chesterfield would be right up there with us.

I’m sure MJ will recruit sensibly but I’m not convinced that other than reading Wiki and other teams message boards we’ll know too much about his recruits, then again I doubt many knew too much about the likes of Waters, Cummings, Gilbert, Tilson, Mendonca , Amond etc.. etc.. etc.. before they joined.

Anyway all that said mid table next season, automatic the season after 🤞
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 13, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 14

As long as we stay well clear of the drop this time I'll be happy and anything else will be a bonus.

Obviously promotion would be the ultimate but if that doesn't happen it would be a bonus if Jolley could have us finish top half and above the "can't do anything wrong" Cowley's.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 13, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 15
I'll wait for a completed squad first before I make a proper prediction, but I suspect we'll at least be in the top half of the table somewhere
Posted by: Abdul19, June 13, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 16
100 points and 100 goals. Promoted by April 6.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 13, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 17
We need a massive improvement on most of the last 16 or so seasons, and a driven professional like Jolley will expect nothing less.

There is no way Jolley will accept mid table mediocrity and will be busting a gut to make a success of it, and these days you are either on the up or with the also rans, and I reckon we will do pretty well . How well depends on whether the board support him 100%.

There are many many examples of terrible seasons followed by a great one, and I hope for great things next season.

The board must back him to the hilt though, that is the least they can do.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 14, 2018, 11:10am; Reply: 18
Top 7 (hopefully)
Posted by: Ipswin, June 14, 2018, 12:29pm; Reply: 19
Lower mid table
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, June 14, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 20
I think you will finish 9th.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 14, 2018, 12:54pm; Reply: 21
If we carry on with signings of the current quality mid table.
Posted by: Hannilowe, June 14, 2018, 12:59pm; Reply: 22
Would like to see us aiming for a top 10 finish, possibly top 7. But we need a few more through the door, and a decent striker is a must for us to have a chance, although they are admittedly hard to come by at a price the club can afford.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 14, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 23
Not seen anything to suggest we will finish massively higher than last season. It feels like we're laying foundations though.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 14, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 24
Top  :)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:20am