Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, June 12, 2018, 2:02am
Heard his set to sign an extension at the club within the next few days .. apprently a 2 year deal.

This should be done by end of Wednesday.

Be happy with this decision,

No new on Danny Collins though.
Posted by: SheepGTFC, June 12, 2018, 2:14am; Reply: 1
Good that we have him tied down.

Not sure I would have given him a 2 year deal.

Hope he contributes with a few goals over the next 2 seasons.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, June 12, 2018, 7:27am; Reply: 2
I’m slightly concerned why him, Danny and Akers are so slow to sign, but hopefully MJ has got all things in hand.
Posted by: mariner83, June 12, 2018, 7:35am; Reply: 3
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
I’m slightly concerned why him, Danny and Akers are so slow to sign, but hopefully MJ has got all things in hand.

Ahkeem's is a paperwork issue isn't it?
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 12, 2018, 7:46am; Reply: 4
Preferably would have given him a one year deal with an extra option by the club. But in saying that, last year he showed what he can bring to the table with his never give up attitude and some great displays. Hope Collins will sign as the average age of signings we’ve brought in is quite young.
Posted by: psgmariner, June 12, 2018, 7:47am; Reply: 5
Not overly fussed either way but hope it’s sorted sooner rather than later.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 12, 2018, 9:01am; Reply: 6
When it comes to ahkeem rose nothing is straight forward is it.
Posted by: oldun, June 12, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jonnyboy82
When it comes to ahkeem rose nothing is straight forward is it.

Does he actually exist?

Posted by: grimsby pete, June 12, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 8
Quoted from oldun

Does he actually exist?

As long as he stays invisible when playing for us he will score loads of goals.
Posted by: Garth, June 12, 2018, 11:11am; Reply: 9
Quoted from oldun

Does he actually exist?

Thought the same about a certain Nathan Arnold when he first signed and never played for a while, how wrong was I
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 12, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 10
Let’s get it done, 2 years works for me as MJ is looking more long term than previous managers.

If Collins does sign it will be a bonus but MK will have a back up plan I’m sure.

As for Rose, considering we held out for him and sorted his clearance does he not owe us a tiny bit of something?
Posted by: Sigone, June 12, 2018, 11:47am; Reply: 11
When we was going through the drawn out process of rose's work permit, did we pay him or just hold his registration. Can you financially reward someone who doesn't hold a work permit?
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 12, 2018, 11:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Sigone
When we was going through the drawn out process of rose's work permit, did we pay him or just hold his registration. Can you financially reward someone who doesn't hold a work permit?

Expenses  ? +  food and keep.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 12, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Sigone

If you have a certain visa you can work up to 20 hours per week without a role specific work permit
Posted by: Cloudy, June 12, 2018, 12:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

If you have a certain visa you can work up to 20 hours per week without a role specific work permit

I thought the issue was he didnt have any visa? He thought he was a UK citizen but it was his entry in to the Uk as a very small child was the issue?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 12, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Cloudy

I thought the issue was he didnt have any visa? He thought he was a UK citizen but it was his entry in to the Uk as a very small child was the issue?

Not sure to be honest, but similar to Collins I would imagine MJ would have a back up target.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 12, 2018, 1:45pm; Reply: 16
Summers had a two year offer on the table from somewhere else would be my guess. If we didn't match it, then aged 30, it would be hard to keep him. I know MJ really rates him.
Posted by: Maringer, June 12, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 17
He did very well for us last season - one of the few outfield players who rarely put a foot wrong which was surprising after his error-strewn first season with the club.

I think his ability to get around the pitch and challenge would be an asset once again and I expect he'll be able to keep his workrate up for another year or two yet without too many problems. Certainly worth a 2 year deal for me, providing we aren't breaking the bank.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, June 12, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 18
I saw someone looking like Ahkeem on a jog down Bargate. The guy look fit and fast, so would like him to sign and see what he can do.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 12, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 19
I won't pretend to know how the work permit system works but Rose was at Walsall as a young lad, which is how he came about coming here through Neil Woods.  He then played for some Midland League side if I recall correctly.

Are there different rules for him once he reaches 18 with regards his work permit?  I would have thought if he was in the country at Walsall as a youth player he'll already have UK status by now?
Posted by: RonMariner, June 12, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from oldun

Does he actually exist?

Yes. I have met him, and even got a selfie with him and Dembele!
Posted by: Cloudy, June 12, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner
I won't pretend to know how the work permit system works but Rose was at Walsall as a young lad, which is how he came about coming here through Neil Woods.  He then played for some Midland League side if I recall correctly.

Are there different rules for him once he reaches 18 with regards his work permit? I would have thought if he was in the country at Walsall as a youth player he'll already have UK status by now?

I dont know the answer but if I, or anyone else, entered a country illegally would I gain citizenship if i went undetected for a few years??

Non of it makes sense to me tbh but i hope he signs and has nomore permit issues and proves worth the wait and the time invested
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 12, 2018, 3:41pm; Reply: 22
I saw someone looking like Ahkeem on a jog down Bargate. The guy look fit and fast,[/b] so would like him to sign[b] and see what he can do.

What the guy jogging down bargate
Posted by: moosey_club, June 12, 2018, 4:13pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from The Yard Dog

What the guy jogging down bargate

Rumour has it that guy can only run fast when wearing a hoody and carrying a DVD player under his arm so wouldn't fit in with FL rules on kit.
Posted by: MarinerRob, June 12, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 24
As far as Rose goes there seems to be quite a lot of expectation from him but has anyone seen him play to justify these high hopes.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, June 12, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 25
I saw someone looking like Ahkeem on a jog down Bargate. The guy look fit and fast, so would like him to sign and see what he can do.

Well at least we know what Graham Rodger's been up to...
Posted by: Elgringo87, June 12, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 26
Not sure how true it is but a couple have people have mentioned that Danny Collins has had an offer for some coaching work in America and due to his age he’s seriously considering it ,, just hearsay tho no actual facts
Posted by: Mariner55, June 12, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from moosey_club

Rumour has it that guy can only run fast when wearing a hoody and carrying a DVD player under his arm so wouldn't fit in with FL rules on kit.

In what way is this anything other than offensive?  
Posted by: Bigdog, June 12, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 28
Whether Summers signs or not, I really hope MJ signs another couple of CMs that really change the dynamic of the engine room. As it stands, the ones signed are all alright or decent but I don't think it's got the making of being a midfield that could perform well and dominate week in week out at the right end of the table..
Posted by: chaos33, June 12, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 29
I agree. I would say it's been palpably obvious over the last two seasons, that we need a better quality of player than Summerfield in centre midfield if we want to challenge for promotion. The player himself has done well in spells, but we've really got to be looking to upgrade in my view. I am ambivalent essentially - I would be happy enough if Summerfield signed for another year but two would be a mistake I think. Can't fault the player's effort, but pretty limited technically I reckon.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 12, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from chaos33
I agree. I would say it's been palpably obvious over the last two seasons, that we need a better quality of player than Summerfield in centre midfield if we want to challenge for promotion. The player himself has done well in spells, but we've really got to be looking to upgrade in my view. I am ambivalent essentially - I would be happy enough if Summerfield signed for another year but two would be a mistake I think. Can't fault the player's effort, but pretty limited technically I reckon.

All about opinions, but Summers completely bossed Notts County. Our company sponsored his kit last season so I asked MJ about the chance of him re-signing when I got my season ticket and he was very keen for him to stay.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 12, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from chaos33

Though his shooting has been poor technically he’s not that bad, good first touch, brings the ball down well, can turn with the ball at his feet whilst on the move, can pass with both feet and switch play when required. Not the tallest but can head it he also reads the game well.

Maybe with some better players alongside him in a stable settled side he might be a half decent signing for a side that finished 18th in 4th tier........ as TOC says it’s all about opinion.
Posted by: chaos33, June 12, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 32
All fair enough. I'd like to start with a better player though next season. More influential. More goal and assist threat. Better than 'decent'.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 12, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 33
Who ever signs we need goals from our midfield, thinking about we need goals from our strikers as well this season.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 13, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 34
I can see both sides of the argument with Summers. He was easily our best player in a lot of games last season, and was one of the few who never let his head drop when we were on that terrible run, but the stats say, he doesn't score and he doesn't create. This is not too bad if others in the side are performing these tasks and he is merely there as a mopper upper, something he is good at, or possibly he could become more influential in the goalscoring and assist charts in a better side. He looked particularly good against Bolton last season in the F.A. Cup for instance.
Posted by: Zmariner, June 13, 2018, 9:43am; Reply: 35
You need players with some spirit when things are hard and he really showed this in most games. When others chickened our he did not , lacks confidence in front of goal but otherwise a starter for me. You get full commitment always should be a prerequisite I know. Also a very good engine  utm
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 13, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 36
Quoted from ginnywings
I can see both sides of the argument with Summers. He was easily our best player in a lot of games last season, and was one of the few who never let his head drop when we were on that terrible run, but the stats say, he doesn't score and he doesn't create. This is not too bad if others in the side are performing these tasks and he is merely there as a mopper upper, something he is good at, or possibly he could become more influential in the goalscoring and assist charts in a better side. He looked particularly good against Bolton last season in the F.A. Cup for instance.

He cant run,

He cant tackle,

He cant head,

He cant score,

He cant create,

Apart from that he is a bloody good player. ;D
Posted by: mariner91, June 13, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings

Personally I think it's a bit unfair to say that Summerfield doesn't create. I think he puts some quite good balls into the box which we didn't have the players to capitalise on this year. Just off the top of my head from the end of the season I can think of a fantastic ball to the back post which Rose and Mills contrived to miss somehow against Stevenage and another great cross to Woolford against Notts which somehow stayed out. He also set up the first goal against Barnet.

I'm not saying he is the most creative midfielder in the world but I think it's unfair to say he doesn't create at all. Frankly with the lack of pace and attacking threat in the side last year we could have had Scholes and Pirlo in the centre of the park and we'd have still struggled to score many. If we get some decent wingers and a good striker in to the team then Summerfield could be a very good midfielder if there is another in there to also help with the creative side of the game. As others have said, he's got a lot of really good attributes and his attitude is superb which we will need if we have a relatively young team.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 13, 2018, 10:30am; Reply: 38
Quoted from mariner91

Personally I think it's a bit unfair to say that Summerfield doesn't create. I think he puts some quite good balls into the box which we didn't have the players to capitalise on this year. Just off the top of my head from the end of the season I can think of a fantastic ball to the back post which Rose and Mills contrived to miss somehow against Stevenage and another great cross to Woolford against Notts which somehow stayed out. He also set up the first goal against Barnet.

I'm not saying he is the most creative midfielder in the world but I think it's unfair to say he doesn't create at all. Frankly with the lack of pace and attacking threat in the side last year we could have had Scholes and Pirlo in the centre of the park and we'd have still struggled to score many. If we get some decent wingers and a good striker in to the team then Summerfield could be a very good midfielder if there is another in there to also help with the creative side of the game. As others have said, he's got a lot of really good attributes and his attitude is superb which we will need if we have a relatively young team.

Which is why i said his stats may be much better in a better side and it's not entirely his fault that his assist numbers are low. I think he did more than enough to earn a new contract and he is in his prime years now, so i think his contribution will only get better under MJ. The other side of the coin is comparing him to say McConville at Accy, whose goals and assists were very impressive and instrumental in their success. He totally ran the show at BP and is the type you need to be at the top end of the league. As i said, i can see both viewpoints.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 13, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 39
For me its a not arsed if he does not arsed if he doesn't situation.
Posted by: Mariner93er, June 13, 2018, 10:43am; Reply: 40
He played a cracking ball to dembele for his goal at port vale, one that a lot of players in the league wouldnt be capable of. I dont think his stats matter too much when you consider how bad the team last season was.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 13, 2018, 11:10am; Reply: 41
Quoted from Mariner55

In what way is this anything other than offensive?  

Every way ?

Posted by: UTMariners, June 13, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 42
We really missed him when he was out injured last season...  And I'll never forget the corner he put in for Matt's winner against County. Get him signed, happy with 2 years.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 13, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 43
I would be happy with Summerfield as the holding midfielder, the one who lets the others push on and create.  Unless you're going to get two quality players who can do it all from midfield, the likelihood you'll need someone who's willing to sacrifice them for the good of the team.  This is even more applicable if you've got full-backs who push on.  Naturally, these tends to be players who are less technically gifted.

Let's just say Jolley recruits the next Shaun Cunnington/John Cockerill or Paul Groves/Wayne Burnett pairing, that's a different ball game altogether.  At this level it's more likely to pair a more creative, technical and attack minded midfielder with one who is more willing and capable of doing the dirty side of the game.

If I had the choice of Summerfield in that role or Mitch Rose, I would opt for Summerfield every time.

Two year deal doesn't bother me at all.  If we have a successful season, players at this club will be in decent demand from others even if they haven't featured on a regular basis.  It'll be much easier to move players on than the situation we have at the minute with the likes of Dixon and Kelly.  I think giving longer deals also sends a message out that Jolley isn't interested in short-term thinking and he wants to build something for two, three, however many years.
Posted by: Tommy, June 13, 2018, 12:28pm; Reply: 44
I would be happy with Summerfield as the holding midfielder, the one who lets the others push on and create.  Unless you're going to get two quality players who can do it all from midfield, the likelihood you'll need someone who's willing to sacrifice them for the good of the team.  This is even more applicable if you've got full-backs who push on.  Naturally, these tends to be players who are less technically gifted.

Let's just say Jolley recruits the next Shaun Cunnington/John Cockerill or Paul Groves/Wayne Burnett pairing, that's a different ball game altogether.  At this level it's more likely to pair a more creative, technical and attack minded midfielder with one who is more willing and capable of doing the dirty side of the game.

If I had the choice of Summerfield in that role or Mitch Rose, I would opt for Summerfield every time.

Two year deal doesn't bother me at all.  If we have a successful season, players at this club will be in decent demand from others even if they haven't featured on a regular basis.  It'll be much easier to move players on than the situation we have at the minute with the likes of Dixon and Kelly. I think giving longer deals also sends a message out that Jolley isn't interested in short-term thinking and he wants to build something for two, three, however many years.

And maybe a bit more necessary with him wanting players to live more locally. Players less likely to want to uproot family for a one year deal.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 13, 2018, 12:55pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from jonnyboy82
For me its a not arsed if he does not arsed if he doesn't situation.

What is it with you and bottoms Jonnyboy ? ;D
Posted by: Bigdog, June 13, 2018, 1:06pm; Reply: 46

Two year deal doesn't bother me at all.  If we have a successful season, players at this club will be in decent demand from others even if they haven't featured on a regular basis.  It'll be much easier to move players on than the situation we have at the minute with the likes of Dixon and Kelly.  I think giving longer deals also sends a message out that Jolley isn't interested in short-term thinking and he wants to build something for two, three, however many years.

Ha ha Diehard. I agree with nearly everything you say, but football is a game of opinions isn't it.

Going forward I think Mitch Rose has much more scope for improvement and could be more effective than Summers with new signings under the tutelage of MF and with increased confidence gained from the end of last season.

Happy for Summers to be a dependable squad member, but I think we may improve immensely without Summers being the regular fulcrum of the team. The most common comment that fans can say about him is he "puts a shift in". Under Jolley every player will be doing exactly that. There is and always has been something missing out of his game in my opinion. Like someone at work who looks busy all of the time but you get to the end of the week and there's little end result. Pretty much any League Two footballer can get on the ball and knock it side to side all of the time and chase around and stick their foot in. Excuses have been made for Summers about assists and scoring, but at the end of the day, the facts don't lie and in truth are an accurate reflection of the fruits of his labour.

Summers looks industrious and he is industrious but his output to the team in effectiveness falls short. It's been the same for two seasons and at 30ish I can't see him improving. His ceiling level is mid table League Two and we need better if we are looking to push on further than that. I'm a fan of his attitude but I think we definitely need to change things up, and with Clifton, Woolford, Rose, Kelly already signed up, if Summers signs, having five squad members from last seasons midfield doesn't give great enough leeway for signings to improve us in that position. The euphoria of staying up has seemed to rose tint the team performance over those last half a dozen games. We had to fight and scrap for every point in that period. We didn't dominate any games and playing with that intensity in tight matches accumulating that kind of points in the last six games cannot be sustained over a season with the same players. We will need an upgrade in CM to dominate in more games which will push us further up the league.

Summers > Woolford, but as Woolford has already signed, I'm not sure we need both..
Posted by: Maringer, June 13, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 47
Rose doesn't have the 'engine' that Summerfield does. He looked worn out after an hour most games last season though this did improve right near the end (possibly due to the new training regime?). Regardless, he isn't capable of carrying out the same role as Summerfield, though he obviously has his own strengths - not least of which is, well, strength!

Despite the improvement to Rose's stamina late in the season, you can't make somebody as athletic as Summerfield just by training them better - it's a natural genetic ability to be able to keep running for 90 minutes. Once he had established himself in the team last season, I seem to recall that Summerfield played pretty much every minute that he was fit. Having such great workrate and energy is an asset in itself and it must be helpful to managers to know that they have a player who will always keep on going to the end - gives other options for substitutions.
Posted by: RichMariner, June 13, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 48
This 'living locally' thing is going to be very interesting.

Based on very little evidence, I do feel like it'll make a positive difference. The thing that most great teams (at any level) have is a strong bond and great camaraderie. Didn't McKeown say there's still a WhatsApp group with most of the 15/16 promotion team on it?

That's an example in the social world, but to replicate that in the physical world will be fascinating to follow. If a few players fancy a night out up Meggies, it'll be much easier for everyone else to tag along if they live here.

It might seem a small part but I believe it's a significant part - and I'm glad to see the manager leading it from the front.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 13, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Bigdog

Ha ha Diehard. I agree with nearly everything you say, but football is a game of opinions isn't it.

Be a dull old game if we all thought the same.

Interesting that you point out about rose-tinted glasses as that's exactly how I view Mitch Rose at the minute.  Don't get me wrong, we needed someone to stand up and be counted when it counted and boy did he stand up.  But I don't actually think his performances were great.  His fitness did, which just highlights how poor things were under Slade but take away the long throw we discovered he had and his penalties, I'm not sure he offered a great deal.  Definitely not anywhere near as much as Summerfield.  Again, opinions.

What I do agree with is the point about Woolford re-signing and Rose already here plus Summerfield potentially re-signing leaves us with 3 players who were part of the problem for long parts of the season.  I think we've all identified the root cause was Slade and there's no doubt that collectively the side improved beyond belief under Jolley.  But you can only polish for so long and I'd be amazed if we're not looking for some greater quality in that area.  But with those 3 plus Clifton (who Jolley has stated is a player he sees moving into a central role) that doesn't leave a lot of room for too many coming in.  If we start the season with a first choice midfield of the one that ended the season, I'll be surprised and probably a little bit disappointed.  I was surprised that he offered both Woolford and Summerfield new deals for that reason, however we have to trust Jolley.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 13, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 50
You could also add that, under Sladeball, that the midfield barely ever got the ball at their feet, rendering them redundant for large parts of the game
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 13, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 51
Could say exactly the same for the strikers too!
Posted by: forza ivano, June 13, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 52
re rose - think it's fair to say he looks like one bloke who took advantage of the lax regime under Slade, however coming under Jolley's beady eye seems to have improved him no end. He's still pretty young and i think there's more to come from him, whereas summerfield is probably playing at somewhere near his peak imho. Also i noticed rose getting into the penalty box a number of times (witness the awful miss at wycombe :() , unlike summerfield who tends to take   pot shot from distance as his only attacking option
Posted by: Maringer, June 13, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from forza ivano
Also i noticed rose getting into the penalty box a number of times (witness the awful miss at wycombe :() , unlike summerfield who tends to take   pot shot from distance as his only attacking option

Didn't a number of Rose's misses come from Summerfield's crosses/set pieces into the box? Putting a decent ball into the box is an attacking option as well.

I don't really get why some are so negative about Summerfield when he was our best player last season - OK, it was a terrible season, but most of this wasn't because of anything Summerfield did or didn't do. His shooting may have been pretty poor last year, but he was playing the defensive midfield role so criticising him for not being enough of an attacking threat seems a bit harsh!

Has Kante got stick from Leicester and Chelsea fans for averaging about 1 goal a season over the past few years when playing a similarly defensive role?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 13, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 54
He is the kind of player you notice only when he isn't there. We picked up a lot when he came back from injury. He does the legwork pretty well and we look much better defensively when he plays. I also seem to remember that he was unlucky in terms of goals last season im sure he hit the woodwork loads of times.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 13, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 55
It’s pretty much the end of Wednesday, what are the chances he hasn’t signed? Bentley 10
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 13, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Mariner_09
It’s pretty much the end of Wednesday, what are the chances he hasn’t signed? Bentley 10

How long were they given to sign does anybody know ?
Posted by: oochiad, June 13, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 57
Well I agree with Jolley, Summerfield deserves his two year deal. He was outstanding last season whilst pretty much everyone around was shite. No assists? He played in plenty of excellent balls but we had no one with the vision or skill to finish. I’ll be very dissapointed if he doesn’t sign. Can’t wait for next season to begin UTM!
Posted by: Hannilowe, June 13, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Mariner_09

He might have done, probably the club's attempt at PR. Maybe its worth seeing if we hear anything tomorrow?
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 13, 2018, 7:17pm; Reply: 59
For Summerfield, see also Bobby Mitchell, Phil Bonnyman etc - maligned midfielders who you notice most when they aren’t around
Posted by: Youngy, June 13, 2018, 7:51pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from LondonMariner43
For Summerfield, see also Bobby Mitchell, Phil Bonnyman etc - maligned midfielders who you notice most when they aren’t around

Add Stacey Coldicott and James Hunt to that. Hunt made Peter Sweeney look amazing doing all his donkey work.
Posted by: Meza, June 13, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Youngy

Add Stacey Coldicott and James Hunt to that. Hunt made Peter Sweeney look amazing doing all his donkey work.

and Cunnington if not already mentioned
Posted by: Cloudy, June 13, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Meza

and Cunnington if not already mentioned

Cunnington was never maligned, more idolised in my opinion
Posted by: fleabag1970, June 13, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 63
Summerfield isn't fit to clean cunningtons  boots
Posted by: Caveman, June 13, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 64
Cunnington couldn't shoot particularly well but he was hell of a player,
but he had better footballers around him.

Let's hope Summers has similar help next season. Even Cunnington
( or Cockers ) would have struggled in Slade's team.
Posted by: fleabag1970, June 13, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 65
Cunnington scored plenty
Posted by: Hannilowe, June 13, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from fleabag1970
Cunnington scored plenty

13 goals in 182 appearances is hardly plenty
Posted by: Maringer, June 13, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 67
Cunnington was a much better player than Summerfield (which is why we sold him for £650K in 1992), but that's hardly relevant.

For me, I didn't think Derek Niven was that bad, either. I think I just don't mind the 'Yard Dog' type of player!
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 13, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 68
Summerfield is abit of a Michael Leary type. A real trier who is forgiven much because of that, but ultimately not good enough.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 13, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 69
Leary makes summerfield look like ronald koeman.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 13, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Summerfield is abit of a Michael Leary type. A real trier who is forgiven much because of that, but ultimately not good enough.

Good enough for what? Our current situation/level or a romanticism for the Buckley era? Remember we didn’t secure safety until injury time in the penultimate game last season.

The manager who’s better informed than we are thinks he’s good enough as he’s offered him a new deal that speaks volumes for me.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 13, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 71

Michael Leary is one of the worst players ever to pull on the famous black and white shirt so your comparison is ludicrous.

A good player is Summerfield; in a better team he would be very useful. I hope he signs but what will be will be.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 13, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Leary makes summerfield look like ronald koeman.

I don't think they look anything alike!
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 13, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Good enough for what? Our current situation/level or a romanticism for the Buckley era? Remember we didn’t secure safety until injury time in the penultimate game last season.

The manager who’s better informed than we are thinks he’s good enough as he’s offered him a new deal that speaks volumes for me.

It's this comment that makes me wonder why some on here are delighted we have signed or have offered to sign several of the mainstays of last season which for the vast majority was excrement.  
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, June 13, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 74
I think Jolley knows which players he got the best out of and that he can work with. It's important he doesn't change everything at once because it takes new teams 10 games plus to gel. Let's remember the same players that nearly got us relegated for a time last year flirted with the play offs early doors. If Jolley has identified those that could do that then well done.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 13, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's this comment that makes me wonder why some on here are delighted we have signed or have offered to sign several of the mainstays of last season which for the vast majority was excrement.  

Or some of the mainstays who were top of the form table by the end of the season? Only opinion I know, but I'd love to be told which outfield player was better than Summers last season.
Posted by: immariner, June 13, 2018, 11:57pm; Reply: 76
I'd be surprised, maybe even a little disappointed if we've offered LS a two year deal. He was one of our better performers last year, in an obviously excrement season, but I think for his performances and effort in the last 10 games especially, he deserves a space in the squad. 1 year with an option in the club's favour to extend would be the way I would go.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 14, 2018, 12:07am; Reply: 77
Quoted from immariner
I'd be surprised, maybe even a little disappointed if we've offered LS a two year deal. He was one of our better performers last year, in an obviously excrement season, and I think for his performances and effort in the last 10 games especially, he deserves a space in the squad. 1 year with an option in the club's favour to extend would be the way I would go.

But he's 30 and I'm sure he will be looking for a 2 year deal somewhere. If it's to be believed, MJ is clearly looking for players to move this way as well, then I can see why he want 2 years.
Posted by: immariner, June 14, 2018, 12:23am; Reply: 78
Quoted from MuddyWaters

But he's 30 and I'm sure he will be looking for a 2 year deal somewhere. If it's to be believed, MJ is clearly looking for players to move this way as well, then I can see why he want 2 years.

I've no idea where LS lives but if it's fairly local, he's settled and there aren't that many other offers forthcoming, he may have to settle for a year or a year with an option. Though he was one or our better performers last year, I don't think he did enough to earn a more attractive contract offer than a year with an option ro extend.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 14, 2018, 12:52am; Reply: 79
I get why he's been offered a two year deal (if true). I think the Stacy Coldicott comparison is a good one. Every team needs a water carrier. Niven was a good comparison too Maringer.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 14, 2018, 4:12am; Reply: 80
I want this team to be pushing for promotion. That’s not some sort of Buckleyesque romanticism, it’s simply what we should all want. There’s no reason why that shouldn’t be the case either. I’ve seen very little to suggest Summerfield is good enough for that sort or team. His less than stellar career backs this up.
I’ve nothing against the bloke and as mentioned previously, he has earnt a lot of leeway due to the effort he puts in, but if he plays more than 30 games in a team that wins promotion, I’ll. e borrowing Johnnyboys infamous sausage.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 14, 2018, 6:44am; Reply: 81
I want this team to be pushing for promotion. That’s not some sort of Buckleyesque romanticism, it’s simply what we should all want. There’s no reason why that shouldn’t be the case either. I’ve seen very little to suggest Summerfield is good enough for that sort or team. His less than stellar career backs this up.
I’ve nothing against the bloke and as mentioned previously, he has earnt a lot of leeway due to the effort he puts in, but if he plays more than 30 games in a team that wins promotion, I’ll. e borrowing Johnnyboys infamous sausage.

He has played a lot of games at Championship level and many Plymouth fans said he had done well at that level. It may not be Champions League but he has spent a fair amount of time playing pretty regular above struggling league two level.

I think Summerfield is a far better footballer than many give him credit for, a decent passer and can drive at the opposition when given licence.

I would be pleased to see him sign a new deal
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 82
if he plays more than 30 games in a team that wins promotion, I’ll. e borrowing Johnnyboys infamous sausage.

Well, that statement adds a bit of frisson to the coming season.

You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk should he win promotion with a team either here or elsewhere?

(Actually, walking might not be the best idea with a saveloy jammed where the sun doesn't shine)  ??)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 14, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 83
Quoted from arryarryarry

Well MJ seems quite happy with him as he’s offered him and others a deal......apparently.

I get and agree that we should try and sign the best players we can but considering where we’ve been and where we are I reckon we’ll not be an instant choice for the cream of league 2 for a season or so.

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 14, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 84

Would you have said the same about Scott Brown and Kayden Jackson when they left us... They've just won the league with Accrington!
Posted by: sam gy, June 14, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 85
Seems like some have short memories and he's reverted back to the player he was in the first half of his first season in the last few weeks!  - Yes he had a very indifferent season in his first here, but so did we as a club - and he spent half of the season away on loan.

Last season he was our MOM/Star man in SO many games...I know on the whole we had a crap season, but he had some brilliant performances. His set piece delivery was very good as well, IMO. If it takes a 2 year deal to get him to stay, give him it.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 14, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 86
It may be that Summerfield will do better as the club does better. How many people would have said Rodman would play so many L1 games last season? A bit more room to play and better players around him may see a different Summerfield.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 14, 2018, 10:16am; Reply: 87
Your average fan is notoriously bad as a judge of a player. Managers look for and see different things to us. They are looking for a balanced team and squad that works well as a unit, and is more than the sum of it's parts. We have had many much maligned players over the years, as i'm sure most teams have. How many times have we heard " he's excrement, don't know how he keeps getting in the side" or "he's the managers favourite". We've just signed one such player in Davis, who only got so many games at Crewe because "he's the son of the manager".

Ultimately, the manager has to decide how he wants to spend his budget and on whom. He will stand or fall by his decisions and we can opine all we want about who we should give contracts to, but it's his job to actually do it and build a side that can win enough games to challenge the top of the league. I think Summerfield, based on what i have seen, certainly has the right attitude and not a little skill, so on balance, i think it would be more of a positive signing than a negative one. If he decides to move on, then fair enough and good luck.
Posted by: Bigdog, June 14, 2018, 11:22am; Reply: 88
Quoted from ginnywings
Your average fan is notoriously bad as a judge of a player. Managers look for and see different things to us. They are looking for a balanced team and squad that works well as a unit, and is more than the sum of it's parts. We have had many much maligned players over the years, as i'm sure most teams have. How many times have we heard " he's excrement, don't know how he keeps getting in the side" or "he's the managers favourite". We've just signed one such player in Davis, who only got so many games at Crewe because "he's the son of the manager".

Ultimately, the manager has to decide how he wants to spend his budget and on whom. He will stand or fall by his decisions and we can opine all we want about who we should give contracts to, but it's his job to actually do it and build a side that can win enough games to challenge the top of the league. I think Summerfield, based on what i have seen, certainly has the right attitude and not a little skill, so on balance, i think it would be more of a positive signing than a negative one. If he decides to move on, then fair enough and good luck.

Agree with you Ginny. I don't think anyone has criticised Summers as such on this thread at all. Some like me have measured his abilities against the ambition of getting out of this league that's all. What speaks volumes is that Macca was offered a three year deal by MJ and Summers was offered a one year deal. If MJ signs up Summers to a two year contract then I'll be a bit more convinced that our manager has the faith in him to drive us out of this league. And if that happens and we do get promoted with Summers playing a pivotal role, I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong in my assessment of the player..
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 14, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 89
Throwing another "much-maligned" name into the mix.....Tommy Widdrington.

Took plenty of stick in his time here but sitting at the top of The Findus Stand (or whatever it was called then) I didn't think he was that bad a player and a lot of the stick he got was undeserved.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 14, 2018, 11:27am; Reply: 90
Quoted from Bigdog

Agree with you Ginny. I don't think anyone has criticised Summers as such on this thread at all. Some like me have measured his abilities against the ambition of getting out of this league that's all. What speaks volumes is that Macca was offered a three year deal by MJ and Summers was offered a one year deal. If MJ signs up Summers to a two year contract then I'll be a bit more convinced that our manager has the faith in him to drive us out of this league. And if that happens and we do get promoted with Summers playing a pivotal role, I'll be the first to hold my hands up and say I was wrong in my assessment of the player..

How do you know this?
Posted by: Bigdog, June 14, 2018, 11:34am; Reply: 91
Quoted from Cloudy

How do you know this?

I'm sure I read it somewhere that Summers was offered a one year and was holding out for two. Apologies if I've got it wrong.. All will come out in the wash anyway if he signs or leaves and if he stays what sort of role he has within the squad next season. As with all of us, I'm only quoting supposition and speculation I suppose..
Posted by: moosey_club, June 14, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 92
for my tuppence ha'penny ...

standout player last season, played at a consistent standard throughout , superior fitness wise to any other player IMO , decent corner delivery.  Broke up so much of the opposition play last season and seemed to be everywhere at times....many games he was the one player who had tracked runners and put in vital tackles to save our centre halves blushes....

having said all that....zero goals, minimal assists in open play and limited in possession .....

came back from the dead really and deserves huge credit for that given he was just about every bodies boo boy the previous season.

If he could replicate last seasons form then i think there would be a place for him for his work rate, disruption and forward drive alone...but we need additional on the ball quality in there, whether that means he does all the running for someone like Woolford or A.N Other and just gives the ball to them when he wins it back or MJ has a cunning formation to utilise his abilities then we shall see.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 14, 2018, 1:03pm; Reply: 93
People seem to think he lacks ability. Last season he was the only player that could regularly ping a pass 20 to 30 yards acurately and also the only one who could receive the ball and already know where he was going to pass it to before it arrived, often not even needing a touch before laying it off. He is by far the best midfielder at the club currently, looking at last seasons performances.
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 14, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Les Brechin
Throwing another "much-maligned" name into the mix.....Tommy Widdrington.

Took plenty of stick in his time here but sitting at the top of The Findus Stand (or whatever it was called then) I didn't think he was that bad a player and a lot of the stick he got was undeserved.

I think the Widdrington stick was down to a number of factors.  He was a replacement for Paul Groves but was a completely different type of player altogether so already onto a hiding to nothing.  We paid a relatively large fee for him so expectations were already heightened by then.  When he arrived Brian Laws was already disliked by a fair section of the crowd after the Bonetti incident.  As the side struggled he was boo-boy target probably as a result of a combination of all reasons listed above.

I actually thought he was ok, nothing special but half-decent.  Not sure he was worth the money we paid for him, but that's probably because we had got used to paying £5.40 and half a worn training bib for quality players that had somehow gone completely under the radar.

Back to Summerfield, the criticism seems to centre around that he doesn't score or create enough chances.  If our strikers had been remotely competent for large parts of the season just gone, he would probably have had double figures of assists.  Nevertheless, I couldn't care less if individuals score X or set up Y amounts of goals.  The collective is always stronger than the individual and if Summerfield allows others to set up chances/score goals, then that's his contribution.  To paraphrase an overused expression about Didier Deschamps, every side needs a water carrier.  
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2018, 1:27pm; Reply: 95
I really, really didn't rate Widdrington. Apt to disappear from games and with an annoying habit of pointing to space which I think was probably intended to get his teammates to cover it, but generally gave the opposition an indiciation of where they should be passing the ball! Not a patch on Groves, of course, so perhaps I was expecting too much from him, especially considering the hefty transfer fee.
Posted by: rancido, June 14, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 96

Michael Leary is one of the worst players ever to pull on the famous black and white shirt so your comparison is ludicrous.

A good player is Summerfield; in a better team he would be very useful. I hope he signs but what will be will be.

And this statement is rubbish! In 50 years of watching GTFC I have seen a considerable number of town players who were considerably worse then Michael Leary. Fans forget some of the absolute dunnage we have had that have pulled on the famous black and white shirt over the years.
Posted by: Superdan147, June 14, 2018, 3:21pm; Reply: 97
This time last year, I’d of been more than happy for someone to take summers off our hands, a year on and I’m hoping he signs an extension which is a huge credit to him. Without doubt he’s been one of our best players this season and he’s definately shown he’s a good player at this level. I see no reason why he couldn’t be a part of a team in the top 7.

I think too many of us wrote him off last year just simply for the face that he was a part of the York city relegation squad the previous season and a few of their fans slagged him off on social media. The facts are this season he has been very good and his career in fotball speaks for itself. Played most of his football in the championship and league one and has had a promotion out of league two. He plays with energy,passion and desire and he’s a good footballer. I see his role next year to protect the back 4. To take the ball from the back players and start our build up play. So the argument of that he doesn’t score any is quite ridiculous. It’s not his role to score 10-15 a season, it’s to break up play, help us keep shape, start the build up from the back.

Having said that, he does add to our attacking play...maybe some are forgetting the good set piece play (set up matt away at Barnet and also the winner against Notts county) and is a very good passer of the ball long and short. Perhaps people also forget the superb spot and execution to assist demebele at port vale. He’s of a good age and always seem to be available. A good pro.

Hes also an experienced player and one who can help the younger lads (there’ll be plenty of them this year) and id be very disappointed if he doesn’t sign
Posted by: Cloudy, June 14, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 98
I wouldnt be surprised if his agent can find him a deal closer to his home in Bolton
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 14, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Cloudy
I wouldnt be surprised if his agent can find him a deal closer to his home in Bolton

He was born in Devon!

Is he living in Bolton now then as I can't understand why going by his former clubs.
Posted by: Cloudy, June 14, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Les Brechin

He was born in Devon!

Is he living in Bolton now then as I can't understand why going by his former clubs.

That is where he lives and has done for a while
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 14, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Cloudy

That is where he lives and has done for a while

Strange. I wonder why. He's never played for a team in that area.
Posted by: Alfie, June 14, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 102
Quoted from Les Brechin

He was born in Devon!

Maybe he has people other than him in his life (e.g. a girlfriend/ wife)? Crazy eh.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 14, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 103
Quoted from Alfie

Maybe he has people other than him in his life (e.g. a girlfriend/ wife)? Crazy eh.

Just seems strange to me that a professional footballer lives so far away from any club he's ever played for. Must have done a hell of a lot of travelling in his time over the years.
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 104
Quoted from Les Brechin

Just seems strange to me that a professional footballer lives so far away from any club he's ever played for. Must have done a hell of a lot of travelling in his time over the years.

Perhaps he just really hates his neighbours?  :)
Posted by: golfer, June 14, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 105
Two seasons ago he lived in Lands End and used to travel to Grimsby on the morning of the match [on his bike] that's why he didn't have many good games. But then Slade got him one of Towns club houses in Bolton which is a lot nearer. That's why his form improved last season although he still rides up each Saturday. To me this was the only thing Slade did right.Couldn't we invest in a moped-I'm sure he's worth it
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 14, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 106
Maybe he has been told he has to live local.

Same with Collins so I do not expect either to sign,

MJ will find us someone as good if not better.
Posted by: Meza, June 14, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 107
Summers played for Plymouth early in his career.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 14, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from grimsby pete
Maybe he has been told he has to live local.

Same with Collins so I do not expect either to sign,

MJ will find us someone as good if not better.

Maybe he’s been told he can have a 2 year deal if he moves this way. Interesting that he and Wooly use the same ex pro for fitness. (On Luke’s Twitter!)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 14, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from rancido

And this statement is rubbish! In 50 years of watching GTFC I have seen a considerable number of town players who were considerably worse then Michael Leary. Fans forget some of the absolute dunnage we have had that have pulled on the famous black and white shirt over the years.

I have been watching a lot longer than a mere 50 years and I can say with some certainty that Michael Leary is one of the worst players I have ever seen. All about personal opinions of course.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 14, 2018, 10:01pm; Reply: 110
My abiding memory of Leary is when he rattled the bar from about 35 yards out that night at Notts County in the relegation season!

He was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen, worked hard but wasn't even a very good ball winner and he couldn't pass wind.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 14, 2018, 10:08pm; Reply: 111
Maybe the only GTFC player ever with the middle name Antonio.
Posted by: friskneymariner, June 14, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from Mariner_09
My abiding memory of Leary is when he rattled the bar from about 35 yards out that night at Notts County in the relegation season!

He was one of the worst footballers I've ever seen, worked hard but wasn't even a very good ball winner and he couldn't pass wind.

My abiding memory of Leary is him throwing up in a televised match against Luton.

If I remember correctly did he not have a medical condition.
Posted by: Abdul19, June 14, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 113
Club foot?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 14, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 114
Quoted from Mariner_09

He was a total shocker, and you also have to remember he was playing for us in one of our lowest ever league position so he would not have been very good had he been our star man!

I remember he never got anywhere near the ball, and when he did he had no clue what to do with it. I don't want to be too harsh - he was playing at a very low level in a very poor team but in my opinion at least,  he is right up there in the "worst to play for us" category without a doubt.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 14, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from Abdul19
Club foot?

;D

He was rubbish. It's a sad day when you go and watch your team, and it contains players that you watch and think they look no better than i was at their age as an amateur player. Where's the mystique and romance in that? The whole Newell/Woods period was the worst time ever supporting the Mariners. Hurst and Scott got rid of him as soon as they could, and then compounded it by bringing in Church, who was no better. I still shudder at the standard of football we had to endure in those grim times. Even as poor as we were last season for a long stretch, it still wasn't as bad as then.

Leary was definitely a low in player recruitment and easily one of the worst players to ever pull on the black and white stripes.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 15, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 116

I have been watching a lot longer than a mere 50 years and I can say with some certainty that Michael Leary is one of the worst players I have ever seen. All about personal opinions of course.

He did put a big smile on my face when he knocked the mascots head off at Kettering though. ;D
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, June 15, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 117
Quoted from grimsby pete

He did put a big smile on my face when he knocked the mascots head off at Kettering though. ;D

I remember when Jamie Clarke rugby tackled the Lincoln mascot away right in front of all the town fans.
Posted by: UTMariners, June 15, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 118

He was a total shocker, and you also have to remember he was playing for us in one of our lowest ever league position so he would not have been very good had he been our star man!

I remember he never got anywhere near the ball, and when he did he had no clue what to do with it. I don't want to be too harsh - he was playing at a very low level in a very poor team but in my opinion at least,  he is right up there in the "worst to play for us" category without a doubt.

I remember when we signed him some Barnet fan came on here and said you are definitely going down now you've signed Leary!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 15, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 119
but he had local connections, liked to get stuck in and one of the earliest (if not the original) Town recipient of the 2 Unlimited No Limits based chant......

Cult figure il my eyes ......

oops... darl keyboard pnaying up
Posted by: bigdavemariner, June 15, 2018, 12:31pm; Reply: 120
Remember Leary having a stormer of a game one Tuesday night. Was playing out of his skin, then got clattered right in front of the lower smiths and was knocked out cold. Was out of it for a good 5 mins, tried standing up and could barely hold himself up.
Was shite again after that.

Nice fella any time I ever spoke to him
Posted by: UTMariners, June 15, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 121
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Remember Leary having a stormer of a game one Tuesday night. Was playing out of his skin, then got clattered right in front of the lower smiths and was knocked out cold. Was out of it for a good 5 mins, tried standing up and could barely hold himself up.
Was shite again after that.

Nice fella any time I ever spoke to him

Agreed really nice bloke, but cant remember anything good about him on the pitch..
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 15, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 122
What Antoine-Curier he was feckin shoite, total garbage, if he'd played alongside another totally shoite striker - Scott McGarvey, the latter would have seemed like Van Basten in comparison...
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 15, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
What Antoine-Curier he was feckin shoite, total garbage, if he'd played alongside another totally shoite striker - Scott McGarvey, the latter would have seemed like Van Basten in comparison...

Antoine-Currier was shocking and I can't believe that he went on to have a half-decent career in Scotland. I do think that says more about the standard of Scottish football though.  ;)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 15, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 124
Anyway....................Any news on Luke Summerfield ?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 15, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 125
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Anyway....................Any news on Luke Summerfield ?

I'm sure Jolley said in an interview a few weeks ago that Summers was on holiday somewhere, I could be imagining this of course.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 15, 2018, 7:01pm; Reply: 126
Antoine-Curier was the one pro footballer who I thought I could genuinely do a better job than
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 15, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 127

I'm sure Jolley said in an interview a few weeks ago that Summers was on holiday somewhere, I could be imagining this of course.

He’s back now as he put something on Twitter about a fitness session he had yesterday.

Something will happen soon as his deal runs out June 30th
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, June 15, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 128
I hope that he stays.  Our escape from relegation coincided with Summerfield's return and his determined, energetic and dominant midfield performances.  
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:47am