Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 8, 2018, 3:59pm
Max Wright has been nominated for the Evostik Northern Premier League Goal of the Season.

You can watch the three contender goals in the video and can vote on the link below if you have a Twitter account.

[tweet]1004346873321320448[/tweet]
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 8, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 1

Can't vote (would vote for Max) as I don't have a twitter account but have to say all 3 goals were good enough to win it.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 8, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 2
At any level of football that’s a brilliant goal!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 9, 2018, 8:56am; Reply: 3
Wright’s goal was good but the 3rd wins it for me
Posted by: Meza, June 9, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 4
the volley where the ball flies over his head is a very difficult skill, but chances are eventually out of 5 attempts (maybe more) you will connect with the ball and score, Max has had to run from the half way line being pursued by 2 players to then slip past them and curl a left foot shot into the top corner.  Max for me but only just.
Posted by: RonMariner, June 11, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 5
Fantastic goal.

These goal of the season or goal of the month often go to the spectacular long range efforts or eye catching volleys. These are often hit or miss affairs.

But Wright's goal involved running at pace from his own half, going past several defenders, a sharp turn with close control and a well placed shot curved into the top corner. It involved so many football skills to execute.  Truly excellent.  
Posted by: RonMariner, June 11, 2018, 11:18am; Reply: 6
Oops, Meza beat me to it! Sorry for the repetition!
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:00am