Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, May 31, 2018, 9:45am
Favourite for the Carlisle job!! Those poor cumbrians😭😭
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 31, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 1
Slade & Clarke surely can't get another football league club!
Posted by: denni266, May 31, 2018, 10:04am; Reply: 2
Can fenty go with him pls
Posted by: kamakazebear, May 31, 2018, 10:04am; Reply: 3
Well that would be one less relegation spot to have to worry about
Posted by: Caesar, May 31, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 4
Do they not remember how desperately they cleared snow to ensure they got to play the unmotivated and clueless side that baldy had left us with?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 31, 2018, 10:57am; Reply: 5
Wow there going backwards 😂 good luck with that, least if it snows the ball will be in the air most of the time so no need to call it off 😂
Posted by: GrimRob, May 31, 2018, 11:13am; Reply: 6
I wouldn't employ him if he agreed to work for zero wages. I'd be staggered if he got his next job at a full-time club.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 31, 2018, 11:15am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Hagrid
Favourite for the Carlisle job!! Those poor cumbrians😭😭

Wilko is available for assistant 😉

Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 31, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 8
Another holiday in 6 months for him then when he gets sacked and is sat on the beach counting his payoff .

Easiest living going this bloke has..
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, May 31, 2018, 11:29am; Reply: 9
Can we play them home first game of the season please...
Posted by: livosnose, May 31, 2018, 11:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Can we play them home first game of the season please...

I'd fly 2500 miles home to see his reception !

Posted by: grimsby pete, May 31, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 11
I think we should all be honest about Mr Slade as we have a responsibility to Carlisle to tell the truth.

Mr Slade is a very good manager who was let down by certain players who did not want to be here

If they appoint him I hope he does sign Clarke because he was the best centre half in the division last season,

I hope he does not come back here to take any of our best players like Kelly and our brilliant left back who's name escapes me. ;),
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, May 31, 2018, 11:40am; Reply: 12
Slade is the final chapter. The apocalypse is upon them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cumbria/content/articles/2005/03/02/carlisle_cursing_stone_feature.shtml
Posted by: golfer, May 31, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from livosnose

I'd fly 2500 miles home to see his reception !

I'd fly 10000 miles to smoke a Camel
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 31, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete
I think we should all be honest about Mr Slade as we have a responsibility to Carlisle to tell the truth.

Mr Slade is a very good manager who was let down by certain players who did not want to be here

If they appoint him I hope he does sign Clarke because he was the best centre half in the division last season,

I hope he does not come back here to take any of our best players like Kelly and our brilliant left back who's name escapes me. ;),

And we need to highlight the exciting brand of football the likes of which has not been seen since April and what riveting power point presentations he does no more counting sheep up there
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 31, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 15
I wouldn't wish Slade on Scunny or the Gimps never mind a nice small club like them
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 31, 2018, 2:46pm; Reply: 16
I wouldn't wish Slade on Scunny or the Gimps never mind a nice small club like them

I couldn't agree less - Slade appointed Scunny manager would be one of the funniest outcomes ever.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 31, 2018, 2:59pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Another holiday in 6 months for him then when he gets sacked and is sat on the beach counting his payoff .

Easiest living going this bloke has..

I am honestly convinced that is his business model. Every decision he made while he was here was made to speed the day he was sacked. He can blame each sacking on the vagaries of football and claim his previous employer was a sacking club. He's little more than a con man.
Posted by: chaos33, May 31, 2018, 3:13pm; Reply: 18
I agree. It's appalling that he continues to accrue money in pay offs for professional failure.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 31, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 19
His recent record is there for all to see.

Anyone that gives him a contract deserves everything they get.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 31, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 20
Good point ron.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 31, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 21

Anyone heard if Slade has applied for the Real Madrid job yet ?   8)
Posted by: Garth, May 31, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 22
Biggest con man is the game
Posted by: Maringer, May 31, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 23
He'd have to give one hell of a good interview to secure a managerial job considering his record over the past couple of years!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 31, 2018, 11:54pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from golfer

I'd fly 10000 miles to smoke a Camel

Can you get papers big enough?
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 1, 2018, 8:13am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Maringer
He'd have to give one hell of a good interview to secure a managerial job considering his record over the past couple of years!

To be fair Maringer, anyone that has spoken to him will tell you.  He does indeed talk a very good game.

But if a professional group of directors interviewing don't go by his actual results, it's their lookout.  
Posted by: Townee82, June 1, 2018, 8:18am; Reply: 26
What's the odds on sack by Xmas ? Wonder if he wants Dixon and Kelly , that would be a bounus.
Posted by: buckstown, June 1, 2018, 8:23am; Reply: 27
"My brief from the board was to slash the playing budget and I did that very successfully. Of course their only aim was survival and we would have done that with comfort if the board had held their nerve. You see I'm a builder not a quick fix man and if I could plug my pc in I've got a little powerpoint to illustrate my tactical approach"
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 1, 2018, 8:26am; Reply: 28
If Slade inherits a good squad, he will do fine, like he did with us when he first returned.

It's when you give him a transfer window that it all goes wrong.

I seem to think Carlisle have let a lot of players go that the fans aren't happy about, so he isn't even going to inherit a good squad....

I still can't believe we let him destroy a good League 2 team that we had
Posted by: buckstown, June 1, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 29
Did Keith Curle walk or get pushed?
Posted by: mariner91, June 1, 2018, 8:54am; Reply: 30
Carlisle are currently 16/1 to go down on Skybet. Might have to put a fiver on that. There's also talk on their forum of their budget being slashed so looks like they're in for a very difficult season if Slade is appointed.
Posted by: Tommy, June 1, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
If Slade inherits a good squad, he will do fine, like he did with us when he first returned.

It's when you give him a transfer window that it all goes wrong.

I seem to think Carlisle have let a lot of players go that the fans aren't happy about, so he isn't even going to inherit a good squad....

I still can't believe we let him destroy a good League 2 team that we had

In fairness, Slade inherited nothing like a good squad when was first with us. In fact I don't think there were even many players left on the books.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, June 1, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 32
How has he blagged this Carlisle gig. Bloody hell!
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, June 1, 2018, 10:25am; Reply: 33
Has he been appointed or is it just the rumour mill
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 1, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 34
Quoted from mariner91
Carlisle are currently 16/1 to go down on Skybet. Might have to put a fiver on that. There's also talk on their forum of their budget being slashed so looks like they're in for a very difficult season if Slade is appointed.

That`s a tenner going to be well spent.Poor old Carlisle Utd have done nothing to deserve him and it won`t end well.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 1, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 35
They will get relegated under Slade unless they get shot of him fast enough.
Posted by: acko338, June 1, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 36
I'm waiting for his new books to be published - "Tall tales and excellent excuses."

Only available in Powerpoint format !! - Comes with a pay to own personal presentation.

Also available - "How to hypnotise football club directors" - years of positive testimonials available from all Division levels !!
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 1, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 37
Has he been appointed or is it just the rumour mill

Nothing confirmed yet but he is currently 1/7 with Skybet to be their next manager.
Posted by: Ipswin, June 1, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 38
I don't think they will be relegated, don't really give a sh!t to be honest. He's an ex-manager and we're not supposed to go on about them are we?

I just hope the's not cupping his ear at us in the league games or next May in a play off game
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 1, 2018, 11:11am; Reply: 39
Quoted from Ipswin
I don't think they will be relegated, don't really give a sh!t to be honest. He's an ex-manager and we're not supposed to go on about them are we?

I just hope the's not cupping his ear at us in the league games or next May in a play off game

It's hard to forget about the guy who almost killed the club
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 1, 2018, 1:26pm; Reply: 40
Just had a little peek on the Carlisle forum. Safe to say they're not to enamoured about Mr Slade getting the job,

Got to say that I found this comment very interesting though. I wonder what they've based their thoughts on for that!

Quoted Text
Grimsby are a much smaller club than us with far less potential or expectation and he couldn't manage a mid table finish in league 2 that would have kept them happy.

Slade blew his big chance at Cardiff. How these journeymen keep getting chance after chance in the game is beyond me. Old mans club. Oh hang on....
Posted by: Cloudy, June 1, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 41
Carlisle board have has said Slade is not, nor has he ever, been in the running to be their next manager
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2018, 2:05pm; Reply: 42
Some of these forum types that have delusions of grandeur make my sides split. I would suggest that pretty much every balanced, intelligent football supporter with some sense of relative club standing would consider Grimsby Town and Carlisle United as clubs of about equal size.
Posted by: RichMariner, June 1, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 43
Well, in my lifetime I'd say we've enjoyed more success than they have. I remember us beating them 6-0 in a League Cup game in the late 90s when Buckley was still in charge, and I considered them lower league fodder along with the likes of Colchester, Shrewsbury, etc.

And when we slipped through the leagues down to their level, they went out of the league.

Then they came back up, so from around 2006 onwards they can perhaps argue that they've been ahead of us, having spent time in L1 while we had our own spell in non-league.

Only if you're under the age of 20 would you say Carlisle are a bigger club than us - and that's mostly based on league position. I don't know what their attendances are like.

Things like stature change over time so it's only really the here and now that counts. I'd have never said Burton or Yeovil are bigger than us but both clubs have been several divisions ahead of us at various points in recent history.
Posted by: craigy, June 1, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 44
It’s alright Slade can now apply for the Leeds job since they’ve just sacked yet another manager.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 1, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from craigy
It’s alright Slade can now apply for the Leeds job since they’ve just sacked yet another manager.

Blimey, he hardly got comfy in the seat did he.

According to the BBC Leeds are now looking to appoint their 10th manager since 2014!  ??)
Posted by: scrumble, June 1, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from chaos33
intelligent football supporter with some sense of relative club standing would consider Grimsby Town and Carlisle United as clubs of about equal size.

Average attendance for last year Grimsby 4657, Carlisle 4656. Yep, they're so much bigger than us.
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 47
Yup
Posted by: Maringer, June 1, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 48
I think Carlisle are perhaps a little 'bigger' than us on average as their catchment is a good bit bigger because they are the only pro club in that neck of the woods, but there's really not much in it. Even more remote than us, however!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 1, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from craigy

Guessing Heckinbottom will now head back to Barnsley!
Posted by: Spidey, June 1, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from scrumble

Average attendance for last year Grimsby 4657, Carlisle 4656. Yep, they're so much bigger than us.

Good job I went to a handful of games this season, that's why we topped Carlisle by one!!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, June 1, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Maringer
I think Carlisle are perhaps a little 'bigger' than us on average as their catchment is a good bit bigger because they are the only pro club in that neck of the woods, but there's really not much in it. Even more remote than us, however!

They really aren't! Not even a little bigger. I think it hilarious how every fans forum thinks they are bigger than they really are (including us) but so much is perception based on league standings at the time. Most of the football world think we are very small fry at the moment because for the last 15 years we have been in the doldrums (I have no idea who is responsible for that) and that mud sticks.

A lot of league 1 clubs are not bigger than us, but people are swayed by league positions. We must start clawing our way to our more natural position (upper end of league 1) pdq or else Carlisle fans along with those other giants of the game like Burton, Shrewsbury and co really will think we are tinpot.
Posted by: pen penfras, June 2, 2018, 9:06am; Reply: 52
Quoted from chaos33
Some of these forum types that have delusions of grandeur make my sides split. I would suggest that pretty much every balanced, intelligent football supporter with some sense of relative club standing would consider Grimsby Town and Carlisle United as clubs of about equal size.

Agree with you 100%. However some on here think that we should be in the championship. I doubt any of those people think that's where Carlisle should be. Funny old game
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, June 2, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 53
looking at all time English record we are nearly 30 places above Carlisle, the person who mentioned it must be ill-imformed and clearly biased for his team.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 2, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from pen penfras

Agree with you 100%. However some on here think that we should be in the championship. I doubt any of those people think that's where Carlisle should be. Funny old game

No, we were in the Championship before your mate took over.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:23am