Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner55, May 30, 2018, 11:23am
Now the composition of League 2 for 2018-19 is finalised the odds make a bit more sense.

On Bet365 Town are 40/1 to win outright, 10/1 to win promotion.  I reckon these odds are a bit shorter than they should be and probably show the bookies looking to cash in on an early market.

My hunch is that a week or so before the start of the season the odds may lengthen a bit.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 30, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 1
I would be surprised if Town's odds go out from that, if anything they'll be coming in.

I've read and heard quite a few national outlets praising Jolley and it won't be long before a few more start to tip us for success next season.  

Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy for us to fly under the radar but come the start of the season I fully expect we'll be a lot of peoples dark horses.
Posted by: lukeo, June 1, 2018, 8:15am; Reply: 2
10/1 is about right I think. I'll be putting us in my lucky 15 to be promoted this year. Undecided who else to put in though, might actually do some research for once this season. Last season I got 1 out of 4 (Wigan) but I did do to win the league outright last season.
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 3
Quite a few saying 7/1 was a good price a week or so ago. 10/1 bit more like it. I still think we'll drift out some more in the coming weeks.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, June 1, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 4
10-1 looks pretty fair to me - when the squads are assembled the bookies will have a better grasp on the season ahead.
Posted by: lukeo, June 1, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 5
Ipswich
Scunny
Grimsby
Wrexham
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 6
Ipswich to win the Championship?! Are you for real?
Posted by: Gtfc8279, June 1, 2018, 10:24pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33
Ipswich to win the Championship?! Are you for real?

Yeah we all know they’ll be top till xmas and then sign some shite loan players and end up scraping into the play offs
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 1, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from lukeo
Ipswich
Scunny
Grimsby
Wrexham

What's the odds ?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), June 3, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 9
Championship: Aston Villa
League One: Sunderland
League Two: MK Dons (hope not)
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 3, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 10
BP Vicar, be surprised if Villa manage top 6 this next season, understand they will be selling anyone decent or on too much money to comply with FFP.  As for our league I assume we are all playing for second spot as the "mighty Lincoln" will walk it this season!!!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), June 3, 2018, 3:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58
BP Vicar, be surprised if Villa manage top 6 this next season, understand they will be selling anyone decent or on too much money to comply with FFP.  As for our league I assume we are all playing for second spot as the "mighty Lincoln" will walk it this season!!!

I think they will get towards £30m for Grealish which will allow them to build a squad that will challenge. Though Stoke could do well if they keep hold of their better players. Tough league though. I do think Sunderland will absolutely urine league one.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, June 3, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 12
Fulham
Posh
Northampton
Barnet
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, June 3, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Fulham
Walsall
Northampton
Barnet

I can't see Fulham winning the Premier League.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 3, 2018, 4:06pm; Reply: 14
Boro
Sunderland
Lincoln (dare I say it)
Posted by: Willesden Mariner, June 3, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 15
We are still 10-1 with bet365 for promotion, other bookies go shorter. Seems a decent price to me.

Best odds for us to be champions is 50-1 with Betway.

Favourites for relegation are Morecambe, Yeovil and Macclesfield, with us joint 4th favourites with Crawley at 7-1.
Posted by: chaos33, June 3, 2018, 4:44pm; Reply: 16
Which is why people who were suggesting 7/1 for promotion as a good price now looks a bit daft. Until we've signed some players (and other teams have too), any sort of betting judgement is flawed. Bookies are still pricing us on the grounds that we nearly went down.
Posted by: topuphere666, June 3, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 17
Why are odds even being banded about. No one has a clue what the squads will look like around league 2 next season at this stage.
Posted by: chaos33, June 3, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 18
Exactly
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 4, 2018, 9:28am; Reply: 19
I did a thread like this last year for people to predict the winners of the leagues, any idea how I can find it to see if anyone did any good??
Posted by: FrazerGTFC, June 4, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 20
Manchester City
Leeds United
Barnsley
MK Dons
Chesterfield
Posted by: lukeo, June 4, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from lukeo
Ipswich
Scunny
Grimsby
Wrexham

Hahahahaha everyones going crazy saying Ipswich? I ment to put Derby because I think JT will use his contacts at Chelsea to bring in some decent loanees to add to already half decent squad
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 5, 2018, 1:29am; Reply: 22
[quote=449]

Hahahahaha everyones going crazy saying Ipswich? I ment to put Derby because I think JT will use his contacts at Chelsea to bring in some decent loanees to add to already half decent squad[/quote]

That's probably really useful but Frank Lampard is the current manager of Derby and I'm sure he'll want the final say on transfers.... 🤔😉
Posted by: Father Christmas, June 5, 2018, 1:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from lukeo

Hahahahaha everyones going crazy saying Ipswich? I ment to put Derby because I think JT will use his contacts at Chelsea to bring in some decent loanees to add to already half decent squad

FFS
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 5, 2018, 2:18pm; Reply: 24
50-1 for us on Betway? That’s something to grab now. Realistically we are about 16-1 and anything above 10th would be progress from last season.
That said I’m lumping  on us to be Champions cos I’m plain stupid
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 4:32am