Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, May 29, 2018, 9:02pm
Just watched England under 21v Mexico at the above tournament on freesports. Channel 95   on freeview.they are showing the whole competition which also includes scotland, in case anyone needs a free to air footy fix. Is a weird channel showing ice hockey, speedway and amateur rugby league from Cumbria villages! You then  go to the other extreme and I watched sporting lisbn v port o the other sunday. Also shows Belgian, Brazilian cup football plus live games from la lig a 2
Posted by: mimma, May 29, 2018, 10:24pm; Reply: 1
Seems strange that when there is a surge in interest in our young players, we can't get any information or results on any of the main sports channels. It seems like it is a big secret that we are not allowed to know about.

Can't find fixtures; teams and the clubs that the players play for; results; scorers; or reports.

Does anyone here know where to find any information on the Young Lions?
Posted by: forza ivano, May 29, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mimma
Seems strange that when there is a surge in interest in our young players, we can't get any information or results on any of the main sports channels. It seems like it is a big secret that we are not allowed to know about.

Can't find fixtures; teams and the clubs that the players play for; results; scorers; or reports.

Wiki has all the relevant info mimma including full squad lists
Posted by: Tommy, May 29, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 3
https://www.soccer24.com/world/toulon-tournament/
Posted by: mimma, May 29, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 4
Cheers for the links fellas.

Still don't understand why the youth games don't get the coverage they deserve.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 29, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mimma

That's because it's got to give way to women's football, which is in such demand that they're giving out free tickets for Chelsea Women's matches at my daughters' school.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 30, 2018, 1:02am; Reply: 6
I went to see the Final of the U17 euro Championships last week at Rotherham
Holland beat Italy on pens after a v entertaining 2-2 draw.
I saw no mention of it anywhere in mainstream sports reporting, and to think we are world champions at that level.
Posted by: Davec, May 30, 2018, 6:43am; Reply: 7
I remember watching the Toulon tournament on BT sport for the past couple of years.
Posted by: Rick12, May 30, 2018, 6:53am; Reply: 8
Thanks Forza

Always interesting to see how the youngsters fare
Posted by: forza ivano, May 30, 2018, 7:56am; Reply: 9
I went to see the Final of the U17 euro Championships last week at Rotherham
Holland beat Italy on pens after a v entertaining 2-2 draw.
I saw no mention of it anywhere in mainstream sports reporting, and to think we are world champions at that level.

Forgot to say that freesports showed some of the games in that competition (remember Holland looking a very polished side) plus the home nations victory shield tournament.as I said it's a very random channel!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 30, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 10
Quoted from forza ivano
Just watched England under 21v Mexico at the above tournament on freesports. Channel 95   on freeview. they are showing the whole competition which also includes scotland, in case anyone needs a free to air footy fix. Is a weird channel showing ice hockey, speedway and amateur rugby league from Cumbria villages! You then  go to the other extreme and I watched sporting lisbn v port o the other sunday. Also shows Belgian, Brazilian cup football plus live games from la lig a 2

Yeah I watched the game but you have to have BT to get it !

Posted by: forza ivano, May 30, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Yeah I watched the game but you have to have BT to get it !

confused by that. i'm not with BT, just got it via the normal freeview on my smart tv, although i do know you can't access it if you have Virgin
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 30, 2018, 9:14am; Reply: 12
Quoted from forza ivano

confused by that. i'm not with BT, just got it via the normal freeview on my smart tv, although i do know you can't access it if you have Virgin

Doesn't seem to come up on my normal freeview channel 95 (not smart tv) but I can get it through my BT box  :)

Posted by: promotion plaice, May 30, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 13

Maybe this is why I can't get it on normal freeview.......FreeSports is available on Freeview HD channel 95  ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 6, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 14

For those that can get "FreeSports" tv and want to watch some live football tonight with a bit of added spice that it's against Scotland.....

England U21 v Scotland U21      Toulon Tournament     Semi-Final     18:30      FreeSports
Posted by: forza ivano, June 9, 2018, 10:35am; Reply: 15
They're excelling themselves this weekend. Had la liga 2 playoffs last night and tomorrow night, Scotland in the toulon 3rd place game followed by England in the final, followed by Tunisia v Spain friendly all from early afternoon today
Posted by: forza ivano, June 16, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 16
Curtis wood house currently co commentating on nice little boxing show from Donny on channel 95
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 16, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano
Curtis wood house currently co commentating on nice little boxing show from Donny on channel 95

Got the Donny job then   :)

Posted by: forza ivano, August 13, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 18
Bump!
Just watched national league highlights show ( repeated at 11.30)
Mentions for bolarinwa, summerfield, Pearson, killip, McLaughlin, Tomlinson and Southwell.
Nice to see Salford in the bottom 3!
Makes you realise how lucky we were to get the turnaround under Jolley. Gateshead in particular looks soul destroying
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 13, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 19
This on the sky platform at all?
Posted by: forza ivano, August 13, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
This on the sky platform at all?

On their website it says channel 422
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 13, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 21
Cheers forza
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:49am