Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, May 28, 2018, 9:02pm
Just watching a video of my mate in Liverpool before the finals and it reminded me of being in Wembley concourse singing The Amond song with 100s of town fans for well half an hour. For me I love a good atmosphere, nothing beats a good away game with a sing song with the black and white army. But inside that concourse for me is the best atmosphere and fun I've had since Peterborough away when we sang for 45minutes in the second half.
Posted by: Poojah, May 28, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 1
Half time in the Wembley concourse was absolutely biblical. I remember feeling then, for the very first time, that we were destined to do it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 28, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from lukeo
Just watching a video of my mate in Liverpool before the finals and it reminded me of being in Wembley concourse singing The Amond song with 100s of town fans for well half an hour. For me I love a good atmosphere, nothing beats a good away game with a sing song with the black and white army. But inside that concourse for me is the best atmosphere and fun I've had since Peterborough away when we sang for 45minutes in the second half.

Was that in Slade's first tenure? It was good in that away end at P'boro.
Posted by: lukeo, May 28, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 3
It actually was.

Russell Slades black and white army
G t f c

How times have changed eh
Posted by: Abdul19, May 28, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 4
I remember having a quid on Lump 1-0 at the ludicrous price of 70-1. Happy days
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 28, 2018, 10:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah
Half time in the Wembley concourse was absolutely biblical. I remember feeling then, for the very first time, that we were destined to do it.

Loved that just loved it
Posted by: ginnywings, May 29, 2018, 12:46am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Poojah

That was ace. Stood and watched a crowd, including my very drunken brother singing all the way through the half time break, with beer flying everywhere. When we went back in for the second half, my brother was nowhere to be seen, so after about 10 mins, i went looking for him and he was wandering around the concourse totally lost, and couldn't remember where his seat was. He had spent the whole pre match and most of the game telling anyone and everyone we were going to win 3-1, so much so that a few of our group put money on it and won a fair few quid. Never forget them all hugging and kissing him  at the final whistle, while he stood there with tears in his eyes. Will live long in the memory banks.
Posted by: mariner83, May 29, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 7
Singing Paul Hurst's black & white army for what felt like forever at Mansfield, first season back in the league.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 29, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 8
A couple spring to mind.

Veggie green ravers on the Friday when Sisley scored. Only 300-400 of us there, but absolutely amazing.

Kidderminster away was a good one too.

Though the best atmosphere I've known for a home game was Fulham in the playoffs 97/98.

Posted by: mariner83, May 29, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
A couple spring to mind.

Veggie green ravers on the Friday when Sisley scored. Only 300-400 of us there, but absolutely amazing.

Kidderminster away was a good one too.

Though the best atmosphere I've known for a home game was Fulham in the playoffs 97/98.

Definitely (100)(groupwave)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 29, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 10
Burnley away when Donovan smashed that shot in pretty much sealing our first trip to Wembley !!
Posted by: forza ivano, May 29, 2018, 1:52pm; Reply: 11
home to wba when bonetti scored the winner. still makes the hairs on the back of my neck go up when i think about it now
Posted by: GTFC_85, May 29, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 12
The 5-2 Palace and 6-2 Wimbledon home games were some of the best i've known at BP
Posted by: Sigone, May 29, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 13
Wolves in the league cup quarter final 1979..Andy Gray said it was the most hostile atmosphere he had played in despite it being half the attendance he was used to playing in front of.  The Fulham play off game is the best I've known at B.P since the Findus stand has been built.  Exeter 1991 2nd half is the most anxious I've known B.P to be.
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 29, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 14
Going back a wee bit further in time, the away days at Scunny (11,150) Lincoln (15.015) Brentford (14,620) and Doncaster (12,230) in the 1971-72 season were absolutely mental. My first season as a wage earner, and being able to afford to travel the country - even as a first year apprentice - gave me an opportunity to take part in some of the greatest away days of my life.

Coventry 1972-3 FAC wasn't bad either.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 29, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ginnywings

That was ace. Stood and watched a crowd, including my very drunken brother singing all the way through the half time break, with beer flying everywhere. When we went back in for the second half, my brother was nowhere to be seen, so after about 10 mins, i went looking for him and he was wandering around the concourse totally lost, and couldn't remember where his seat was. He had spent the whole pre match and most of the game telling anyone and everyone we were going to win 3-1, so much so that a few of our group put money on it and won a fair few quid. Never forget them all hugging and kissing him  at the final whistle, while he stood there with tears in his eyes. Will live long in the memory banks.

Sounds like your brother would have had trouble with it though.

That bit about wandering around the concourse looking for the right direction brings shivers to my spine. Vague memories of wandering confused round tube stations after a few too many cold drinks. Brrrrr!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 30, 2018, 4:36am; Reply: 16
Seen some unforgettable moments with GTFC those memorable nights at Blundell Park in cup games Everton etc.

But I have got to say against all the odds that last home game for drama and relief (Blundell Park rocking) the last minute goal by Matt in the ponny end was right up there with the best.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 1:55am