Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 24, 2018, 2:47pm

Must admit I saw a couple of ugly scenes towards refs when I played Sunday league but nothing like this.......

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/calls-referee-body-cams-worst-ever-assault-match-official-british-soil-video/

Posted by: golfer, May 24, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 1
Absolutely disgraceful,but I don't think a body cam would have helped that ref. The only thing that would have been any good would have been a gun-but they only hold 6 bullets-he would have needed a machine gun to shoot those bstrds
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 24, 2018, 4:50pm; Reply: 2
They should hunt down every person involved and not only prosecute but ban them for life from every type of league and football there is whether that be national, local, 5 a side, whatever. Absolute scum.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 24, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 3
The worse thing I saw on a football pitch was when I was playing for Thrunscoe against West Marsh Rovers Grimsby Saturday L1,

We had 3 brothers in our side and one of them fouled one of their players,

No big deal just a routine foul, they muttered a few words to each other as they got ready to take a free kick.

One of the other brothers said something as well , when a thug from their side ran 20 yards and head butted him in the mouth.

I was stood 5 yards away and my shirt was splattered with his blood,

A bit of handbags from a few from both sides ended up with ref saying take the free kick as he had seen NOTHING  ;D

After a long disscussion with the ref our side decided to walk off the pitch.

There was a ref watching the game from the side lines and he put a full report in.

Our player needed 12 stitches to his face.

West Marsh were fined and points deducted the thug received a heavy fine and a long suspension.

The following season he was marking me in a match and was a perfect gentleman not even fouling me once.

So why did he react like he did ?  no idea very strange.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 4
I was playing in a game in Lincoln that made the headlines (briefly)…which ended up going to court which I had to attend.  what happened was something I have never witnessed before in all the years of playing football on a Sunday.   So one our players was on the right wing at the half way line, and went to chest the ball, whist the opposition player pushed him in the back, so he retaliated by pushing him back, then within literally 5 secs 10 players will all dragging to the ground pulling him along by his sleeve whilst laying the boot in (everywhere).  Then the goalkeeper came out ran 45 yards and gave him the biggest boot on his back which broke\fractured his back.  3 of those Lincoln yobs got sent down (cant remember the sentences) and to this day I felt really bad for not trying to help him separate the beating full well knowing I would end up the same.  The Ref who was Macedonian didn't know what to do.  The player injured suffered a broken \ fractured spine back but it was not career threatning as he is walking now, but it would have taking him ages to get back to his feet.
Posted by: Bigdog, May 24, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 5
Local league refs are the backbone of non league football and deserve a lot more backing from the cash rich FA than they get. A body cam provided by the FA and criminal prosecutions fully backed by the FA will be a step in the right direction..
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:57pm