Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 24, 2018, 8:30am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQuhplLId8

Donavan magic

Super Jack doing what he did best lol

Great day, great memories, who knows maybe M.J. can do the same  ;)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 24, 2018, 1:25pm; Reply: 1
What a great weekend that was.Hundreds of Town fans taking over the rat and parrot in Bayswater turning it into Clps high st.Next day outnumbered 2-1 by Northampton but still managed to drown them out and best of all a return to the Championship with a  great footballing team and manager.I can`t believe the times gone so quickly or how many of those present have sadly passed away 98 was probably the best ever year to be a Town fan and I am so grateful to have seen it.UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2018, 7:38pm; Reply: 2
Aye. It was a privilege to see both those games.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Aye. It was a privilege to see both those games.

same here.  Although I know we took slightly more than our last Wembley appearance, it felt as it it was way more at the old Wembley compared to the new.

Posted by: mariner83, May 24, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 4
There can't be many clubs in England, particularly lower leagues, that have won twice at Wembley in such a short space of time?
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 5
how may Wembley appearances is that now 6\7 ?

Bournemouth
Northampton
Wrexham
Bristol R
Forest Green
Halifax
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, May 24, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 6
MK Franchise
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 9:30pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
MK Franchise

ah I knew there was another one  :P
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2018, 10:38pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Meza

same here.  Although I know we took slightly more than our last Wembley appearance, it felt as it it was way more at the old Wembley compared to the new.

I think the Bournemouth game was about 28,000. Northampton 24,000. I don't think any of the Conference, FA Trophy or FL Trophy games came close to that. All in the teens.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 9

I think the Bournemouth game was about 28,000. Northampton 24,000. I don't think any of the Conference, FA Trophy or FL Trophy games came close to that. All in the teens.

But FGR took 3000 didnt they lol.

Not sure the att vs Brizzy R or Mk
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, May 24, 2018, 10:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Meza
how may Wembley appearances is that now 6\7 ?

Bournemouth
Northampton
Wrexham
Bristol R
Forest Green
Halifax

Cheltenham League Two playoff final 06

Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 11
That was Cardiff but if the new Wembley wasnt being built that would have made 8.....thats a lot compared to some cl7bs higher up in the pyramid.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 25, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 12

Bournemouth I thought was about 28500 Northampton I thought was slightly over 20k M.K dons I thought was 25000 , regarding the Bournemouth I was told all the corporate was not included in our official figures so 30k was probably more accurate.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 25, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Bournemouth I thought was about 28500 Northampton I thought was slightly over 20k M.K dons I thought was 25000 , regarding the Bournemouth I was told all the corporate was not included in our official figures so 30k was probably more accurate.

Surprised by the MK figure. It didn't feel that many.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 25, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 14

Surprised by the MK figure. It didn't feel that many.

New Webley boom,  Barnes double save that day was phenomenal. The double though what a majestic couple of games they were, can't believe it's been 20 years.
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, May 26, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Meza
That was Cardiff but if the new Wembley wasnt being built that would have made 8.....thats a lot compared to some cl7bs higher up in the pyramid.

I completely forgot about that.

Thats pretty impressive to say our first trip to Wembley was 98', in 20 years we have been to 8 finals, some record really.

Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:26pm