Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Skrill, May 23, 2018, 9:18pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p067xfn4

https://twitter.com/d3d4football/status/998687891642638336

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 23, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 1
A good honest interview, we all knew it was close but a three-year deal. settled family and the feel-good Jolly factor swung the balance.

If we had gone down it would have been a different story but things look a lot clearer and more promising now.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 23, 2018, 11:29pm; Reply: 2
Level headed young man.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, May 23, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 3
A couple of times, ibn this interview and the one on I follow, he mentioned 'sitting down with John'.

Credit to 'John' for making it happen.
Posted by: chaos33, May 24, 2018, 6:33am; Reply: 4
I wonder if they sat on the snooker table  ;)
Posted by: Bigdog, May 24, 2018, 6:35am; Reply: 5
My respect for him grows with every interview..
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 24, 2018, 7:00am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Bigdog
My respect for him grows with every interview..

Which one. John or Macca ?? 😉
Posted by: Cloudy, May 24, 2018, 7:15am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
A good honest interview, we all knew it was close but a three-year deal. settled family and the feel-good Jolly factor swung the balance.

If we had gone down it would have been a different story but things look a lot clearer and more promising now.

This has probably changed my mind over a season ticket too!

Interesting that Macca sat down with John. I though at this level the manager is given his budget and negotiates with the players within these boundaries? He would then have to get things rubber stamped.

If non footballing management are involved shouldn't that be the CEO?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 24, 2018, 7:36am; Reply: 8
I'm not sure how it works at other clubs by I do know several weeks ago, Jolley gave John his 'A List' of player targets and as far as I know it was left to John to contact agents and negotiate finances.
Posted by: Davec, May 24, 2018, 7:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I'm not sure how it works at other clubs by I do know several weeks ago, Jolley gave John his 'A List' of player targets and as far as I know it was left to John to contact agents and negotiate finances.

We won't sign any of them then, Fenty will do all he can to penny pinch with wages.
Posted by: Maringer, May 24, 2018, 8:27am; Reply: 10
I'd imagine that the draw of Fenty's legendary barbecues must have been too much for McKeown to resist.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 8:42am; Reply: 11
It wouldn't surprise me if it was JF that encouraged him to stay with the offer of security and a testimonial 🤔
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 24, 2018, 1:24pm; Reply: 12
A couple of times, ibn this interview and the one on I follow, he mentioned 'sitting down with John'.

Credit to 'John' for making it happen.

John Moore, the commentator when they put together the highlights compilation I thought he meant  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Level headed young man.

There's some sad wan kers around. Why would you red cross that statement?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 14
Fair play to John for getting this right.
Posted by: realist, May 24, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

There's some sad wan kers around. Why would you red cross that statement?

Maybe because he threw all his toys out when  young loanee stopped him getting back into the team. Hardly level headed. I think he is a liability who will cuase problems in the future
Posted by: Jimbob, May 24, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 16
is that twice hes come close to leaving.
Posted by: Meza, May 24, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 17
Just watched his latest interview on iFollow (must have carried non from his previous on)

and he mentioned the fishy and the players do read what we put  ??)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 24, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from realist

Maybe because he threw all his toys out when  young loanee stopped him getting back into the team. Hardly level headed. I think he is a liability who will cuase problems in the future

Hardly threw his toys out of the pram. In what way is he a liability?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 25, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 19
Quoted from realist

I wouldn't say he threw his toys out the pram at all....if you liste.n to him he genuinely thought he'd never be first choice again and wanted to play football, therefore he had to do what was best for his career at that time....and again, he also admitted he was hasty with his decision to put in a transfer request but it was right for him to do so at the time....ask yourself why he signed this contract, for me it was he knows that while he's here he'll be first on the team sheet and ultimately he loves this club , the fans and the town...so level headed?..Absolutely
Posted by: Cloudy, May 25, 2018, 9:22am; Reply: 20
All of us make decisions we believe are correct at the time. Sometimes n time,it turns out that the decision is incorrect.

Jimmy Mac is no different to any of us in that respect
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 6:14pm