Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, May 21, 2018, 9:37am
Looks like Shrewsbury won't have him on loan next season.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-henderson-transfer-bristol-city-1587966
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 21, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 1

I would be very surprised to see Henderson at Bristol City next season - I think he will be in the Prem somewhere.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2018, 10:49am; Reply: 2
Good for him where ever he moves,

He is top class and will be a prem player soon.

I suppose us on the fishy can claim the Grimsby link when he plays for England in the coming years

Well his gran still lives in Cleethorpes I think. 8)
Posted by: fiveallive, May 21, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 3
Bristol City would be a good move for him he's playing at different levels, and he Will only improve at Bristol City before moving to the Premier league.
Posted by: jaygy, May 21, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 4
He only played 7 times for us?! Shows how good he was that he made such a good impression over such a short time. It’s just a shame that my last memory of him and Omar in a town shirt is that horror of a game at Stevenage!
Posted by: moosey_club, May 21, 2018, 12:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jaygy
He only played 7 times for us?! Shows how good he was that he made such a good impression over such a short time. It’s just a shame that my last memory of him and Omar in a town shirt is that horror of a game at Stevenage!

He made a remarkable recovery from those injuries he sustained after being run over by that bus as well.  ;)
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, May 21, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 6
Could this prompt a Paul hurst bid for macca?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 21, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

If the Shrews are promoted this coming weekend, then I'd definitely say no

If they fail in the play-offs, maybe an outside chance but on balance, I'd still think he'd look to someone else other than Macca
Posted by: Kris2, May 21, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 8
I wonder if Shrews get promoted if they can keep him at the club permanently. He seems to have done well there and likes it. The Championship seems to be the next logical career step for him where he can become a #1 keeper and get a few seasons under his belt. He'll be a #1 for a top Premiership side for sure, it's too soon for him to make that move though and he'll be able to demand much better terms in future if he drops down a league and becomes a top keeper at that level.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 21, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 9
I doubt Shrewsbury would be able to get anywhere near the wages 'the likes of' Bristol City could offer.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 21, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

He made a remarkable recovery from those injuries he sustained after being run over by that bus as well.  ;)

Bloody typical GTFC  eh?

One manager signs him but does not play him,

The next manager plays him but throws him under a bus  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, May 21, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

No!  ;)
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 21, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 12
Looks like Bristol City looking to make a move to sign him, all over the tabloids for around £1million.
Posted by: lukeo, May 21, 2018, 4:07pm; Reply: 13
only 1 million? I think he's worth more than that with the way the market is these days.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 21, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 14
He's out of contract though so I'm guessing they're trying their luck (if it's true).
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 21, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 15
Having met him and spoke to him he’s super ambitious so does Bristol city match his ambitions ... maybe but I think he can get a bigger club than them much bigger
Posted by: Meza, May 21, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 16
Wasn't there a Grimsby link with Deano, like his Grandma lives in GY?
Posted by: oldun, May 22, 2018, 8:19am; Reply: 17
Maybe it will come down to who will offer him first choice. Going higher up the ladder could mean being number 2.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 22, 2018, 8:22am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Meza
Wasn't there a Grimsby link with Deano, like his Grandma lives in GY?

Yeah, I think he was staying with her when he was on loan here.  

£1million for Henderson is a steal.  I know it's because of his contract situation and possibly because he only joined Man United at 14, but Bristol City are buying someone they'll sell for a fortune in the very near future.

Good move for Henderson too.  He'll soon get that No 1 spot off Frank Fielding and get the chance to impress at a higher level, with a club who have ambitions towards promotion too which keeps him in the spotlight.  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 14, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 19
Dean Henderson has signed a new contract with Manchester Utd that will run until June 2020, with the option of a further year >> https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/Dean-Henderson-signs-new-contract-at-man-utd

The chosen small one will have to try sign him on loan again I guess........
Posted by: Tommy, June 14, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 20
Wonder who makes the decision to get him signed to a new deal at Man U?

You'd think the Manager but I can't see Mourinho ever making Henderson is no.1 keeper. He'd always bring in an experienced import rather than take the risk and put someone in, particularly with the GK.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 14, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Tommy

You'd think the Manager but I can't see Mourinho ever making Henderson is no.1 keeper. He'd always bring in an experienced import rather than take the risk and put someone in, particularly with the GK.

I'd probably say Nicky Butt who oversees the youth setup at Utd up to U-23 level...... I'd guess Mourinho would have to give his approval though.
Posted by: Maringer, June 14, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 22
Probably a good business move from Manyoo. Henderson is already a good keeper and stands to improve. Keep him for another year or so and, providing he has another successful loan spell somewhere, his value is only going to increase.

If he doesn't make a breakthrough into the Manyoo team, expect him to transfer to a smaller Premier or large Championship club for a good few million in the future.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 14, 2018, 9:40pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Tommy

He’ll probably still be there well after Jose has gone
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 14, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 24
Everything about him screams top class keeper , I remember him warming up and the intensity was unreal literally throwing himself about. He’s just got that edge the one really top players have good luck to him
Posted by: topuphere666, June 14, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 25
Decent move for him. He’ll be on better wages there than he would have been at Bristol presumably, but he’ll be out on loan somewhere next season. All the best to him. He was quality for us in his 7 game stint and he was very well loved at Shrewsbury.
Posted by: RonMariner, June 14, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 26
I assume he won't be loaned back to the Shrews, and will be a massive loss for them. With all those narrow wins he will have saved them plenty of points.

They may struggle to keep Nolan too. You kinda feel that there are going to struggle to match last seasons exploits this coming season.  
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, June 14, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 27
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11405017/manchester-united-goalkeeper-dean-henderson-signs-new-two-year-deal

Just signed a two year deal with the Rags
Posted by: ginnywings, June 14, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 28
It was obvious from his short stint here that he was way above our level.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 14, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 29
The rumours were that Norwich wanted him on loan but now Aston Villa and Leeds are also possibles. He won’t be with Hurst unless the sitting tenant is transferred out. I would guess that he will go where he is most likely to be first choice.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 15, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 30
Bristol city also very interested and I believe put a bid in
Posted by: jamesgtfc, June 15, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 31
If De Gea continues in his current form then Henderson could well become first choice at United...
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 11:45pm