Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, May 15, 2018, 9:05am
We were promoted back to the FL. What a great day after the dissapointment of the year before. That was the 2nd time i cried at Wembley after watching us walk out in 1998.

How did it go so wrong since? Why did the leaders of our club fail to capitalise on all that emotion.

Hopefully MJ can drag us kicking and screaming into a successful era, despite the lack of engagement and empathy from the top

UTM
Posted by: Father Christmas, May 15, 2018, 9:10am; Reply: 1
Fenty, Marley & Slade.
Posted by: BPMariner, May 15, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 2
I've got something in my eye  :)

https://youtu.be/e-TgqpobVu0
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 15, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Cloudy
We were promoted back to the FL. What a great day after the dissapointment of the year before. That was the 2nd time i cried at Wembley after watching us walk out in 1998.

How did it go so wrong since? Why did the leaders of our club fail to capitalise on all that emotion.

Hopefully MJ can drag us kicking and screaming into a successful era, despite the lack of engagement and empathy from the top

UTM

How about we give it a bit of a rest now and see what happens in the summer with jolley and the board . It was a great end to the season so how about we as fans try and build on that ? Although I totally agree with what you’re saying like .
Posted by: ginnywings, May 15, 2018, 9:43am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Cloudy

UTM

Because we went right back to doing things the same way as we always had, and learned no lessons. You'd think that as we fell through the leagues and then struggled at the bottom of league 2, before eventually falling into non league, someone somewhere would have thought to themselves, "why are we always struggling, what are we doing wrong"?

Message to the board- "If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got"

Posted by: Cloudy, May 15, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 5
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

How about we give it a bit of a rest now and see what happens in the summer with jolley and the board . It was a great end to the season so how about we as fans try and build on that ? Although I totally agree with what you’re saying like .

When can we object to the way the club has, and cointinues to be run?

Not during the last few months because the team needed all the support it could get to survive, not at the start of the season because we need a good start and now the summer is the time to give it a rest?

Is it a case of shut up and let JF and his band blindly continue to take us all for granted and treat us like shite?

I appreciate that some are happy to 'just' support the team whilst others want us to be better? I believe we could be doing MUCH better but then again maybe I am in the minority?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 15, 2018, 10:21am; Reply: 6
2 years ago today, lets not talk about what has happened since, lets share our memories of that day.

I would pay a lot of money to replay that day all over again, it was special, very special
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 15, 2018, 10:42am; Reply: 7
Watching anything related to that day still gets me! The video with John Tondeur’s commentary just turns me into a sorry mess. Never felt so much relief in my life, and I doubt I will again.

“It’s been 6 years of hurt, but it’s over!”
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 15, 2018, 12:31pm; Reply: 8
I've watched it a hundred times and every time I relive that moment, Arnold smashing it home and knowing that is it, we are back after 6 years of torrid tuesday nights, taking more fans to away grounds than the home side could muster,....but lest not forget, whilst we bask in the glory of 2-years ago, just how close we were to slipping back into the quagmire of conference football again this year....keep the feeling, the spirit and the will to win we have seen over the past 2 months and maybe, just maybe we will live that glorious wembley feeling again in may 2019...Mariners til I die!!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 15, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Cloudy

When can we object to the way the club has, and cointinues to be run?

Not during the last few months because the team needed all the support it could get to survive, not at the start of the season because we need a good start and now the summer is the time to give it a rest?

Is it a case of shut up and let JF and his band blindly continue to take us all for granted and treat us like shite?

I appreciate that some are happy to 'just' support the team whilst others want us to be better? I believe we could be doing MUCH better but then again maybe I am in the minority?

Never said any of that mate . I’m in total agreement with you that gtfc needs new owners and board room management. I fear that for all jolleys seeming talent as a manager , it may be gone all too soon if he doesn’t receive the backing he needs to restore gtfc to the club it should be .

It’s just I’ve had enough of the constant moaning for now . Let’s see in a couple of months whether it’s JF or a new owner that everyone wants who backs jolley . I honestly can’t see anyone coming in buf what do I know .
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 15, 2018, 3:39pm; Reply: 10
This is the most optimistic I've been about the club since that day.  Let's remember all the things that went well that season and try our best to back the manager and the team, and who knows, we might end up back at Wembley for another great day.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 11
It was a great day. A great day because apart from winning with a special group of players and because of the effect of operation promotion and the efforts of Paul Hurst. But because we don’t want our next special day to be a non-League play off, let’s not ease up on the regime.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:22pm