Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MarinerBen, May 14, 2018, 12:28am
So, our Chairman has been under a lot of criticism and there are plenty of threads regarding that. What I'm proposing is "what JF can do, if it's even possible for some to contemplate, to re-establish himself as an effective Chairman?"

I'll go first seeing as I've posed the question, and I'll do it in one word.

Apologise.

Lets try keep criticism constructive and see if the pointers come into effect  ;)
Posted by: grimps, May 14, 2018, 3:57am; Reply: 1
Back MJ and stay out of the way and I'm sure he'd  soon be forgetton about
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 14, 2018, 4:28am; Reply: 2
A bit less balderdash talk and more action. This applies to playing side and stadium. FWIW I think the community stuff is not too bad but could be pushed more and be a bit more genuine from certain quarters, and by that I don’t necessarily mean JSF
Posted by: GrimRob, May 14, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 3
Keep his head down, he's not the chairman after all, so carry on sharing public forums with other board members.

A lasting legacy would of course be the new ground, or at very least a clear path forward on that front.
Posted by: Bignic69, May 14, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 4
Give MJ a lengthy contract and back him with a competitive playing and coaching budget.
Posted by: TAGG, May 14, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 5
Hand over the club to a competent person and then drift into the background.
Posted by: UTMariners, May 14, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 6
Stop penny pinching and look at the wider context, longer term.. but that isn't in his nature
Posted by: moosey_club, May 14, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 7
Accept its not always "the fans fault"
Acknowledge mistakes

Those would do for me for a start.

Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 14, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 8
If he lets the manager do his job will fans get off his back and let him do his?

I dont love JF but I find this obsession too much. If someone is going to start another thread slagging  the non chairman off, can they at least name it as such so those of us not interested can make better use of our days.

UTM
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 14, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 9
He cannot make amends. It is not in his nature to accept blame, acknowledge mistakes or invest in the things that matter, all of which would need to be done if any attempt was to be made at making amends. Neither can he work with anyone else for the betterment of the club or get new investment, so until someone somewhere buys him out we are stuck with it.
Posted by: MarinerBen, May 14, 2018, 2:47pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LongEatonMariner
If he lets the manager do his job will fans get off his back and let him do his?

I dont love JF but I find this obsession too much. If someone is going to start another thread slagging  the non chairman off, can they at least name it as such so those of us not interested can make better use of our days.

UTM

Not sure if this is aimed at me for posting the thread, personally I'd feel content with JF if he were to address the concerns of his doubters. Which is why I wanted to gauge what the supporters would want from him to make amends.

I'd like to think that any relationship can be repaired, and the best way to do that is to address how it can be done.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 14, 2018, 2:50pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MarinerBen

Not sure if this is aimed at me for posting the thread, personally I'd feel content with JF if he were to address the concerns of his doubters. Which is why I wanted to gauge what the supporters would want from him to make amends.

I'd like to think that any relationship can be repaired, and the best way to do that is to address how it can be don
e.

Divorce!

Posted by: heppy88, May 14, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 12
A) Be a completely silent and invisible owner.

B) Allow someone else to be the clubs spokesperson. Don’t appoint a yes man either, have the balls to appoint an individual who can speak his/her own mind and tell it how it is.

C) Stop making off the cuff, reactionary decisions.

D) Produce a statement of intent. If that involves delivering on years of promises regarding a new stadium, how about a fully detailed progress report?

E) Back Jolley 100% and allow him to make his own decisions. I imagine he's no mug, he won’t need your words of wisdom and divine guidance. Just leave him be, to get on with the job at hand.

F) Actively look for fresh investment and fresh blood on the board. If you find it difficult working with others, especially if their point of view differs from yours, then just take a back seat. I’m sure somewhere in there you will admit many of your decisions and actions have been truly, outstandingly shocking.

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 14, 2018, 4:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from heppy88
A) Be a completely silent and invisible owner.

B) Allow someone else to be the clubs spokesperson. Don’t appoint a yes man either, have the balls to appoint an individual who can speak his/her own mind and tell it how it is.

C) Stop making off the cuff, reactionary decisions.

D) Produce a statement of intent. If that involves delivering on years of promises regarding a new stadium, how about a fully detailed progress report?

E) Back Jolley 100% and allow him to make his own decisions. I imagine he's no mug, he won’t need your words of wisdom and divine guidance. Just leave him be, to get on with the job at hand.

F) Actively look for fresh investment and fresh blood on the board. If you find it difficult working with others, especially if their point of view differs from yours, then just take a back seat. I’m sure somewhere in there you will admit many of your decisions and actions have been truly, outstandingly shocking.

A good post in the sense that is what most would do in his position, but sadly it is a pie in the sky wish list.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 9:17am