Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 10, 2018, 10:00pm
...............only one got sent off.

Dirty tw@ts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl5q1ayw58k&t=195s

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 10, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 1
That was a bloody hot day. And Craven Cottage has lost some of its character since then.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 10, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 2
The tackle on Handyside in the second leg was an absolute horror. Even worse was Brevitt kicking off and accusing PH of faking it. Total girl privates.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 10, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 3
I've got the highlights video of that season but I'd never seen that waist-high challenge on Lever before. That was awful. By today's standards they could've had three red cards in the first half alone.

As for the penalty... what a joke. Thankfully the better team won in the end.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 10, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from RichMariner
I've got the highlights video of that season but I'd never seen that waist-high challenge on Lever before. That was awful. By today's standards they could've had three red cards in the first half alone.

As for the penalty... what a joke. Thankfully the better team won in the end.

I'm sure that tackle was on the highlights video. I've got it somewhere.
Posted by: RichMariner, May 10, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

I'm sure that tackle was on the highlights video. I've got it somewhere.

To be honest I haven't watched that video back in years - don't have a machine that plays videos any more!

What I haven't seen anywhere on YouTube are highlights of our league cup run that season. Pretty sure we released a special video that covered the games v Oldham, Sheff Wed, Leicester and Liverpool. Anyone got that?
Posted by: Abdul19, May 10, 2018, 11:05pm; Reply: 6
Even that little sharp object Peschisolido didn't appeal for that pen!
Posted by: hheh2, May 11, 2018, 1:03am; Reply: 7
On a side note, would like an away kit like that next season.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 11, 2018, 3:30am; Reply: 8
Just taken time to re-watch, Jesus they were even worse than I thought. At least three over the ball tackles. Nasty illegitimates. Glad I started to “intercourse off Keegan” chant from the back of the Pontoon in the second leg.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 11, 2018, 6:59am; Reply: 9
Quoted from RichMariner

To be honest I haven't watched that video back in years - don't have a machine that plays videos any more!

What I haven't seen anywhere on YouTube are highlights of our league cup run that season. Pretty sure we released a special video that covered the games v Oldham, Sheff Wed, Leicester and Liverpool. Anyone got that?

There are extended highlights of the Leicester game somewhere on youtube - from an ITV program I think. Here you go:

https://youtu.be/xqw28e1rDCU
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 11, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 10
Quoted from hheh2
On a side note, would like an away kit like that next season.

Hopefully minus the material used for the neck lining that was later used as industrial sandpaper!
Posted by: Croxton, May 11, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 11
Thanks Rodley. That Leicester game took me down memory lane to when I used to teach Julian Watts who got clattered by Casey Keller. Not in any of my junior sides but I did drive the minibus!
Smashing character.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 11, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 12
Quoted from diehardmariner

Hopefully minus the material used for the neck lining that was later used as industrial sandpaper!

Haha yes I remember the irritation of that kit! Hopefully those sleeves never make a comeback.

Just watching that video, I forgot how good Super Kev D was. I’d love to see some old fashioned wing play next season at the club.
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 11, 2018, 10:15am; Reply: 13
Makes you want to cry when you see the class we had in that team back then.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:18pm