Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, May 10, 2018, 5:36pm
With both being under contract until next summer, do you think MJ will have told them they are free to find a new clubs. I can’t really imagine there is any way back for either of them ?
Posted by: RichMariner, May 10, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 1
I think it's telling that Jolley didn't give either of them a go at Forest Green when the pressure was off.

I know Dixon has been injured but Kelly, like McAllister, hasn't really featured despite being available for selection.
Posted by: rancido, May 10, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
With both being under contract until next summer, do you think MJ will have told them they are free to find a new clubs. I can’t really imagine there is any way back for either of them ?

I think if that was his intention then he would have announced it when he brought out the retained list and put them on the transfer list.
Posted by: SomeSanity, May 10, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 3
They're not on the transfer list because nobody wants um
Posted by: RonMariner, May 10, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 4
Maybe we can loan them out to save wages. Dixon could certainly do a job at conference level.

As the arrogant buggers regard us as their feeder club, maybe Hartlepool could take them off our hands?
Posted by: TAGG, May 10, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 5
I'm not there biggest fan but they are still here and you never know, look at Summers 👍
Let's just wait and see I think.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 10, 2018, 7:42pm; Reply: 6
Summerfield was better than people made out last season I thought. Showed everything plus a nightmare moment every game. Dixon and Kelly have both shown absolutely no redeeming qualities in any games I've seen.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 10, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 7
The name Hooper has been dropped from the triumvirate i see. Maybe there is a lesson there?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 10, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Mariner_09
Summerfield was better than people made out last season I thought. Showed everything plus a nightmare moment every game. Dixon and Kelly have both shown absolutely no redeeming qualities in any games I've seen.

Yet Kelly nearly went to a L1 club in the January window.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 10, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 9
Which League One?
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, May 10, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
The name Hooper has been dropped from the triumvirate i see. Maybe there is a lesson there?

Yeah, you’re right. In my own opinion the jury is still out on Hooper but I can’t deny he’s looked a little more spritely under MJ. I’m assuming from the way MJ spoke of him this week that he’s had a stay of execution as such.

As for Dixon, he was a huge disappointment but somewhere in there lurks an ex Scottish International with SPL and Championship experience, if MJ could get anything out of one of them it would be him. Kelly....well Terry Barwick springs to mind.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, May 10, 2018, 8:08pm; Reply: 11
I don't see the point in paying them off now. Better to tell them that they don't figure highly in his plans (assuming he doesn't) and I'm sure they'll be on to their agents trying to get fixed up elsewhere.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 10, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

A way back ??  Has Kelly actually arrived yet ?
Posted by: sydney, May 10, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 13
MJ will help them find a loan Club etc
Mills released then this is a sure thing
Happy with all selections although a fit Ben Davies was maybe worth keeping
Posted by: moosey_club, May 10, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yet Kelly nearly went to a L1 club in the January window.

Only because of the length of the queue at the Scunthorpe Debenhams January sale stretched across the car park to Glanford Park
Posted by: TAGG, May 10, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner_09

See what your saying but I think it's better not to get on there backs now and give em a clean sheet for next season ye just never know 🤞
Posted by: Meza, May 10, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 16
I think if they are not going to be in MJ plans I can only see loaning them out.  However they could do a Summerfield and have a good season, after all not everyone settles at a club in the first year.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 10, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Abdul19
Which League One?

Well they were League One at the time!

Northampton
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 10, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 18
Why didn’t we do absolutely everything to force that one over the line?

Rumoured that Dixon’s family are back in Scotland so hoping we can get rid reasonably easily.
Posted by: Kris2, May 11, 2018, 12:00am; Reply: 19
Quoted from ginnywings

So Dixon and Kelly just have to score a couple of goals and they'll be good.
Posted by: rancido, May 11, 2018, 9:14am; Reply: 20
Quoted from SomeSanity
They're not on the transfer list because nobody wants um

You would only know they were not wanted if you put them on the transfer list and there were no takers otherwise how would you know nobody wanted them ! Simples !
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, May 11, 2018, 9:18am; Reply: 21
Quoted from rancido

You would only know they were not wanted if you put them on the transfer list and there were no takers otherwise how would you know nobody wanted them ! Simples !

Or their futures have already been decided
Posted by: Stew0_0, May 11, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 22
I reckon Dixon will leave by mutual consent soon as he must surely see he will be backup to Fox. Every club is always crying out for left backs too. Kelly on the other hand, can see him sat here until his contract runs out as not much chance of getting a league club anywhere else. May get loaned out to 2/3 divisions below though to get some games
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 11, 2018, 9:47am; Reply: 23
It's not just if somebody wants them, it's what they'll pay them as well. Will especially be true for Dixon as the end of his career looms. He may well be happier sat on the bench here than taking a 25% pay cut to be first choice elsewhere. That scenario is where a pay off might be an option.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 11, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 24
I'd love to know how Dixon's career has lasted this long already!
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 11, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Stew0_0
I reckon Dixon will leave by mutual consent soon as he must surely see he will be backup to Fox. Every club is always crying out for left backs too. Kelly on the other hand, can see him sat here until his contract runs out as not much chance of getting a league club anywhere else. May get loaned out to 2/3 divisions below though to get some games

People may be crying out but left backs but not that flipping left back.
Posted by: sam gy, May 11, 2018, 11:19am; Reply: 26
Quoted from RichMariner
I think it's telling that Jolley didn't give either of them a go at Forest Green when the pressure was off.

I know Dixon has been injured but Kelly, like McAllister, hasn't really featured despite being available for selection.

Dixon is recovering from an operation and is nowhere near fitness!

Posted by: BottesfordMariner, May 11, 2018, 4:40pm; Reply: 27
I am sure during MJ's talks with the players this week he would have been honest with them in terms of potential game time.

It would not surprise me if he has told Dixon or Kelly (or both) that they would be free to look for other clubs. I may be wrong.

They are under contract so we cant simply release them (unless the player agrees to have his contract terminated and why would he unless he has another deal lined up) or pay them off (which i doubt Town would want to do financially).

I think Dixon and Kellys futures will become clearer over the summer. Either other clubs take them on or they will go out on loan with Town perhaps picking up part of the wages. If they arent going to feature it would suit Town to get them off the payroll in some way.
Posted by: buckstown, May 11, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 28
Don't forget Dixon was injured before the good run started. Given his earlier career it's perfectly possible that he could undergo a similar transformation to Rose and Hooper. Maybe Fox will be the back up?
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 11, 2018, 7:01pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from buckstown
Don't forget Dixon was injured before the good run started. Given his earlier career it's perfectly possible that he could undergo a similar transformation to Rose and Hooper. Maybe Fox will be the back up?

Lol. Brilliant stuff. You are a card 😉
Posted by: forza ivano, May 11, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from buckstown

You've never seen him have you?
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, May 11, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from buckstown

We have the technology....

[img]https://1835441770.rsc.cdn77.org/static.awlnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2011/03/30-sixmilliondollarman.jpg[/img]
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 12, 2018, 12:23am; Reply: 32
Interesting thread this, many said similar about Hooper & Rose before MJ got held of them.

A final year of a deal can do wonders for a players form😉
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:53pm