Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 7, 2018, 9:18pm
Keanu marsh Brown released by fgr ... got to be worth a punt ?
Posted by: Grantley, May 7, 2018, 9:22pm; Reply: 1
No.
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 7, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 2
Oh
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 7, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 3

Can't even get in a struggling FGR team.......we can do better.
Posted by: Meza, May 7, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 4
Good player....clearly fell out with Cooper and who wouldn't.  I wonder if he's one of those "put your arm around" types

Remember him more when at Barnet.
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 7, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 5
I Think MJ  can get something out of him .
Posted by: davmariner, May 7, 2018, 9:40pm; Reply: 6
Definitely not. Awful attitude and didn’t tear up any trees when he dropped back into the National League on loan. These are exactly the type of players we need to steer clear of and don’t fit into MJ’s ethos of having good characters.
Posted by: Poojah, May 7, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 7
It’s not the worst suggestion in the world. Clearly has talent, but perhaps needs a degree ‘managing’ to get the the best out of him.

If the last 8 weeks or so have taught us anything it’s that we appear to have a ‘manager ‘ at the helm. Would be a more impressive signing thatn Sam Kelly 12 months ago, of that I’m sure.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 8
Clearly talented. Wonder why he's at the level he's been at and can't get in FGR team. Might be down to poor management. Might be because he's high maintenance. Might be bad luck.
Posted by: MarinerBen, May 7, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 9
For me he was the stand out player for them at Wembley. Odd one eh?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 10
He will get a club no problem
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 7, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 11
Never got on with cooper. Been wasting away and was even refused a loan spell in February
Posted by: Grantley, May 7, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 12
He only shows up on TV, for example in last year’s and the year before’s playoffs. Thinks he’s better than he is too.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 7, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 13
Another 1 game in 6 player, no thanks
Posted by: Grim up north, May 7, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 14
He stood out in our final by a mile so no doubt has the ability .....just needs the right manager to motivate him and no ones better at that than ours.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 7, 2018, 11:25pm; Reply: 15
If he isnt demanding ridiculous wages I'd definitely take a punt on him. Clearly has the talent but perhaps not had the right gaffer to bring the best out of him. As others have said, perhaps Jolley is that man and he can be our x-factor-type player!

Bottom line is Jolley will have a very clear idea of the types of player he wants, if he signed Serge Makofo I'd have faith that he could get the best out of him and add value to the team!
Posted by: hheh2, May 7, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 16
I think the signings we will be making over the summer will be players unknown to most. We just don't know how Jolley will set up the team. Personally I think he prefers team players over the marsh-browns.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 8, 2018, 3:59am; Reply: 17
Seemed to score in the big games but wasn't always first choice.

Reminds me of that guy who played for Newport (name escapes me at the moment) scored and helped knock us out of the play-off semi-final and then when we signed him played a couple of good games but was pretty useless in the rest.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 8, 2018, 4:29am; Reply: 18
Michael's religious cousin
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 8, 2018, 7:09am; Reply: 19
Yes. Christian Jolley. Played last two seasons at Conference South side Hampton and Richmond Borough.
Posted by: Davec, May 8, 2018, 7:22am; Reply: 20
I seem to remember KMB did an interview a few years ago where he talked about playing in the premiership again... I don't think that will happen, it's like Phil Brown who still reckons he can manage in the top flight.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 8, 2018, 9:03am; Reply: 21
In Jolley we trust. It’s all up to him and who he wants, and can get.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 8, 2018, 9:49am; Reply: 22
Quoted from hheh2
I think the signings we will be making over the summer will be players unknown to most. We just don't know how Jolley will set up the team. Personally I think he prefers team players over the marsh-browns.

i agree completely - think ,given our very experienced/old squad, the signings will be lads like vernham or annan, ex Burnley under 23s or Crewe Academy and lads known from his time in sweden
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 8, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 23
4 goals in 6 starts for Dover, think that is his level.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 9:17pm