Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 4, 2018, 8:37am
Was at chesterfield's game on Tuesday...  ;D
Posted by: RoboCod, May 4, 2018, 8:55am; Reply: 1
Seems a scary option but looking at their forum they seem to be backing Nicky Law and Alan Knill. Think they need to go the young and hungry manager route but in the absence of those I guess you're stuck with the old merry go round.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 4, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 2
Quoted from RoboCod
Seems a scary option but looking at their forum they seem to be backing Nicky Law and Alan Knill. Think they need to go the young and hungry manager route but in the absence of those I guess you're stuck with the old merry go round.

The problem is, they did that with Lester as such, it was his first managerial job, and they got relegated, so I think they will be too scared to do that again
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 4, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 3
Quoted from RoboCod

That lad at Borehamwood (is it Luke Garrod?) seems to me at least to have done a brilliant job and he knows the League these are the type of Manager`s Chesterfield should be headhunting in my opinion. Not because RS failed here but seriously what positives could he bring to a football club based on his last 3 jobs yes he`s a name albeit a fading one.I really hope Chesterfield think before pressing the self destruct button however Wrexham,Luton,Grimsby,Lincoln,Tranmere,Torquay,Hartlepool ,Orient and others all huge Clubs for that level managed to get it wrong for at least one season.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 4, 2018, 9:15am; Reply: 4
He's like a big turd in the bog , cant seem to flush it away.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 4, 2018, 9:17am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

The problem is, they did that with Lester as such, it was his first managerial job, and they got relegated, so I think they will be too scared to do that again

Yeah but Lester set the alarm bells ringing in a Neil Woods-type way, I'm not sure how they could justify that appointment in view of their position at the time. There's a few young bosses coming through who've learnt the trade at the lower levels, trouble is everyone's cottoning on to the Cowley-syndrome thing (even us to a degree) and there won't be enough to go round.
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, May 4, 2018, 9:43am; Reply: 6
The cheek of the guy to keep applying for jobs after what he did here - or didn't do!
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 4, 2018, 9:52am; Reply: 7
God help them if he gets that job.
Posted by: Maringer, May 4, 2018, 9:57am; Reply: 8
Oh, I don't know. Many of his signings this season indicated he was keen on a tilt at Conference football...  :P
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 4, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Can you remember that programme give us a clue? I swear I would have got Slade first time having read that ;D
Posted by: Barrattstander, May 4, 2018, 12:13pm; Reply: 10
Now I realise why the Coventry fans vented their anger towards him so much at BP last August.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 4, 2018, 12:22pm; Reply: 11
It was between Gerrard and Slade and Rangers had to make do with the leftovers.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 4, 2018, 12:30pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from jonnyboy82

That's because people on here can't stop talking about him. He's gone, never to return, move on.

Posted by: Posh Harry, May 4, 2018, 12:58pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

That's because people on here can't stop talking about him. He's gone, never to return, move on.

Move on? Some people on here keep banging on about the fact that he might have kept us up, but we will never know.

Maybe they should also move on.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 4, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Posh Harry

Move on? Some people on here keep banging on about the fact that he might have kept us up, but we will never know.

Maybe they should also move on.

He might have, we will never know

Posted by: davmariner, May 4, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 15
I wouldn’t wish Russell Slade on anyone. Not even Chesterfield.
Posted by: rancido, May 4, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from davmariner
I wouldn’t wish Russell Slade on anyone. Not even Chesterfield.

I'd wish him on Scunthorpe !!!!
Posted by: forza ivano, May 5, 2018, 12:45am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Ipswin

He might have, we will never know

Llisten to  michael roses interview.we  were doomed under slade
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2018, 2:26am; Reply: 18
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Can you remember that programme give us a clue? I swear I would have got Slade first time having read that ;D

How do you mime that Lionel?
Posted by: toontown, May 5, 2018, 7:56am; Reply: 19
What interview is that forza?
Posted by: Elgringo87, May 5, 2018, 8:18am; Reply: 20
Nathan Clarke to chesterfield then
Posted by: Abdul19, May 5, 2018, 8:30am; Reply: 21
Quoted from forza ivano

Llisten to  michael roses interview.we  were doomed under slade

The third Rose, even more unseen than Akheem? ;)
Posted by: Abdul19, May 5, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 22
Quoted from toontown
What interview is that forza?

Guessing it's this:

Check out @SkyBetLeagueTwo’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueTwo/status/992272142635974657?s=09
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, May 5, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 23
I pity the next fool who decides to employ Slade. All the power point presentations in the world can't mask the fact he's an absolute dinosaur.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 5, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 24
I'm still staggered by how bad he was. Even now. He literally listed our players by ability and got them out of the door. Is it a case of the higher the ability, the higher the wage? Should be I suppose and was there pressure from John Fenty to get them off the wage bill as our better players were signed by Bignot when he went on that spending spree? Who knows? Well, we won't get to know anyway.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 5, 2018, 11:19am; Reply: 25
Quoted from 75
I'm still staggered by how bad he was. Even now. He literally listed our players by ability and got them out of the door. Is it a case of the higher the ability, the higher the wage? Should be I suppose and was there pressure from John Fenty to get them off the wage bill as our better players were signed by Bignot when he went on that spending spree? Who knows? Well, we won't get to know anyway.

In fairness to him, who approved those Bignot signings? Who allowed the wage bill to rise that much? Who allowed Slade to bring in 14 mainly crap players in the summer?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 5, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Mariner_09

In fairness to him, who approved those Bignot signings? Who allowed the wage bill to rise that much? Who allowed Slade to bring in 14 mainly crap players in the summer?

You could take the opposite view that this is proof JF backs his managers and allows them to sign their chosen targets!! Maybe makes them be sold in next window though.

His mantra should be quality not quantity, as many have already said, the same budget spent on 10 fewer players should improve quality but if a few are on the alleged £175 per week maybe not significantly 😄
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 5, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 75

He was clearly deluded in January he was still talking about getting in the play offs in February every post match was how we could easily have won that game and how referee decisions went against us come March we couldn't even score a goal let alone win a game and heading for the National League. Thank goodness for Michael Jolley. UTM
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, May 6, 2018, 4:29am; Reply: 28
Quoted from rancido

With Mike Newell as his assistant  ;)
Posted by: RonMariner, May 6, 2018, 1:04pm; Reply: 29
He might find work as a Nosferatu lookalike in a chamber of horrors somewhere, but given he recent managerial record I can't why any club would want him.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 6, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from rancido

You know what I couldn't even wish him on Scunny, Hull or Lincoln, no football fan should have to put up with the blithering idiot as their manager.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:08am