Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mike502, May 3, 2018, 10:08pm
It looks like Mitch has won the EFL Player of the Month for April.  The EFL will be announcing the news tomorrow morning... so I suspect the club have broken an embargo by putting a video on the OS!

Congrats Mitch!
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 3, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 1
you stood up at the perfect moment, well done utm
Posted by: fleabag1970, May 3, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 2
Fantastic turn around by him . I wanted him out after the port vale game but he has shown great spirit since . Fair play to him .
Posted by: ginnywings, May 3, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 3
Those three penalties he buried may just have saved us from oblivion. Lots of pressure on him taking them.

Well done.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 3, 2018, 11:08pm; Reply: 4
Much improved for sure but no coincidence he’s been involved with teams at the wrong end of the table 2 years running   Jolley definately improved him but good enough for a promotion push I don’t think so a back up player for me
Posted by: Zmariner, May 3, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 5
Did us proud with those penalties’, one miss and we would be in for a scarey weekend , he has great respect from me
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 3, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 6
Has turned his career around at town , was always in for criticism and rightly so but lately since jolley came in it seems he could be one of the first names in the team sheet next season.

Congrats and welk deserved, just need jolley to get motm now . :)
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, May 4, 2018, 12:11am; Reply: 7
I guess we are saying from away to Chesterfield, where he did really well (but little did we know how excrement they really were eh...) up to home to Chesterfield he was excrement, apart from that he had a great season...same could be said for most apart from Macca and Summerfield...
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 4, 2018, 12:35am; Reply: 8
Well done Mitch Rose, 3 penalties and 7 points taken in those 3 games more than likely saved our league status.  That's only the second time in 14-years that Grimsby Town have had a player win the League Player of the Month award in any division, the last one was Omar Bogle in November 2016.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2018, 12:41am; Reply: 9
Yeah, well done to Mitch. Turned it around. Scored some key penalties when the pressure was strong, and did it with aplomb.

And don't forget the throw, especially the one which led to the pen v Chesterfield.
Posted by: Grumps, May 4, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 10
Well done Mitch
Posted by: mariner83, May 4, 2018, 7:30am; Reply: 11
Short interview with Mitch:

[Url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2032989303395277&id=119005291460364]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2032989303395277&id=119005291460364][/url]

[url=https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/player-of-the-month-mitch-rose--grimsby-town/?utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral]https://www.efl.com/news/2018/may/player-of-the-month-mitch-rose--grimsby-town/?utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral[/url]
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 4, 2018, 7:34am; Reply: 12

Well done Mitch Rose.

Jolley missed out..........the Luton boss won MOTM   :-/
Posted by: Mariner55, May 4, 2018, 9:18am; Reply: 13
Some people - including the official GTFC website - are suggesting Mitch's three pens won us seven points.  I know this sounds a bit nit-picking, but technically they won us five points, as the Chesterfield & Swindon games would have ended as draws without his pens (assuming now other goals etc).

But the main thing is this is very deserved: I think he's a good player and he'll really flourish next season under MJ.

See you at FGR tomorrow ...
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 4, 2018, 9:40am; Reply: 14
Well done Mitch, showed real bottle in some crucial moments for us. I think playing in a midfield 3 helps him and with some better players around him next season and Jolley’s coaching and tactics, I think he could really flourish. He’s only 23 as well so far from his peak.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 4, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 15
Even the greatest players miss penalties thank God for this lad having the bottle to step up and whack 3 in.Well done Mitch
Posted by: RoboCod, May 4, 2018, 10:26am; Reply: 16
Rose looks to have been one of the many players who didn't know what to do under idiot Slade's management. Jolley has observed, handed out tasks and instructions, restored their confidence..voila, improvement in nearly all of them.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 4, 2018, 11:22am; Reply: 17
Quoted from RoboCod
Rose looks to have been one of the many players who didn't know what to do under idiot Slade's management. Jolley has observed, handed out tasks and instructions, restored their confidence..voila, improvement in nearly all of them.

Doesn't sound like Slade was pushing them too hard in training either, but i don't think Slade even got involved in training, did he?
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 4, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 18
Well done Mitch .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 4, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 19
Well deserved, looks a different player under MJ.
Posted by: Skrill, May 4, 2018, 7:47pm; Reply: 20
Congrats Mitch, keep working hard.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 4, 2018, 11:31pm; Reply: 21
All this business about looking a different player. He had a decent start to the season and in our good spell looked comfortably one of our better players. Had a niggling back injury and his form tailed off. Jolley getting the job coincided with him finding some fitness and hitting form.

He’s capable of being a really good player at this level due to his competitiveness and his athleticism. He’s decent and has plenty of time to improve.
Posted by: Grantley, May 4, 2018, 11:35pm; Reply: 22
If the guy could finish, he’d be on about 13/14 goals by now. You think of the runs he’s made against Notts County, Wycombe, Stevenage. He’s gets himself into all the right positions but he just blazes it wide or over!
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:52am