Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ska face, May 3, 2018, 8:00am
Not seen this get much of a mention, but thought it was too good an offer not to pick up on.

The club are offering a 5% discount on season tickets for any Mariners Trust member. At £12 per year, the discount on any adult ticket is greater than the cost of an annual membership - it essentially pays for itself!

Upper Findus - £17 discount
Lower Findus - £15.25 discount
Main Stand - £15.25 discount
Pontoon - £15.25 discount

So for a Trust membership that you can pay at £1 a month over a year(!), that will pay for itself nearly one and a half times over if you’re going to be getting a season ticket. It’s a no-brainier.

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/register/
Posted by: Father Christmas, May 3, 2018, 8:24am; Reply: 1
I’d rather give the club an extra £17 than give a useless cause £12. My interest in the trust vanished when they made the Findus bar members only, how much money did they miss out on then, we will never know.
Posted by: bedders78, May 3, 2018, 8:31am; Reply: 2
I didn't know abut the Findus bar and that seems like a ridiculous thing to do, but I'll take the 5% as a positive move by the club (for once) to engage with the fans.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 3, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 3
The Findus bar was Trust members and season ticket holders only for the 2016/17 season, but, to my knowledge it wasn’t this season. If it was, then no one was checking.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 3, 2018, 10:27am; Reply: 4
Lets get some facts and not rumour. The bar in the Lower Findus has not, and never has been, a members only bar.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 3, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Cloudy
Lets get some facts and not rumour. The bar in the Lower Findus has not, and never has been, a members only bar.

Is that ‘members’ as in having a membership?  Or is it ‘members’ after the swear filter has kicked in ? 😄

As someone who drinks in there I was just wondering 😉
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 3, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 6
Have to disagree Cloudy, you had to have a ST or prove you were a Trust member to get an entrance card. But anyway it hasn’t been like that for a year. It just I had to prove I was a trust member to obtain a card.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 3, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 7
I got a card with my season ticket last season, for entry into the bar. I think it was more to do with it being rammed most games. This season, i didn't get one of those cards, but didn't really need it, as it was less busy, due to the drop in attendances at games. I've never been aware of having to be a member to get in there. My brother also had one of those cards and he has never been a member of the trust. He uses the bar more than me and never had trouble getting in, this season or last.
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 3, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Father Christmas
I’d rather give the club an extra £17 than give a useless cause £12. My interest in the trust vanished when they made the Findus bar members only, how much money did they miss out on then, we will never know.

Fake News!

This is not the case, you never have had to be a member for entrance to the lower bar.
Posted by: barralad, May 3, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 9

I realise that you will already be well into the long build up to Christmas Santa but for the sake of veracity I should point out that the Main Trust Bar (Lower Findus) has never been members only. The only time when we will have lost money on entry criteria is when the maximum allowed in the bar was reached.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 3, 2018, 1:40pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from barralad

I realise that you will already be well into the long build up to Christmas Santa but for the sake of veracity I should point out that the Main Trust Bar (Lower Findus) has never been members only. The only time when we will have lost money on entry criteria is when the maximum allowed in the bar was reached.

Did you sell him some warm reindeer pish?
Posted by: Father Christmas, May 3, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 11
Red xer’s = members
Posted by: Cloudy, May 3, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Have to disagree Cloudy, you had to have a ST or prove you were a Trust member to get an entrance card. But anyway it hasn’t been like that for a year. It just I had to prove I was a trust member to obtain a card.

No you didn't!

Cards were issued nearly 2 years ago to monitor numbers in the bar at half time during the bigger games, Lincoln, Boxing Day etc. I know loads who had cards are they were neither season ticket holders or Trust members. They just asked for them and were given them by the bar manager lady.

Posted by: barralad, May 3, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Cloudy

No you didn't!

Cards were issued nearly 2 years ago to monitor numbers in the bar at half time during the bigger games, Lincoln, Boxing Day etc. I know loads who had cards are they were neither season ticket holders or Trust members. They just asked for them and were given them by the bar manager lady.

Spot on....the club were concerned about the safety limit of 180 being exceeded. The decision was taken at one of our meetings with Ian Fleming and co.
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 14
Last year i tried to get into the bar at half time but was refused entry unless I had a ticket.I haven't tried since
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2018, 5:22pm; Reply: 15
Red xer’s = members

Did you really put "members" or was it changed as certain words often are ?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 3, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Cloudy

No you didn't!

Not arguing with you Cloudy, all I can do is speak from personal experience and I had to ask the bar manageress, she asked why I didn’t have ST. I explained I worked offshore, so could only get occasionally, but I explained I was a Trust member. She then allowed me an entry card. So, to say I didn’t is incorrect.
Anyway, water under the bridge.
Posted by: golfer, May 3, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 17
Even with this discount you can get a season ticket at Athletico Madrid for less
Posted by: lukeo, May 3, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from golfer
Even with this discount you can get a season ticket at Athletico Madrid for less

Including flights and travel to and from the airport?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2018, 1:07am; Reply: 19
Another positive move by the club, and great for the Trust. As Ska says, it means the membership fee pays for itself and it's therefore a no brainer to join.

Two good moves in a week. That's positive! If John Fenty has had a hand in this then fair play fellah!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2018, 1:10am; Reply: 20

Errr, there's a limit on the number of people who can get in safely. So unless you were planning on drinking 10 bottles of Dom Perignon a game, i doubt they lost a penny.

You must be the best argument ever against a fans owned club!
Posted by: Father Christmas, May 4, 2018, 7:52am; Reply: 21
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Errr, there's a limit on the number of people who can get in safely. So unless you were planning on drinking 10 bottles of Dom Perignon a game, i doubt they lost a penny.

You must be the best argument ever against a fans owned club!

I unequivocally agree with you
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 4, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 22

I unequivocally agree with you

Santa Santa give us a song Santa give us a song
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:19pm