Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 30, 2018, 8:55pm

Is this the beginning of the end of the match programme ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43955431
Posted by: forza ivano, April 30, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Is this the beginning of the end of the match programme ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43955431

Quite a few clubs down the pyramid now do a downloadable programme
Posted by: crusty ole pie, April 30, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 2
Can’t remember the last programme I bought apart from the Wembley
/ Cardiff matches, with the age of the internet programmes have seen there day but do wish the club would sell team sheets available as soon as the teams are announced. I would gladly pay £1 for a simple team sheet givin* me all the info I need on the day
Posted by: pizzzza, April 30, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 3
I didn't realise it was compulsory to produce them to be honest.
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2018, 1:28am; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano

Quite a few clubs down the pyramid now do a downloadable programme

Isn't ours downloadable? I wouldn't though in the same way I don't download music.
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2018, 1:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Can’t remember the last programme I bought apart from the Wembley
/ Cardiff matches, with the age of the internet programmes have seen there day but do wish the club would sell team sheets available as soon as the teams are announced. I would gladly pay £1 for a simple team sheet givin* me all the info I need on the day

There are team sheets in the office/shop pre match and have been for years..think they are free..
Posted by: mariner83, May 1, 2018, 7:07am; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza
I didn't realise it was compulsory to produce them to be honest.

Nor me.

Although it's not something I buy every match, I do buy a few a season and would be sad if that option wasn't available.  A downloaded version just isn't the same imho.

Does "The Mariner" still win regular awards?
Posted by: ginnywings, May 1, 2018, 10:38am; Reply: 7
I don't buy them myself but appreciate that others like to. The vote is on the compulsory element of programmes isn't it, so there is nothing to stop clubs carrying on producing them, even if they don't have to?
Posted by: barralad, May 1, 2018, 10:46am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't buy them myself but appreciate that others like to. The vote is on the compulsory element of programmes isn't it, so there is nothing to stop clubs carrying on producing them, even if they don't have to?

There isn't but I doubt anyone other than some of the big premiership clubs actually make any money from programme sales (economy of scales?).

The g/f will be delighted that there will be no more shoe boxes cluttering up the study bookcases... :o
Posted by: LH, May 1, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

Isn't ours downloadable? I wouldn't though in the same way I don't download music because I’m a technophobe/luddite.  

;)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, May 1, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from barralad

There are team sheets in the office/shop pre match and have been for years..think they are free..

Not much good when I am in the bar spending my money on the trust beer
Posted by: cod_head_doug, May 1, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 11
I collect Town programmes and I think it will be a sad day when I cannot get a full seasons worth of programmes for my collection. It is a social history of the club and fans.
IS NOTHING BLEEDING SACRED ANYMORE???
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:54pm