Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: pizzzza, April 28, 2018, 7:42pm
The 12 points that we have gained under MJ have got us over the line and helped preserve our league status for next season. However, I just want to pay tribute to the man that got us the other 36 points. Where would we be without those 36 points? Relegated long ago that's where! So while we celebrate tonight, let's all raise a glass to the unsung hero of our season... Mr Russell Slade.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9zknQnrLvkDkR7Z_bdUMCZ5LYRvEP_epG7S5-NDZGQzAYUFZX[/img]
Posted by: wigworld, April 28, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 1
;D
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 28, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 2
Without Slade's breathtaking incompetence we would not have had the excitement of getting out of the mire. So thank you Russell for without your ineptitude, stupidity and basic inability to do your job we might never had the nervous excitement of possibly planning trips to Salford City, Boreham Wood and that giant of the footballing world Dover.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 28, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 3

"Unsung Hero of the Season"

Us Town fans that have stuck with the team through thick and thin..... particularly when we went on that long run without getting a win.
Posted by: 99agrant, April 28, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 4
Phil Brown for turning the managers job offer down
Posted by: supertown, April 28, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Without Slade's breathtaking incompetence we would not have had the excitement of getting out of the mire. So thank you Russell for without your ineptitude, stupidity and basic inability to do your job we might never had the nervous excitement of possibly planning trips to Salford City, Boreham Wood and that giant of the footballing world Dover.

Boreham Wood might come up yet
Posted by: ackomariner, April 28, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 99agrant
Phil Brown for turning the managers job offer down

Glad he did too
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 28, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 7
Great shout. Any other manager would have kept hold of Jones and Osborne. That would have led to an extremely boring top half finish and we wouldn't have had such a joyous night tonight.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 28, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 8
Me...for managing to stomach sitting all season just two seats away from a man with the worst b.o imaginable  :X
Posted by: GyMariner, April 28, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 9
Thankyou notts for the equaliser to further add to the excitement
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2018, 3:46am; Reply: 10
Thank you Russel for engineering one of the best days ever at BP. How boring it would have been to finish 12th.  ;D
Posted by: fiveallive, April 29, 2018, 4:21am; Reply: 11
When i read the thread (Unsung Hero of the Season) i thought it was going to be a thread about Luke Summerfield.
Posted by: Mallyner, April 29, 2018, 8:10am; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club
Me...for managing to stomach sitting all season just two seats away from a man with the worst b.o imaginable  :X

I can't help it I use Right Guard but where the hell can you buy Left Guard?  :)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:31am