Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: bawarmy, April 28, 2018, 5:41pm
I’m really not sure. I’ve always disliked Barnet but Morecambe’s attendances deserve non league football.
Posted by: Dan, April 28, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 1
Barnet are in the weaker position, but on current form I can see them staying up, and they deserve to.

Plus, living in London, I'd rather Barnet stayed up as it's a nice local game :)
Posted by: jimgtfc, April 28, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 2
Couldn’t care less
Posted by: topuphere666, April 28, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 3
Mad dog has got them motivated and I’d imagine he’ll receive a hefty bonus if they stay up and he leaves for the 6th time.

They’ve certainly got the easier game - on paper!
Posted by: grimps, April 28, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 4
Hopefully Barnet go down , they’ll be a bigger threat next season , If Morcombe stay up they’ll be down next year
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 28, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 5
Morecambe deserve to go down for being so utterly useless at the business end of the season. Would be pleased if Barnet do stay up because they were absolutely buried a few weeks ago!
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 6
Barnet deserve to stay up. They are probably the form team in the league.
Posted by: Kris2, April 28, 2018, 6:05pm; Reply: 7
Rather a day out in London than one in Morecambe. When you grow up in a run down seaside town they all feel the same and are boring to visit.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 28, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 8
Enjoyed some good days out in barnet. Dont like there fans but i hope they do stay up
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 28, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 9
Morecombe only cos I prefer a London away day but not really bothered in truth
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, April 28, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 10
Barnet for me... Simply because I think Martin Allen is a massive cůnt!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 28, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings
Barnet deserve to stay up. They are probably the form team in the league.

I thought we are the form team in the league  8)
Posted by: grimsbybrown, April 28, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 12
If they survive, Morecambe will be down the bottom again next year.  I'm expecting us to be much improved, but, even so, it will be good to have weaker teams in the league - not sure I can take another season like this one....
Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 6:11pm; Reply: 13
To be honest, they are both glorified non league sides, so i'm not bothered either way. They both struggle in league 2 and are both constantly in the bottom half.
Posted by: davmariner, April 28, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 14
intercourse Morecambe. If you play to draw at home to Barnet, a team lower than you and lose, you deserve to go down.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 28, 2018, 8:35pm; Reply: 15
I feel Morecambe might be easier points next season, but Barnet is a decent away day for a Southern-based supporter and we always go in good numbers.
Posted by: chaos33, April 28, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Yeah aren't for me... Simply because I think Martin Allen is a massive cůnt!!

There's a bit of that in my preference too. Morecambe are the closest team to The Lake District, so I favour them, although they aren't really a league club and belong in the conference. They've been sucked in through being cr@p and they'll probably get pasted next week. Bad time to have a form aberration.  :-/
Posted by: easypeersy, April 28, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 17
Really hope Morecambe drop out into the non league.
They are a non league club who have been squatting in the English Football League for way too long!
Good riddance to them!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 28, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 18
I really don't get this feeling about Morecambe being 'a non-League club'. They've been in the League for years. We've been back for two. And why 'good riddance'? Sounds very nasty towards people who have done nowt wrong.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 28, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 19
You need a third option in the poll for "I don't mind who goes down out the two." (thumbup)
Posted by: lukeo, April 28, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 20
Barnet to stay up. I thought they'd go down until last weekend I thought it would be Morecambe.. By the look of it it'll be the case.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 28, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 21
Looking at those two teams remaining games Barnet v Cheaterfield and Coventry v Morecambe (after just scoring six away.) You have to say Barnet are the in-form side and odds-on to stay up.

Not fussed either way just glad we are out of it.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2018, 3:43am; Reply: 22
I don't give a shiny sh1te to quote Jim Royal. I'm absolutely sh1t faced and Town are staying up, the Town are staying up. Bury, Northampton and B@stard scum to play next season, instead of some random southern fookers who i don't give a sh1t about.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 29, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 23
Am I right in thinking that a draw suits both Cov and Morecambe next week?

Not really fussed who goes though. Whoever gets more points deserves to stay up I suppose (3 points in April are worth the same as 3 points in August)
Posted by: RoboCod, April 29, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Abdul19
Am I right in thinking that a draw suits both Cov and Morecambe next week?

Unless Barnet win by about 8 goals (and we are talking Chesterfield here) then I think you're about right.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, April 29, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 25
Barnet always seems to tinker around the relegation zone every year or at least finishing in the lower half of the table. You would think they would learn from their mistakes, but they never do. They just have a conference look to them.

These are their league finishings since 2005 - to their relegation to the conference in 2013...

2005-06   League 2 18th     
2006-07     League 2     14th
2007-08     League 2     12th
2008-09     League 2     17th     
2009-10     League 2     21st     
2010-11     League 2     22nd
2011-12     League 2     22nd
2012-13     League 2     23rd
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 29, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 26
Daft as it sounds and despite all the hard work Barnet have put in over the past few games, it wouldn't surprise me if Chesterfield went and won there next week.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 29, 2018, 11:16am; Reply: 27
Not bothered to be honest, if Barnet stay up it's closer to home when we play them away (if that makes sense) if they go down it's one less bunch of Leary southern tw@ts we'll have to deal with.
Posted by: golfer, April 29, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 28
Hope Barrnitt stay up because Morcumb is harder to spell
Posted by: acko338, April 29, 2018, 7:52pm; Reply: 29
Coventry should do a job next match after their dismantling of Cheltenham.

Chesterfield having a rare win would be Morecambe's get out of jail card.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 30, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from acko338
Coventry should do a job next match after their dismantling of Cheltenham.

Chesterfield having a rare win would be Morecambe's get out of jail card.

Yes, I have a sneaky feeling that Chesterfield might surprise us all. Barnet have had an amazing run, but it's hard to win week after week no matter who you are. Sooner or later something puts a spanner in the works. Just takes one dodgy penalty or a silly red card and anything can happen.

That said, if I were a gambling man I'd say Coventry will beat Morecambe and Barnet will pip them by a point.
Posted by: MarinerMal, April 30, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 31
Having been through the threat of relegation the last few weeks/month and the relief after Saturday I really don't want to be sat in here glee wanting some poor fans team to go through the relegation trap door.

Rather them than us for sure but I feel sorry for whoever does end up being relegated. .
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:58pm