Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 28, 2018, 3:03pm
If I was Bradley Wood I would have a cheeky tenner on ‘One of our own’ 😄
With the added bonus of pi55ing Kris2 right off  ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 28, 2018, 5:05pm; Reply: 1
Whose Bradley wood ?
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 28, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 2
Harry Clifton. He’s one of our own 😄😄😄
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 28, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 3
Lots of 8 out of 10 performances today but Summers was outstanding!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 28, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 4

Summerfield or Hooper for me.
Posted by: fishyfanny, April 28, 2018, 5:47pm; Reply: 5
Yeah, I would have given it to Summers too. He was all over the pitch
Posted by: Grimal, April 28, 2018, 5:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

Summerfield or Hooper for me.

And for me ,both were excellent today but the whole team played really well and made County look ordinary. UTM.

Posted by: ginnywings, April 28, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 7
Harry was magnificent. His intelligent through balls were what we have been missing and his shot deserved better. Hooper, Collins and Clarke were also great but Summers just edged it. They all played really well and 2-1 flattered them. We cut them to pieces at times, but couldn't get the goals we deserved.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 28, 2018, 7:19pm; Reply: 8
Hooper impressed me, but must give it to Harry One Of Our Own Clifton.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 28, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 9
Summerfield
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, April 28, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 10
Hooper for me
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, April 28, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 11
I have to say they all played well but a major incident in the game won it for me. The save by Macca. I know it didn't win the game in itself but at the time it was 1-0 with plenty of time left. If we'd have conceded then things might have been different. He seemed to claw it out from behind him.
Posted by: Garth, April 28, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 12
No one player had a bad game, but for me Summerfield played like a man possessed
Posted by: Badger57, April 28, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 13
Summerfield YET again. Outstanding.
Posted by: jungleland, April 28, 2018, 8:47pm; Reply: 14
Very hard to pick a man of the match today but I would a big shout out for Harry cardwell worked his nuts off chased everything
Posted by: Grimbiggs, April 28, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 15
Clifton by a mile, hit the bar and created nearly all our chances, if only we had a striker who was on the same wavelength.... get a decent striker for him to feed off next season, and he will be a jewel....Summerfield next best today.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 28, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 16
Summerfield for me, thought he was excellent. Hooper's best performance in a Town shirt too.
Posted by: AussieMariner, April 28, 2018, 11:25pm; Reply: 17
Probably unpopular but the player with most impact on the game was maybe Clarke. Not a foot wrong in defence plus a very cooly taken goal.
Posted by: oochiad, April 28, 2018, 11:44pm; Reply: 18
So many good performances, we are playing with such confidence now. My player though was Summerfield, outstanding. I still can’t believe we’ve done it. Really looking forward to next season. UTM!!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 28, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 19
MOM - Summers, again not only the best player in the Town side but also the best player on the pitch.............New deal for him please and also give him the arm band IMHO.  
Posted by: mariner91, April 28, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
I have to say they all played well but a major incident in the game won it for me. The save by Macca. I know it didn't win the game in itself but at the time it was 1-0 with plenty of time left. If we'd have conceded then things might have been different. He seemed to claw it out from behind him.

I really, really hope that we get to see this save in the extended highlights. What an unbelievable piece of goalkeeping.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 28, 2018, 11:55pm; Reply: 21
where are the extended highlights, the short version isnt even up yet, im dieing of suspense
Posted by: Maringer, April 29, 2018, 12:02am; Reply: 22
Probably Summerfield again for me as well, but it was nice to see so many players give him a run for his money for a change!

Regardless of who else is playing for us next season, I hope we see Clifton playing more centrally or perhaps as one of a midfield three. He's done really well since he got into the team and deserves a chance there, despite putting in a good shift out wide for us. Calm on the ball, good feet, decent passer, good movement - just what we need.
Posted by: RonMariner, April 29, 2018, 12:47am; Reply: 23
Hooper was outstanding and tore his marker to shreds, resulting in a substitution that Notts could have done without.

Ran at opponents, beat players, put in good balls, a real threat. I think the left wing spot is his for next season.
Posted by: Grumps, April 29, 2018, 8:34am; Reply: 24
Summerfield was immense and was my MOM but there were also 10 others on the pitch who gave everything and were outstanding
Posted by: newarkmariner, April 29, 2018, 8:48am; Reply: 25
every player was exceptional,Summers was awesome but for me it was the much maligned Clarke took his goal with such confidence and never put a foot wrong at the back has he let Ameobi go home or is he still in his pocket,UTFM
Posted by: golfer, April 29, 2018, 8:56am; Reply: 26
Summerfield for the umpteenth time this season but look how many players have improved beyond all recognition [Hooper,Woolford,Clark etc.] under M.J.   Hooper and Woolford were clearly played out of position as Slade stuck to his obsession of playing certain players to the detriment of the team.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:49pm