Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, April 22, 2018, 2:02pm
What a giant game this could turn out to be.

IF Cambridge take all 3 points on Tuesday from Morcambe it’s a big result for US and BARNET.

That would mean;

If Morcambe draw or beat Barnet next Saturday we are safe no matter what happens in our last 2 games.

If Barnet win on Saturday, Barnet (Home to chesterfield) and Morcambe (away to Coventry) would have to win last game of season and us not to win for us to go down.

If we take 2 points or more we are safe no matter what happens to others around us.

Am not worried about chesterfield they have to win all 3 remaining games to stay up which I highly doubt will happen and ya to loose both games before other results happen.

We all have to be Cambridge supporters Tuesday night.

It really looks good for us if Cambridge win.

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 22, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 1
Just what I was thinking  8)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 22, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 2
I'm not too worried about Chesterfield as they're 10 points behind us with three games left 😉
Posted by: wigworld, April 22, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 3
I don't dislike Morecambe at all, but if it's a choice between our league safety and theirs...

COME ON YOU CAMBRIDGE! (groupwave)
Posted by: somersetmariner, April 22, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 4
Let’s all be united in supporting Cambridge City........ :P
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 22, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm not too worried about Chesterfield as they're 10 points behind us with three games left 😉

It’s the first time I’ve stopped worrying about them tbh
Posted by: Ipswin, April 22, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 6

Forget all the ifs buts and maybes crap about the Cambridge City (sic) game, its irrelevant

If Morecambe draw with Barnet its over, we're safe
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 22, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Ipswin

Forget all the ifs buts and maybes crap about the Cambridge City (sic) game, its irrelevant

If Morecambe draw with Barnet its over, we're safe

Other than Morecambe play Cambridge first! Morecambe win, they're on the beach before they play Barnet.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 22, 2018, 3:55pm; Reply: 8
Morecambe vs Cambridge isn't irrelevant. Far from it.
Posted by: oldun, April 22, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 9
Don't forget we have games to play. So let's just beat Notts County then it is irrelevant what others do.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 22, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 10
Am i missing something? Its Cambridge United?
Posted by: Ipswin, April 22, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Hagrid
Am i missing something? Its Cambridge United?

scott_gtfc_89 thinks its City

I hope its United (Cambridge City are crap!  :)  
Posted by: RonMariner, April 23, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 12
Can't wait for it to be settled. I can't stand the 90 minutes of nail biting and every sodding Tuesday night and Saturday afternoon.

Be good it Cambridge so win though. I was very disappointed that Newport caved so easily at the weekend.
Posted by: Meza, April 23, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 13
I'll stick my next out ere goes

Morecambe 0-2 Cambridge

Grimsby 1-1 Notts County

Barnet 1-1 Morecambe
Posted by: forza ivano, April 23, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 14
i've stuck a fiver on Morecambe to try and jinx them!
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 23, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Meza
I'll stick my next out ere goes

Morecambe 0-2 Cambridge

Grimsby 1-1 Notts County

Barnet 1-1 Morecambe

Morecambe are at home to Barnet which helps considering their poor away record.
Posted by: Meza, April 23, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Posh Harry

Thanks Harry.....i couldn't remember
Posted by: ginnywings, April 23, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 17
Morecambe have lost the least amount of games of the bottom 10 teams and draw a lot, so they are more likely to not lose a game than they are to lose, based on the season so far. They are experts at doing just enough to survive. It's a tough game for Barnet going there, but obviously, i would prefer it if Morecambe still had work to do to be safe.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 23, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Posh Harry

We need Morecambe to lose tomorrow night knowing they need to win at home to Barnet to guarantee league 2 football next season, they’ll know it will be hard to get anything away at Coventry, I think we’ll draw Saturday and I also think Barnet and Morecambe will be a draw.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4

We need Morecambe to lose tomorrow night knowing they need to win at home to Barnet to guarantee league 2 football next season, they’ll know it will be hard to get anything away at Coventry, I think we’ll draw Saturday and I also think Barnet and Morecambe will be a draw.

That is the ONE result I will have most wished for this season above all others. Nothing else will provide such instant relief. gratification even  :)
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 23, 2018, 11:33pm; Reply: 20
Well - going to see Morecambe versus Cambridge United with my CUFC hat on this time. Got to decide whether to be a fish out of water and sit with the 25 or so Cambridge fans or mingle in with the 1100 Shrimps fans and pretend to be a flounder.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 24, 2018, 5:00am; Reply: 21
Just want us to get a win on Saturday, to be honest.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 24, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 22
Not looking good I'm afraid. Fancy making Cambridge city play last night and then force them to play the next night hundreds of miles away in morecambe :)I
To add insult to injury they suffered a shock loss to Barton Rovers who are really shiite
Posted by: MarinerMal, April 24, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 23
Cambridge struggling with injuries and taking a 'bare bones' squad to Morecambe tonight

[url]https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/injury-news-cambridge-united-short-14564980[/url]
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, April 24, 2018, 12:06pm; Reply: 24
Great stuff!!! Joe Dunne is essentially interviewing for the job full time though so I'm certain he'll be picking a team to go out and win the game
Posted by: RonMariner, April 24, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MarinerMal
Cambridge struggling with injuries and taking a 'bare bones' squad to Morecambe tonight

[url]https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/injury-news-cambridge-united-short-14564980[/url]

Not what we want to hear.

Morecambe will probably win tonight and then not give a fig against Barnet.

Still, if we are going to stay up we will need to earn it. Whatever happens on Saturday I think we can win at FGR.  
Posted by: Abdul19, April 24, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 26
Morecambe may not have anything to play for on Saturday but that doesn't automatically equal a Barnet win. They got battered at a nothing to play for Stevenage 3 weeks ago.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, April 24, 2018, 7:11pm; Reply: 27
All Cambridge for the next 2 or so hours are we?
Posted by: RonMariner, April 24, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Abdul19
Morecambe may not have anything to play for on Saturday but that doesn't automatically equal a Barnet win. They got battered at a nothing to play for Stevenage 3 weeks ago.

That's a good point. I think we tend to assume that a team not involved in relegation or promotion will automatically lose to a side that is. But in reality it doesn't always work that way. These days players are on win bonuses, and always keen to put in a performance that might earn them a contract, or a move, or just a regular first team spot to maximise their earnings.

Regardless of the result tonight Morecambe will want to win in front of their fans on Saturday. Barnet have had some good results recently but they are still a poor team, not world beaters. I think a draw on Saturday is very likely.  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 25, 2018, 1:10pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Teestogreen
Well - going to see Morecambe versus Cambridge United with my CUFC hat on this time. Got to decide whether to be a fish out of water and sit with the 25 or so Cambridge fans or mingle in with the 1100 Shrimps fans and pretend to be a flounder.

Do I need to speak to admin about identity theft?  ;)
Posted by: Teestogreen, April 26, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Do I need to speak to admin about identity theft?  ;)

;D

Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:51am