Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 22, 2018, 7:59am
Whether you like them or not, following promotion to National League, they're doing a 24 hour season ticket sale - £100 adult, £50 kids.
Posted by: Green27, April 22, 2018, 8:10am; Reply: 1
Woking’s were £99 last season full stop. In a much more expensive area of the country sadly they might only be rewarded with relegation.
Posted by: ska face, April 22, 2018, 8:32am; Reply: 2
They’re owned by a group of multi-millionaire property developers and a Singapore-based billionaire (Peter Lim). If people think Forest Green are bad, these are infitinitely worse, the absolute worst of modern football. Money is no object to them really so they can afford to do tickets at these prices.
Posted by: sydney, April 22, 2018, 8:32am; Reply: 3
Hated in Non League
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 22, 2018, 8:43am; Reply: 4
The Man U boys front it while peter lim pays for it , all because he wants to knock around with the class of 92  ::)
Wish we could find a billionaire benefactor
Posted by: CodHead, April 22, 2018, 9:02am; Reply: 5
Who actually cares about Salford, rather focus on Town instead of having to play them next season
Posted by: LH, April 22, 2018, 9:14am; Reply: 6
Definitely worse than FGR. At least their fans are in the most part local people (bar a few Ecotricity employees). Salford have got people from all over the place wanting to go watch them because of the Gary Neville twitter backing they get. How many documentaries has their been on them now?
Posted by: RonMariner, April 22, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 7
Looks like they will buy their way to the Conference title next year.

Another reason why we must stay up this year. Next years automatic promotion spot is already taken.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, April 22, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 8
Read that Gary Neville has ambitions of getting Salford in the Championship and playing in a 20,000 stadium, crazytalk, they average 1500 and chances are if you live in Salford you support United. It's nothing more than a vanity hobbie run by people who can afford to lose money on it.
Posted by: Ipswin, April 22, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face
They’re owned by a group of multi-millionaire property developers and a Singapore-based billionaire (Peter Lim). If people think Forest Green are bad, these are infitinitely worse, the absolute worst of modern football. Money is no object to them really so they can afford to do tickets at these prices.

I can perhaps understand people's hatred and scorn about Premier League teams (its down to jealousy mostly in my opinion - if Town were up there no fornicator would be moaning then) but to moan about and be clearly jealous of a team who have just got up into a league the wonderful Grimsby Town consider just too far below them and too awful to contemplate is sad.

So they are funded by some rich illegitimate (don't you wish Town were - I do) and fronted by some great football names of the past but, in another form perhaps, they have existed as a club since 1940 and are not some new creation like MK Dons or the ridiculous FC United of Manchester for instance

Personally I hope we are playing them the season after next (in Div 2 of course)
Posted by: golfer, April 22, 2018, 4:28pm; Reply: 10
Understand GTFC are letting present S.T. Holders have them free next season to make up for the disappointment and stress caused these last 2 seasons. This did not come as a suprise to anybody who knew our non-chairman.
Posted by: ska face, April 22, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin

I can perhaps understand people's hatred and scorn about Premier League teams (its down to jealousy mostly in my opinion - if Town were up there no fornicator would be moaning then) but to moan about and be clearly jealous of a team who have just got up into a league the wonderful Grimsby Town consider just too far below them and too awful to contemplate is sad.

So they are funded by some rich illegitimate (don't you wish Town were - I do) and fronted by some great football names of the past but, in another form perhaps, they have existed as a club since 1940 and are not some new creation like MK Dons or the ridiculous FC United of Manchester for instance

Personally I hope we are playing them the season after next (in Div 2 of course)

Jealous of Salford? You’ll have to try harder than that!

Never been a fan of bored millionaires using clubs as vanity projects (hello John), even less so when they’ve been rimmed to within an inch of their lives by the cranks at the BBC and Sky.

I couldn’t give a fiddler’s intercourse about Salford, but I remember watching one of their party political broadcasts on behalf of Gary Neville’s bank balance, where they interviewed a bloke who’d been volunteering there for decades. He’d been effectively pushed out to make way for the billionaire money machine and was clearly gutted.

intercourse the class of 92 and the horse they rode in on.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 22, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from golfer
Understand GTFC are letting present S.T. Holders have them free next season to make up for the disappointment and stress caused these last 2 seasons. This did not come as a suprise to anybody who knew our non-chairman.

I'll have to think about it.

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, April 22, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Ipswin

Not sure what is ridiculous about F.C. Manchester fans, thought they were the people who turned their backs on Man Utd for “selling out” to the Glaziers, so one would assume a hard core of these are real football fans rather then many of the premiership’s plastic fans who just want to follow whichever successful side is at the top when they take the plunge.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 22, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
Read that Gary Neville has ambitions of getting Salford in the Championship and playing in a 20,000 stadium, crazytalk, they average 1500 and chances are if you live in Salford you support United. It's nothing more than a vanity hobbie run by people who can afford to lose money on it.

Yeah but if you live in Salford it's unlikely you can afford a ticket to United.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 22, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not sure what is ridiculous about F.C. Manchester fans, thought they were the people who turned their backs on Man Utd for “selling out” to the Glaziers, so one would assume a hard core of these are real football fans rather then many of the premiership’s plastic fans who just want to follow whichever successful side is at the top when they take the plunge.

Agree, I'm not sure I see the difference between FC Manchester and AFC Wimbledon to be honest, but the latter are given plaudits left right and center.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2018, 1:40am; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Agree, I'm not sure I see the difference between FC Manchester and AFC Wimbledon to be honest, but the latter are given plaudits left right and center.

Both are given plaudits. AFCW were one of the first 'big' clubs to play FCUM when they were founded. Remember going to watch a game at Kingsmeadow. Might have been in the Supporters Direct Cup.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, April 23, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 17
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah but if you live in Salford it's unlikely you can afford a ticket to United.

From the Salfordians I know, some go to Old Trafford, a lot go the pub to watch United and pretty much all don't really care about Salford City outside of the BBC series.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 23, 2018, 11:07am; Reply: 18
Quoted from CodHead
Who actually cares about Salford, rather focus on Town instead of having to play them next season

It's worth looking at what over clubs are doing. We're hardly a roaring commercial success, are we? Lincoln's support mushroomed, they've sold themselves better to the local community than what we have. Yes, success of the field helps, but marketing is still important to maximise our income and support levels.
Posted by: Bignic69, April 23, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from ska face

It is what it is, its football snobbery to say its any worse than any other club just because they are getting bankrolled now. If Town suddenly gained a mega rich owner or investor would we become a excrement club over night? Answer.....only in the eyes of clubs without the same level of wealth.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, April 23, 2018, 5:31pm; Reply: 20
So glad they've been promoted and copulated off out of our way. Massive nuisance.

Huge budget and they are paying Jack Redshaw over 2k a week. Ridiculous money for our level.

It'll all go mammaries up eventually, it's the genuine fans from 4/5 years ago I feel for. A lot of them boycotted the club when they changed the team colours from Red to Orange & changed the badge.

Unfortunately, those owners can do what they want with the amount of money they have.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:24pm