Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 20, 2018, 12:28pm
Just as some sort of indication.  How many of you would go to FGR if we still need something to stay up?
Personally I don't think I would.  Burton was just so sh1t on so many levels I really don't think I want to witness anything like that ever again.
I've no doubt we would sell our allocation, but there were a few hundred or more in the Burton stands and they gave us more than 900.
lets hope it will not even be an issue. !!!!!
Posted by: GrimRob, April 20, 2018, 1:01pm; Reply: 1
Just imagine we had won at Burton and Barnet had lost that day. It would have been the mother of all parties and you would have been there! Everyone would be asking you for years what it was like. It would be like having been at Woodstock.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 20, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 2
As I mentioned on another thread, it is possible that we will both need 1 point to be safe on the last day, so hopefully then it will be a proper boring 0-0 snorefest!  ;)
Posted by: GyMariner, April 20, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 3
What’s are the rules with playing out a 0-0 draw? Is it classed as match fixing if both teams purposely try not to score?  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 20, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from GyMariner
What’s are the rules with playing out a 0-0 draw? Is it classed as match fixing if both teams purposely try not to score?  

Only if Bradley Wood has a bet on it  ;)
Posted by: Zmariner, April 20, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GyMariner

Would not be an issue for us , when they analysed our goals for records and strikers records the jury would dismiss the case
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 20, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Zmariner

Would not be an issue for us , when they analysed our goals for records and strikers records the jury would dismiss the case

It's when they realise we have kept a clean sheet away from home when they will be suspicious
Posted by: Kris2, April 20, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
Just imagine we had won at Burton and Barnet had lost that day. It would have been the mother of all parties and you would have been there! Everyone would be asking you for years what it was like. It would be like having been at Woodstock.

Instead it was like Woodstock 99 when everyone rioted and trashed the place.
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, April 20, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 8
To appreciate the highs you have to risk seeing the lows.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 20, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob

We did that the year before at Bournemouth. John Fenty and the board learned nothing then and we went down 12 months later. It seems he has yet to learn. Time up John.
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, April 20, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob

I booked a late train back home to Cardiff after that game, in the hope we might have stayed up and had a party. Worst evening ever sat at Burton train station!
Posted by: wigworld, April 20, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 11
Difference is, I don't think anyone really believed that we would go down at Burton. Now we know it's all too real a possibility.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 9:19am