Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: denni266, April 19, 2018, 4:25pm
According to the tellywag  Villa are not happy with the lack of playing time for  Suliman who is on loan here ..
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 19, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 1
I wouldn't be either to be honest, loan and England under 23 player out to one of the worst teams in the country you would expect him to be playing. But Villa should also be asking questions of Sulliman if he couldn't force his way in and depose Clarke or Collins.
Posted by: denni266, April 19, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 2
I wouldn't be either to be honest, loan and England under 23 player out to one of the worst teams in the country you would expect him to be playing. But Villa should also be asking questions of Sulliman if he couldn't force his way in and depose Clarke or Collins.

second part is a very valid point
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 19, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 3
He will be playing at Swindon because we are playing all the defenders that are fit.

Hoping for a 0-0.
Posted by: Cloudy, April 19, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 4
I wouldn't be surprised if Villa are not happy BUT it seems this is a journalists story with no great semblance of fact.

No quotes nothing to say Villa have expressed any concern.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 19, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 5
In the grand scheme of things, who gives a intercourse what they think?
Posted by: Mallyner, April 19, 2018, 8:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from denni266
According to the tellywag  Villa are not happy with the lack of playing time for  Suliman who is on loan here ..

I can see where they are coming from and I believe he will have a great career, but I beg their pardon, did we promise he would have a rose garden.  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, April 19, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 7
Think it's a bit of a put down, in the "why can't our good young England player get in your sh1t side" category.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 19, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
Think it's a bit of a put down, in the "why can't our good young England player get in your sh1t side" category.

A put down quite possibly.  It also a valid point. !!
Posted by: ginnywings, April 19, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 9
I don't think he should be playing in a cut and thrust league 2 dogfight personally. Not enough experience and i don't imagine when he was brought in, we envisaged being in said dogfight.
Posted by: denni266, April 19, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't think he should be playing in a cut and thrust league 2 dogfight personally. Not enough experience and i don't imagine when he was brought in, we envisaged being in said dogfight.

I dont think any one thought we would be in a relagation dog fight after them 3 wins on the trot put us just outside the playoff spots,, something must have happened badley for us to go on this terible run since then
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 19, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from denni266

I dont think any one thought we would be in a relagation dog fight after them 3 wins on the trot put us just outside the playoff spots,, something must have happened badley for us to go on this terible run since then

It was always going to happen after the abysmal recruitment in the summer, the prehistoric 'tactics' from Slade and the dismantling of anyone that could control a football.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 19, 2018, 10:37pm; Reply: 12
I'm guessing Jolley (who sees him everyday) just doesn't think he's up to it. Kids football is different, maybe he's not ready for the step up yet?
Posted by: Tommy, April 20, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Abdul19
I'm guessing Jolley (who sees him everyday) just doesn't think he's up to it. Kids football is different, maybe he's not ready for the step up yet?

I've said this too.

International u19/u20 football is all technical, patient possession-building football. Huge difference to the hustle and bustle of a relegation scrap in League 2.

Not saying he wouldn't be a success if he would've played in the team, but it's not a given that he would've been. We've seen him for 53 minutes so hardly time to judge him, and he certainly didn't stand out as being better than this level in that game.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 20, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 14
Villa? if we stay up I don’t care what they think he’s a decent prospect for sure but I doubt if he’s an Andy Todd at this stage.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 20, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Tommy

I've said this too.

International u19/u20 football is all technical, patient possession-building football. Huge difference to the hustle and bustle of a relegation scrap in League 2.

Not saying he wouldn't be a success if he would've played in the team, but it's not a given that he would've been. We've seen him for 53 minutes so hardly time to judge him, and he certainly didn't stand out as being better than this level in that game.

I've seen most of our games this season and can say I have judged some of our defence, Clarke & Dixon for example to be excrement but it hasn't stopped them from being picked.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 21, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 16
It’s not just about how Villa feel though.  It’s about how we are seen to treat loan players.
I’m not ITK with what the deal with Villa was. But I’m pretty sure we would have been expected to give the lad some game time. The last thing we need is a bad reputation on that front. We can’t judge as we haven’t seen him in training but he must have thought he was in with a chance or he wouldn’t have come here.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2018, 11:20am; Reply: 17
I agree with Civvy we might get a bad name with some clubs by taking promising young players with the remit that they will get some game time,

It might come back and bite us on the foot in the future,

Having said that Jolley is a different kettle of fish to Slade so if he brings some young players in next season ( if we are still in the league ) he will play them or not bring them in at all.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 21, 2018, 11:47am; Reply: 18
Quoted from grimsby pete
I agree with Civvy we might get a bad name with some clubs by taking promising young players with the remit that they will get some game time,

It might come back and bite us on the foot in the future,

Having said that Jolley is a different kettle of fish to Slade so if he brings some young players in next season ( if we are still in the league ) he will play them or not bring them in at all.

A season's a long time though. Surely you can't plan to play someone for 46 games? Whether they play every week is also down to them as well as him.

And signing, I dunno, Dougie Wilson and never playing him didn't stop us getting Conor Townsend back! (top of head example, could well be a terrible one!)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 21, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Abdul19

A season's a long time though. Surely you can't plan to play someone for 46 games? Whether they play every week is also down to them as well as him.

And signing, I dunno, Dougie Wilson and never playing him didn't stop us getting Conor Townsend back! (top of head example, could well be a terrible one!)

I did not mean they have to play every game just a reasonable amount of starts depending on the length  of the loan.

He is with us for 3 months so out of about 15 games 5 starts and 5 subs would be reasonable in my opinion
Posted by: Abdul19, April 21, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 20
I see what you're saying but I don't see how promises can be made for things like that (and nor should they be).

I suppose the Suliman situation is made more tricky by Slade leaving 2 games after he joined (although he didn't play in those!).
Posted by: golfer, April 21, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 21
I think we have had loan players where for some reason we have been forced to play them-2 that spring to mind are Robertson  and that guy in the gloves who was always trying to fly-Comley from QPR. Absolutely useless the pair of them
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:02pm