Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 17, 2018, 1:16pm
I'm going for two records this season...

Until Saturday I'd been to 9 games this year and not seen us score a single goal.

I've also just booked another return trip from LA for the FGR game. In the last 4 weeks and including the FGR game I would have done that trip 3 times - clocking nearly 36,000 miles to see three Grimsby games.  :o :o :o :o

Has anyone had a similarly ridiculously set of travels to see the mighty mariners?

UTM
Posted by: Doctor Sanchez, April 17, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 1
Nothing like that but I went to the game at Boreham Wood a few years ago while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Glasgow.  I had to change flights at Heathrow and deliberately booked the connecting flight to be 8 hours after I arrived at Heathrow so I could sneak along to the match.  It was worthwhile in the end as we won 3-1.
Posted by: supertown, April 17, 2018, 1:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from sutton mariner

Until Saturday I'd been to 9 games this year and not seen us score a single goal.

I've also just booked another return trip from LA for the FGR game. In the last 4 weeks and including the FGR game I would have done that trip 3 times - clocking nearly 36,000 miles to see three Grimsby games.  :o :o :o :o

Has anyone had a similarly ridiculously set of travels to see the mighty mariners?

UTM

Wow, that’s impressive. What sort of cost is it
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 17, 2018, 1:59pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from supertown

Wow, that’s impressive. What sort of cost is it

A horrific amount of money, something like £10 for every minute of football watched.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 17, 2018, 2:02pm; Reply: 4
I sometimes travel from Suffolk ,

That is Suffolk England not Suffolk USA.

Off topic but when I worked for Suffolk County Council they had a arrangement that some of our senior staff would go and live and work in Suffolk USA for a year while the  yanks came over and worked for us.

I was not senior enough. :B
Posted by: AussieMariner, April 17, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 5

UTM

I was over from Aus in Sept/oct for 4 games including 3 nil all draws plus the 2-1 win at PV so I can’t claim that record.  But I’m just about to fly over for the Swindon  match and also plan to go to Notts C and FG. That’s about 68000 kms for 7 games.
Admittedly I do have other reasons for being in the Old Dart but Town games are a big incentive.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 17, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 6

Well done to all of you, there's times this season I've found it hard to drag myself down to BP and it takes me less than 10 mins on the bus   :B
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 17, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 7
Went from Scunthorpe to Cardiff on a 50cc moped, felt like 36,000 miles.
Posted by: LH, April 17, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 8
Depending which way you go you can walk from my house to BP via the 1980s.
Posted by: Bignic69, April 17, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 9

A horrific amount of money, something like £10 for every minute of football watched.

U must be able to oust fenty with that kind of money  ;D
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 17, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Bignic69

U must be able to oust fenty with that kind of money  ;D

#SuttonMarinerForNewChairmanNonChairman
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 17, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 11

You will get the Fishy vote. :)
Posted by: livosnose, April 17, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 12
I reserved a personal day this year in case we got the play off final.  I would have been flying 4800 miles from the Cayman Islands........think I'm now off to the beach instead.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, April 17, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 13
It would be great to see the location of Fishy posters plotted on a map.  We have some amazing fans to be proud of
Posted by: Posh Harry, April 17, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH
Depending which way you go you can walk from my house to BP via the 1980s.

You’d still be a decade in front of New Zealand 😊
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, April 17, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 15

Spending 3 nights in LA at the end of August will look out for a Grimsby shirt😄
Posted by: denni266, April 17, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 16
i can walk to the ground in 10 mins and stop off for fags on the way
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 4:37pm