Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 12, 2018, 11:39am
Sounds like he's getting his excuses in early, or is it just Mad Dog mind games?

Not really sure of his definition of  "just a few years ago" either.

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2018/april/news--martin-allen-speaks-to-supporters-ahead-of-grimsby-trip/
Posted by: Mariner16, April 12, 2018, 11:44am; Reply: 1
Mind games
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 12, 2018, 11:46am; Reply: 2
Trying to get the underdog vibe going but it just sounds a bit crazy
Posted by: forza ivano, April 12, 2018, 11:46am; Reply: 3
the vast majority of those are lads who've hardly played all season.Vilhete and akinola are the only 2 regulars who are out, whilst those late fitness tests on 3 first team regulars (especially akinde)rather smacks of mind games. and with a squad of 30+ i don't think he's got too many problems

barnet fans obviously think the same http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13267&sid=7aca87a801b986679bd703d871eaeaca  (look out for the mention of the god-like Jude Sterling
Posted by: GyMariner, April 12, 2018, 11:50am; Reply: 4
Crazy statement, he may as well be telling the barnet fans to not bother
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, April 12, 2018, 11:52am; Reply: 5
Well that was a depressing address to the fans.... No rallying call, no positivity, no fighting spirit and he basically said he doesn't expect fans to travel. Compare that to Jolley's statements and they're world's apart.

Call it mind games etc but to me it sounds like Mad Dog bas already accepted defeat. I wouldn't be happy reading that as a Barnet fan or player.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 12, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 6
'Hit form' haha.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 12, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 7
Bizarre ending to that statement.  I'm not sure if they've missed off something along the lines of "But your support is really appreciated and it helps".  Otherwise it just reads as 'Don't bother coming'.

Not sure what he thinks constitutes us hitting form either.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 12, 2018, 12:20pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from diehardmariner
Bizarre ending to that statement.  I'm not sure if they've missed off something along the lines of "But your support is really appreciated and it helps".  Otherwise it just reads as 'Don't bother coming'.

Not sure what he thinks constitutes us hitting form either.

Thought the same, doesn't exactly end on a positive note.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 12, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 9
Reverse psychology. He knows exactly what he's doing and his team will be very much up for it.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, April 12, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 10
A lot of there fans travelled here 2010 when we beat them in another relegation 6 pointer.A busload got dropped off outside a packed Imp Car Park.Then after being silly with offensive hand gestures from the safety of the coach whilst stuck in traffic they were attacked and had to run a gauntlet through Mcdonalds .Then after the game a full pitch invasion ensued and again they came in for grief as I recall a lot of this hostility was down to rumours of Scunny fans coming to take the p1ss going in the Barnet end? However it won`t have left a good taste for any genuine Barnet fans and it`s not that surprising they don`t fancy a repeat and should we lose it could easily turn nasty very quickly. :-/
Posted by: sam gy, April 12, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 11
It really was such a comfortable win away at Barnet earlier in the season. Fingers crossed for the same again.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 12, 2018, 12:52pm; Reply: 12

He's heard Mighty Mariner is back. 😂
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 12, 2018, 3:20pm; Reply: 13
8,000 fans, what's he on?
Posted by: gary_elton, April 12, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 14
Mind games... I expect an almost full strength Barnet with 3 late fitness tests proving they're all fit and raring to go... including "make mine a penalty"  Akinde....where does he get 8,000 from  ?  I don't expect many will travel tho... 100 to 150 at most... I think we'll get 5,000 to 5,500 of the Black and White Army in.... 3 points needed and we could be home and dry... fingers crossed... COME ON YOU MIGHTY MARINERS  !!!
Posted by: oldun, April 12, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 15
He is not called mad dog for nothing. That statement is a pure wind up. Needs to be ignored and we concentrate on what we need to do. MJ is far too clever to be taken in by that drivel"
Posted by: Tommy, April 12, 2018, 4:29pm; Reply: 16
Take that with a big pinch of salt.

Although, still a very strange thing to put out to Barnet supporters. Even if some of them recognise he's attempting some silly mind games, still sends a strange message to them.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 12, 2018, 4:38pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from oldun
He is not called mad dog for nothing. That statement is a pure wind up. Needs to be ignored and we concentrate on what we need to do. MJ is far too clever to be taken in by that drivel"

100%

this from the barnet forum

I love Allen’s kidology in his interviews , in the last interview he “didn’t know how many games we had left and who we were playing next”, great stuff!!.

sums it up. 100% bollox from allen
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 12, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 18
I hope he doesn't forget to bring his lunch box  ;D
Posted by: Mikey_345, April 12, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 19
Typical Allen. Unfortunately after a while it loses its affect!

Pretty sure everyone sees through his bs by now.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 12, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mikey_345
Typical Allen. Unfortunately after a while it loses its affect!

Pretty sure everyone sees through his bs by now.

I think MJ won't give a toss what he's been saying or even care , we will be fired up and ready to go by 3pm on Saturday
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 2:04am