Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, April 11, 2018, 8:35am
Now I don't watch much top flight football but chose as a neutral to watch both legs of this

Observations
1. Liverpool had better tactics over 2 games
2. City had a surprising lack of threatening attacking players, notable that dzeko scored for roma last night. No muscle or.aerial threat.
3. City and pundits blamed officials but city didn't get enough shots on target
4. Silva was disappointing, de bruyne played as deep as fernandinho and sane was offside constantly.
5. Guardiola sending off was a completely unnecessary hissy fit!!
6. Lack of city subs was ridiculous
7. Well done Liverpool,  even lovren had a decent game 😆
Posted by: Bignic69, April 11, 2018, 9:25am; Reply: 1
Lovren actually looks decent alongside Virgil Van Dyke
Posted by: Davec, April 11, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Bignic69
Lovren actually looks decent alongside Virgil Van Dyke

Sally Anne Howes didn't look too bad alongside male private Van Dyke
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 11, 2018, 4:50pm; Reply: 3
Liverpool's win had nothing to do with Henderson not playing I assume.
Posted by: mariner91, April 11, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Gaffer58
Liverpool's win had nothing to do with Henderson not playing I assume.

As he played in their 3-0 win last week, I doubt it.
Posted by: Tommy, April 11, 2018, 11:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
Now I don't watch much top flight football but chose as a neutral to watch both legs of this

Observations
1. Liverpool had better tactics over 2 games
2. City had a surprising lack of threatening attacking players, notable that dzeko scored for roma last night. No muscle or.aerial threat.
3. City and pundits blamed officials but city didn't get enough shots on target
4. Silva was disappointing, de bruyne played as deep as fernandinho and sane was offside constantly.
5. Guardiola sending off was a completely unnecessary hissy fit!!
6. Lack of city subs was ridiculous
7. Well done Liverpool,  even lovren had a decent game 😆

They had one on target that should've been a goal though when Sane (wrongly given offside) scored. Which would've made it 2-0 and very interesting from then on.

Come to think of it they had a very questionable one ruled out in the first leg didn't they as well?
Posted by: barrattstandman, April 12, 2018, 1:50pm; Reply: 6
Tommy , if  Sane scored and Salam didn’t and Firmino  didn’t and Liverpool hadn’t won  3-0 at Anfield then City would have won. Life’s full of ifs isn’t it . Ifs don’t really count only facts and the fact is City only had 3 shots on target in 90 minutes and  Liverpool  scored 5 to City’s 1 fact !
Posted by: Tommy, April 12, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from barrattstandman
Tommy , if  Sane scored and Salam didn’t and Firmino  didn’t and Liverpool hadn’t won  3-0 at Anfield then City would have won. Life’s full of ifs isn’t it . Ifs don’t really count only facts and the fact is City only had 3 shots on target in 90 minutes and  Liverpool  scored 5 to City’s 1 fact !

Yeah I get your point. "If my aunt had balls she'd by my uncle" and all that.

On the other hand certain moments can change what happens later. Eg if Sane goal the other night was allowed, you never know if Liverpool would've gone on to score or whether they'd have wilted under the pressure that city would've ramped up a notch after making it 2-0. Obviously we'll never know.

As a neutral that's how I see it. Liverpool deserved to go through in the end but we'll never know what might have happened without the officials making those decisions.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 5:30pm