Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, April 10, 2018, 7:29am
Welcome back... utm
Posted by: Mallyner, April 10, 2018, 7:41am; Reply: 1
Fantastic news in my opinion Andy Carr is a great guy and I miss his antics. :)
Posted by: Grim74, April 10, 2018, 8:06am; Reply: 2
Fantastic news,! I don't know Andy personally but he's great at what he does there's only one Mighty Mariner! Have to say he's great for kids party's I fully recommend him.
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 10, 2018, 8:20am; Reply: 3
Fantastic news :)
Posted by: LondonMariner43, April 10, 2018, 8:42am; Reply: 4
The Club seems to have turned over a new leaf lately.

I wonder if Mr Jolley had any involvement in this decision?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, April 10, 2018, 8:43am; Reply: 5
About time I can`t say I thought Mighty Mariner was that important however I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong.Welcome back Andy.UTM
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 10, 2018, 8:43am; Reply: 6
Quoted from LondonMariner43
The Club seems to have turned over a new leaf lately.

I wonder if Mr Jolley had any involvement in this decision?

Nahhhh
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 10, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 7
Aren't we past the deadline for signing free agents?  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, April 10, 2018, 10:08am; Reply: 8
Brilliant news. It was a gross injustice getting rid of Andy. Can we have the Ball Boys back too?! We are losing playing time every game at BP because of the delay getting the ball back in play.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 10, 2018, 10:12am; Reply: 9
where does it say this?
Posted by: quebec38, April 10, 2018, 10:12am; Reply: 10
Brilliant news. It will be fantastic to see the real Mighty back on Saturday and I hope it will continue in to next season. I did notice the last couple of games there hadn’t been anyone in the suit (unless I missed it) so also thanks to the club for making the right decision and bringing him back. The 13th man!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 10, 2018, 10:21am; Reply: 11
where does it say this?

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/hes-back-original-mighty-mariner-1436820
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 10, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 12
is he matchday fit though? been out for quite some time. Have his legs gone? etc etc
Posted by: Abdul19, April 10, 2018, 11:31am; Reply: 13
What's the obsession with bringing back former mascots? For me, Clive, we need to be looking at bringing in fresh ideas; either a mascot who's worked his way up through the leagues, or one with a pro licence that's looking to make the move away from academy football.
Posted by: RoboCod, April 10, 2018, 11:33am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
is he matchday fit though? been out for quite some time. Have his legs gone? etc etc

As long as he doesn't lose his head ::)
Posted by: ginnywings, April 10, 2018, 11:42am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
What's the obsession with bringing back former mascots? For me, Clive, we need to be looking at bringing in fresh ideas; either a mascot who's worked his way up through the leagues, or one with a pro licence that's looking to make the move away from academy football.

Yeah, we could go back to York again and recruit Yorkie the Lion. Had a few lean seasons and is ready to get back into the league. Knows a few of the players etc...
Posted by: Caveman, April 10, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 16
....or maybe we could go back to Pontoon Pete who always
ran on the pitch before the game with a homosexual in his mouth.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 10, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 17
[quote=832]....or maybe we could go back to Pontoon Pete who always
ran on the pitch before the game with a homosexual in his mouth.[/quote

Way too much detail. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Caveman, April 10, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 18
I said CIGARETTE.
Posted by: mariner91, April 10, 2018, 12:47pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Caveman
....or maybe we could go back to Pontoon Pete who always
ran on the pitch before the game with a homosexual in his mouth.

Not sure that would be suitable in front of children.
Posted by: LeeVanCleef, April 10, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 20

CDAJATL
Posted by: HistonMariner, April 10, 2018, 2:46pm; Reply: 21
No doubt good news, but...

His fitness must be in doubt. His long lay-off can only have been exacerbated by his well documented severe travel
sickness record - the after effects being witnessed at Guisley and confirmed by Cleethorpes Mark.

He told me in Willys he never thought he’d be back. I suggested once a Mariner always a Mariner and wagered an
orange juice he would be. Having won the bet, Andy, I’d be perfectly happy to buy the said juice.

UTMM. And hopefully more good news Saturday.
Posted by: HistonMariner, April 10, 2018, 2:47pm; Reply: 22
No doubt good news, but...

His fitness must be in doubt. His long lay-off can only have been exacerbated by his well documented severe travel
sickness record - the after effects being witnessed at Guisley and confirmed by Cleethorpes Mark.

He told me in Willys he never thought he’d be back. I suggested once a Mariner always a Mariner and wagered an
orange juice he would be. Having won the bet, Andy, I’d be perfectly happy to buy the said juice.

UTMM. And hopefully more good news Saturday.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 10, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 23

He will need time to gel.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 10, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

He will need time to gel.

Who can tell under that mask?
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 10, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 25
It's a good job Slade is still not the manager, telling him to sign up a mascot he would have trawled non league and brought in 4, he would have said he was building for next season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 10, 2018, 5:46pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Gaffer58
It's a good job Slade is still not the manager, telling him to sign up a mascot he would have trawled non league and brought in 4, he would have said he was building for next season.

I think Bignot would have done, and he'd be right about 2. Slade would have shipped out the 2 good ones out and signed a mascot from a big club fallen on hard times, who was knocking on a bit.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 10, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 27
He clearly must have apologised to JF for going against the company line in the past...found some additional income to pay for the "matchday experiences" and no doubt signed a gagging order not to reveal anything about the former episode in his future auto biography
Mariner Memories..From inside the suit
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:09pm