Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Skrill, April 5, 2018, 10:49pm
As Scampton airshow is cancelled for 2018, Cleethorpes Airshow is a go! Very good! Lets hope they have a decent selection.
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/cleethorpes-could-host-one-countrys-898689
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 7, 2018, 12:47am; Reply: 1
Good news for the town. And the old dear is guaranteed another visit  ;)
Posted by: Simariner, April 9, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 2
Red Arrows confirmed too!!    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 10, 2018, 11:21am; Reply: 3
I just love airshows! Anybody go to the Finningley shows in the 70’s/80’s? I saw the Galaxy at Finningley, we walked through it, that would have been around 1980(ish)
Posted by: Simariner, April 11, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I just love airshows! Anybody go to the Finningley shows in the 70’s/80’s? I saw the Galaxy at Finningley, we walked through it, that would have been around 1980(ish)

I used to go in the late 90's.   I was obsessed with the Harrier (might be wrong) that used to hover in mid air and slowly move backwards...

I used to live in Binbrook too when I was young and saw a couple of airshows there with the fabulous lightnings.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 11, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Simariner

I used to go in the late 90's.   I was obsessed with the Harrier (might be wrong) that used to hover in mid air and slowly move backwards...

I used to live in Binbrook too when I was young and saw a couple of airshows there with the fabulous lightnings.  

That's two iconic, ahead of their time planes right there Si. Not sure if the current crop will be remembered fondly in 30-40 years time.
Posted by: Maringer, April 11, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 6
To be fair, if they get a Typhoon doing a display over the Humber again, that's pretty impressive. Not to mention very noisy!
Posted by: Green27, April 20, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from cmackenzie4

I'm lucky enough to play a part in organising The Farnborough one as a job. Already the massive marques and groundwork is getting done. Even had a display team over this week to test for certification. The buzz for that has already started.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 4, 2018, 1:51am; Reply: 8
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Yeah, i used to go to those.
Posted by: chaos33, May 26, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 9
I did too. I was a Binbrook regular in my youth (and Donna Nook)  and still enjoy the odd trip to Coningsby.
Posted by: mariner91, May 26, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from chaos33
I did too. I was a Binbrook regular in my youth (and Donna Nook)  and still enjoy the odd trip to Coningsby.

My mother's house is in Woodhall and regularly gets the Lancaster going over the garden at a very low height. Awesome sight and even more awesome sound.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from mariner91

My mother's house is in Woodhall and regularly gets the Lancaster going over the garden at a very low height. Awesome sight and even more awesome sound.

Brought a lump to my throat when I heard the Battle of Britain Flight at the Cleethorpes Carnival years ago (c 2009?).
Posted by: Maringer, May 27, 2018, 8:58am; Reply: 12
I went to Tattershall Castle the other year and the Lancaster was buzzing around the roof of the place. A great view which I wasn't able to capture using my crappy camera phone.
Posted by: mariner91, May 27, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Maringer
I went to Tattershall Castle the other year and the Lancaster was buzzing around the roof of the place. A great view which I wasn't able to capture using my crappy camera phone.

It's a fantastic aircraft. They were having real trouble with one of the engines a couple of years back and there were worries that it would be permanently grounded but thankfully it should still be flying for a while yet.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:18pm