Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, April 4, 2018, 7:03pm
We are far from relegated yet, despite the view of many Town fans.  Whilst I totally respect their views, we are still in this league and still fighting.  We have a huge game on Saturday, a game we simply must win.  This is the biggest game for Town since the FGR final to get back into the football league, I think in some ways this game is even bigger in the sense that Town are not just fighting for our future, but maybe for our future existence. JF will pull the plug eventually which could leave us in a perilous state.  I am optimistic about Saturday.  We have the next two home games against the bottom two and this has to be a great chance for us and also a last throw of the dice as well.  Granted we are awful ourselves, but what better an opportunity than that against the bottom two, and lets face facts they are not below us for no reason.  On Saturday we need to outwork Chesterfield in every area of the pitch.  A packed Blundell Park will help us as well, creating a great atmsophere.  We are not going to turn into a good team overnight, but a crazy amount of effort, blood sweat and tears could just carry us over the line in the next two games.  If we beat Chesterfield and stretch the gap to seven points, this will be a hammer blow for Chesterfield and one which their form suggests they will not recover from.  What would you take, three games in hand or a seven point lead ????  I know which one I would go for.  I have not supported Town for forty years to give up now, Saturday is make or break for this season, and I have a gut feeling that we are going to pull through and stay up.  I would say to all Town fans, forget about grievances for the last few games of the season, we need ferocious vocal support and with a fair wind, we might just do it.  Never give in, I certainly won't be.

UTM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 4, 2018, 7:26pm; Reply: 1
I don't think anyone on here needs telling to get behind the team. By hook or by crook, we desperately need a win on Saturday and I'm sure all of us on here will get behind whichever 11 is selected.

The time for inquests is after our trip to Nailsworth but even survival won't put right the off-field issues.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 4, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 2
One correction to the OP. We will not be in a perilous state if JF decides to pull the plug. We already are, but his departure will not make it worse unless he demands his money back. Otherwise we are solvent.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 4, 2018, 7:36pm; Reply: 3
My initial fear on the title was... it better not be from ;

JF
The board
Captain
Senior Player
Manager

as i am just about sick of them in recent months.

Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2018, 8:00pm; Reply: 4
Rallying call for which audience? Fans? Players? Everyone?
Fair enough, and easy enough for supporters to buy into the sentiment - we've done it scores of times in the last couple of decades. We don't need a rallying call.
The fans have perpetually regrouped and backed the team whatever; turning up in large numbers at BP and at stadiums all over the country, when the board or management or players have bundled their way into sh1t street. Usually they have been let down, disappointed and betrayed, having sung their hearts out, travelled miles and shelled out pounds, week after week, season after season. The fans don't need a rallying call. They can't do the business on the pitch of course. The supporters are neither the curse, or the cure, despite what the guilty would have you believe. The players and the people who run GTFC need to get their fingers out and deliver. The fans will be there, in numbers, just waiting for that little something to justify their hopeless devotion.
Posted by: lukeo, April 4, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 5
For me 4 points is a good return and something we should aim for realistically... Ideally with the 3 points coming from a win this Saturday
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 4, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
We are far from relegated yet, despite the view of many Town fans.  Whilst I totally respect their views, we are still in this league and still fighting.  We have a huge game on Saturday, a game we simply must win.  This is the biggest game for Town since the FGR final to get back into the football league, I think in some ways this game is even bigger in the sense that Town are not just fighting for our future, but maybe for our future existence. JF will pull the plug eventually which could leave us in a perilous state.  I am optimistic about Saturday.  We have the next two home games against the bottom two and this has to be a great chance for us and also a last throw of the dice as well.  Granted we are awful ourselves, but what better an opportunity than that against the bottom two, and lets face facts they are not below us for no reason.  On Saturday we need to outwork Chesterfield in every area of the pitch.  A packed Blundell Park will help us as well, creating a great atmsophere.  We are not going to turn into a good team overnight, but a crazy amount of effort, blood sweat and tears could just carry us over the line in the next two games.  If we beat Chesterfield and stretch the gap to seven points, this will be a hammer blow for Chesterfield and one which their form suggests they will not recover from.  What would you take, three games in hand or a seven point lead ????  I know which one I would go for.  I have not supported Town for forty years to give up now, Saturday is make or break for this season, and I have a gut feeling that we are going to pull through and stay up.  I would say to all Town fans, forget about grievances for the last few games of the season, we need ferocious vocal support and with a fair wind, we might just do it.  Never give in, I certainly won't be.

UTM

You’ve changed your tune!
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, April 4, 2018, 9:19pm; Reply: 7
Change the record Herts !
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 4, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
Change the record Herts !

I don’t get what you mean? Change the record from what ?

Most of the season you’ve spent starting posts having a pop at everyone now your “super supporter”.

Posted by: TheCodfather1966, April 4, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 9
You are a classic moaner Herts, too much time on your hands per chance, enough said.  
Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2018, 10:30pm; Reply: 10
He's right though...
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 4, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 11
[quote=120921]You are a classic moaner Herts, too much time on your hands per chance, enough said.  [/quote

“Classic moaner” yeah I’ll take that as it makes me no different to most on here.

Read back some of the threads you have started and then look up the word hypocrite.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:24am