Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, April 2, 2018, 7:35pm
Pontius Pilate and his motley crew would be a suitable replacement for you bunch of misfits and cowards in the boardroom . Jolley, roll back the stone! Fenty - you are the death not the resurrection...
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 2, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 1
Whatever happens, Fenty must be held accountable and must go. But leave the debate until mid may. At least we have the weekend of the playoffs free this year.
Posted by: TAGG, April 2, 2018, 8:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Whatever happens, Fenty must be held accountable and must go. But leave the debate until mid may. At least we have the weekend of the playoffs free this year.

Unfortunately there are still people who can't see this despite the evidence of our decline during Fentys time at the top.
This just keeps him hanging on.
Posted by: grimsbybrown, April 2, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 3
Well - just look at the facts.

If we go down again we will have had the following in 15 seasons.
5 seasons which were relegations or equivalent - if you count the year we were saved by points deductions elsewhere.  (33.3%)
6 years in Non League - (40%.)
3 times we would have finished in the bottom two of the entire football league (but for points deductions) so  - an achievement I think would be hard to get to even if you tried really hard.  (20%) one in every five seasons.

So essentially 3/4 of the time has been non-league or relegation.
Good value for £2M?  
Posted by: Shilts, April 2, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 4
This X10

I have been making this point for ages. Been trying to stick by Fenty but these stats are just unforgivable.

Everyone can have one bad season, a star player gets a bad injury, a bad manager appointment, or really bad luck. But 3/4 of bad seasons in your 15 yrs, tells us it's not ITV's fault, not woods fault, not even Slade's fault but the man that has presided over this dross.

I used to be so proud telling people I was a Grimsby fan, now, I try to hide it.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 11:28pm